Does anybody have this system http://*eministrategies*.com/*momentum-strategy*/

tradernate

this web request is from the above source code, google says URL in plain text is:http://ninjatrader.dyndns.info/adc4da2c4faf8fbdee50d5515aed38f5/8928b845a0f1bcde32460d2d594a2a50.php

this php now redirects to NT support page but its original content is unknown. it could be a receiver before. its IP is 37.113.137.7 from russia.

this suspicious patched version dll

Oh Jeez, this hack harvests NT license and other info from our computer and ships it somewhere so I suppose later a remote bot master can control and use our computers! Thank you minch for detecting this and I hope the moderators here take a note. It looks like all educated dll posts by moranna has this *bad* code piggybacked. Let's watch for future posts by moranna, but then again moranna can impose as another new user! So we have to be careful with dll files. cs files are definitely better because we can review/read it before loading. Be safe. Open source rules!

Thanks Joe11 for your explanation. BTW how we check this "piggyback" (malicious inside) code ? Do you know any software or right application for detected it?

Hi laser1000it, thanks.

Our esteemed educators here are in a better position to answer this question. I am not a c# programmer, but I can read the code to see obvious items like changing directory, looking for potentially unnecessary files (for the indi to work), etc. Even in this example, I am not able to decode where the info is sent (out to the Internet!). That part is obfuscated/encoded. A programmer can understand/decode it better. In short, it is not easy for a non-programmer to check this, especially in dll. So the source code (cs file) is safer than dll. Some educated dll like this example was actually converted to source code first, but then it was padded with bad code, and re-compiled into dll (to hide the bad code!), ie, this not a *normal* education! If we are able to get the cs out of a dll, then I would just stop the education process there and not recompile it into dll again. On the other hand, if we can't get the cs file out of a dll and we are trying to remove the license check, I think that is when we have a "patched" dll, that removes the procedures of license checking but not converted to a cs file. That is my understanding. The programmers here may correct me if I am all wet with this logic :-) Otherwise hope this makes sense...

Hi laser1000it, thanks.

Our esteemed educators here are in a better position to answer this question. I am not a c# programmer, but I can read the code to see obvious items like changing directory, looking for potentially unnecessary files (for the indi to work), etc. Even in this example, I am not able to decode where the info is sent (out to the Internet!). That part is obfuscated/encoded. A programmer can understand/decode it better. In short, it is not easy for a non-programmer to check this, especially in dll. So the source code (cs file) is safer than dll. Some educated dll like this example was actually converted to source code first, but then it was padded with bad code, and re-compiled into dll (to hide the bad code!), ie, this not a *normal* education! If we are able to get the cs out of a dll, then I would just stop the education process there and not recompile it into dll again. On the other hand, if we can't get the cs file out of a dll and we are trying to remove the license check, I think that is when we have a "patched" dll, that removes the procedures of license checking but not converted to a cs file. That is my understanding. The programmers here may correct me if I am all wet with this logic :-) Otherwise hope this makes sense...

I suggest the powers that be at II consider allowing links ONLY to .cs files; to prevent some knucklehead from harming our machines and stealing our identities.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...