Brain drippings

I have been in this forum for a while now and have shared and received many different programs and EA's, primarily for evaluation. Over the past several years my trading style has gone from scalping the one minute chart to using robots. In that. time both the robots and one minute scalping have been thrown in the rubbish heap of failed methods. Won't buy them, try them, look at them. They are all garbage. I have seen charts posted with so many indicators on them that you could not see price action. Traders who use countless indicators on charts are doing nothing more than trying to force or justify a trade and make the market come to them. A good example is Kevin Lowry's method that has more than 20 levels on it and then he claims trading victory when one of them is hit. What a surprise. What is an even bigger surprise is that suckers will pay more than $3000 for the insult. Then you have secret methods like Mauro. Here is a guy who has never shown a live trade and can look at a line chart, see some M and W patterns (huge shock!!) , find the same area on a candlestick chart, and charge $5000 for the insult. The market changes. Just look at the daily ranges on pairs today as compared to several years ago. The currency market is not there for retail traders to make a quick buck. It is there for the international transfer of funds. The "big boys" are not there to steal your money. They don't have the time nor inclination. They are trading billions of Euros and Dollars at a time and if you are vain enough to think that they are interested in the stoploss on your dinky little $10000 account then I have a bridge in New York I will sell you. What is the bottom line to all of this? Price action based on a background of fundamentals. If the BIS sells a hundred billion Euros your robot, MACD, or any other funky lagging indicator is not going to save your account from that 75 pip spike that came from nowhere. You can find swings on the 15 minute charts but the one hour chart will give you a lot less apprehension if you have a habit of micro managing your trading and watching every little fluctuation and tick with your finger on the Close Trade key in case price action moves 3 pips against you. If you want to trade 5 - 10 full lots at a time then a small move might satisfy your needs. Actually the guy who goes by the name Karl Dittman came up with a profitable system in April of 2012 called Superscalper for the one hour chart. With some common sense modification you can make a decent living off of it. Anyway, enough blathering. Opinions are like certain parts of the human anatomy - everyone has one and this is mine.

• 3 years later...