Amibroker Help Thread

Hi

I think I might need some help with AB in general. Coming from Metatrader I find the handling quite non-intuitive (for example after hours of googling and searching I still have no idea how to save a full chart with trendlines and stuff), but still I want to learn this platform and the programming since I think it will be worth it in the end. It might be a good idea to start here a general helpthread for Amibroker. Hopefully some AB experts on this board will be kind enough to help out.

So here I go:

Problem: When switching from one timeframe to another the chart jumps to somewhere else and I then I have to find the place where I have been before again which is quite annoying. I was googling this and TomasZ advised many years ago to use 2 linked windows and look at them both instead of switching timeframes. Now this used to be achieved by Window->New->linked chart. But this option isn’t available anymore. (The handbook says it is now available at File->New->linked chart, but this doesn’t seem to be current either).

Creating a symbol link manually isn’t doing the trick, too. So how do you watch two different timeframes that are moving in sync?

i think "bill bundle" subscribed a thread "amibroker resources" it will help u to all kind of amibroker issues..

1) creating symbol link is easy in amibroker..means bootom of ami u see sheet1,2,3 at the end u can see symbol " locker:, "s" , "i" ..thats used for ur query..

s, locker used for locking the current symbol so u can't change nex symbol,

"s" used for linking symbol means u should change all sheets in a single symbol..

" i" used for different time frama used for different sheet...

i hope it will help u little bit..

happy trading...