PFA Zoning

abdob

I would suggest using the Gomi MP, it's free and it pretty much does the same thing as PF@.

That is not quite true. The indi requested in post #23 allows selection of custom area on the chart to see volume profile for. I don't think Gomi can do that. The P0w3rZ0ne is a nice indi, but as most others, a bit overpriced.

That is not quite true. The indi requested in post #23 allows selection of custom area on the chart to see volume profile for. I don't think Gomi can do that. The P0w3rZ0ne is a nice indi, but as most others, a bit overpriced.

Gomi framework does this--most people seem to not know about it.

https://www.bigmiketrading.com/elite-circle/3737-gommp-market-profile-indicator-13.html#post102366

They do the same thing. I have used both and switched to PFA zones recently. To me PFA is more accurate. I do know they are direct copies of each other. I checked domain age and found PFA had this product before apa. I will go with the originator every time. Again they will look fairly close but I find PFA more user friendly and accurate. You can't go wrong with either one but PFA is my choice. There is a setting on PFA that allows zones to not form within zones. I always set this option to true as i like to see original zones which are the strongest. Also PFA has targets when it enters zones to help you manage a trade. i turn them to false but some will like this feature. With PFA you can adjust zones on the fly. With apa you have to select a feature. Yes its fairly quick to select it in apa but i like to do it on the fly as if I were drawing them by hand.

Anyway my 2 cents on it. Hope it helps

I did the same search about the websites, APA looks like it was a NT vendor at least 1 year before PFA. And if you look at the cached version of PFA website back then before APA all they had was training and nothing to do with price action or zones at all. just another 2 cents worth.

Gomi framework does this--most people seem to not know about it.

https://www.bigmiketrading.com/elite-circle/3737-gommp-market-profile-indicator-13.html#post102366

You are right, there is such a function but is not obvious. If one does not read that specific post (which is in a looong thread) will never know about it. And I personally have another issue with that... It uses the "insert key" which does not exist on a MacBook Pro (i know it sucks but it is what it is...). I like gomiMP because is more complete (showing POC and other stuff) but that pfa thing is a bit more user friendly (specially if you don't need all the stuff from gomi)

• 3 months later...