RENKO 5 Pip box Strategy

Freddie brought me back to where I gave up more than a year ago...renko and it's derivatives (crb and cdb)

Thanks for that, Freddie

I'm currently playing around with a combination of 5/10/15 pips bricks

I've coded a quick-and-dirty ea that is buying after a brick up and selling after a brick down with some manually intervention

Made me about 160 demo-pips net today (280 realized with 120 current drawdown)

I just changed the brick sizes to prime numbers not to have 3 entries at the same price

What's looking interesting is if you overlay the "SuperTrendCandles" indicator (to be found either here on II or google) and only buy the up-bricks when the indi says buy and vice versa

Edited by iwjw

...I'm currently playing around with a combination of 5/10/15 pips bricks I've coded a quick-and-dirty ea that is buying after a brick up and selling after a brick down ...What's looking interesting is if you overlay the "SuperTrendCandles" indicator (to be found either here on II or google) and only buy the up-bricks when the indi says buy and vice versa

Thanks for that JWJW. I tried searching both II and Google without success. Would you mind sharing it?

I am looking at 2, 3 amd 4 pip bricks at the moment but the 'trend' idea sounds just the job to keep us out of a few failures.

Thanks for that JWJW. I tried searching both II and Google without success. Would you mind sharing it?

I am looking at 2, 3 amd 4 pip bricks at the moment but the 'trend' idea sounds just the job to keep us out of a few failures.

Here you go:

www.4shared.com/rar/t21a52Vt/supertrend.html

I'm using the Supertrend_Candles indicator for a better visibility

I maybe recode a part of the underlying Supertrend indi because it's running through all bars on each tick but doesn't neccessarily repaint (as far as I could see)

What I like is that you don't get whipsawed with trend changes although price might be running against the trend the indi is suggesting

The indi isn't unfaillable and I'm currently looking for patterns:

- How often do we get at least 2 same colored bricks after a trend change (transition green->red or red->green)

- How often does an immediate reverse of a trend change lead to a continuation of the prevailing trend

i.e you get a green->red transition with a down-brick immediately followed by a up-brick. Is there a high probability that the next brick will also be a up-brick so that it becomes tradable?

These two patterns are working fine on the mini S&P future with 1point brick size, but I can't get enough historical data (that's by the way a great challenge for all instruments to get high qualitiy 1 minute data in sufficent amount)

Thanks for that IWJW.

This current week does not seem to have much by way of trends.

Here is last Monday's EU using 2pip bricks: (Having difficulty getting it down sized and have to go out. Will put a better pic up later...eventually did it!!)

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg299/phreddyinbg/5piprenko/EU27082pipr.jpg

5pip picture coming...ignore the '10pip' it was a mistake!!

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg299/phreddyinbg/5piprenko/EU27085pip.jpg

Edited by Freddie

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

5 pips Renko boxes are toooooooooooo hectic! I like between 10 and 15 pips boxes. But you can determine exact box size by ATR.

What orders do you use Freddy for entries and exits? Market orders are tooooooooooo costly! You give away lot of pips.

Enter after 2 of the same color is a good strategy because you catch lot of streaks of the same color. Exit after first color change!

Cheers Hermes

Edited by hermes

... Enter after 2 of the same color is a good strategy because you catch lot of streaks of the same color. Exit after first color change! Cheers Hermes

I was looking at a system where we buy/sell or exit after 2 of the same colour. I stopped when it did not work well.

This is an old thread, Hermes.

"This is an old thread" - Freddie we are also not the youngest, are we? How is the weather in Varna - Zlate Piesky? Cheers Hermes

Weather is really warm at Elhovo don't know about Varna - too far away.

• 3 months later...