Astronomy Trading "Trading with the Stars"

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you fmfx just a question please number 2 slide you mention click on step 2 and look down left, click on open button- I understand that you are looking for previous saved file but I am confused what button do you mean- please make another image of the button you click (the file button open the saved file) its not clear thanks again. also you say nn need to read above 900 where do I look for this number thanks again for you effort

Thank you fmfx just a question please number 2 slide you mention click on step 2 and look down left, click on open button- I understand that you are looking for previous saved file but I am confused what button do you mean- please make another image of the button you click (the file button open the saved file) its not clear thanks again. also you say nn need to read above 900 where do I look for this number thanks again for you effort

Here you go. m.flickr.com/photo.gne?id=7175510385&s=79287122&sig=ae59030c8a2a28592c5a67dbb87247cb&time=1339396741

As for where to look at the NN it is on one of the previously uploaded pictures.

Regards

FmFx,

I have a doubt regarding the backtest. In the procedure, first we are finding a suitable specturm. With the NN, this should be the inputs, right? So when you select the BT, it uses candlestick formations and bactests that info. Then this info becomes the input for the NN. In this case, whats the point in finding the spectrum?

Can you please explain?

FmFx,

I have a doubt regarding the backtest. In the procedure, first we are finding a suitable specturm. With the NN, this should be the inputs, right? So when you select the BT, it uses candlestick formations and bactests that info. Then this info becomes the input for the NN. In this case, whats the point in finding the spectrum?

Can you please explain?

Hi Kesk,

I have tried using the cycles from spectrum and found it doesn't fit (not accurate), so i tried finding it through BT and that works (at leats 75% accurate). I made a mistake in the first step (picture 1) by liking it to picture 2, picture 2 is a complete different way of forecasting with TS, i.e Spectrum is one and NN is another.

You can go through step one and then open NN and set the parameters (as describe) and then train straight instead of clicking the BT button.

All we need do in step2 is open NN and click on BT.

Regards

Thanx Unclepips for starting this future STARS creator thread.

Thanx Unclepips for starting this future STARS creator thread and for sharing FREELY your set ups and knowledge of this chaos TS trading software. I am still pulling my hair trying to understand this chaotic software. And to FXFM thanx for the visual explanation.

ThANK YOU VERY much!! FMFX! How long it will take to BT from 1/8 to 8/8 usually? If only we chose the "magnify cursor" and "zoom" "portion of chart" Maybe few months, instead of few year on daily chart. will it be calculate faster? Will it be accurate?

You are welcome. Actually it takes between 3-5 hour on slow PC and 2-3 hours on fast PC.

As for the LCB setting i don't think this backtest considers that, it does that it self.

Regards

FmFX , do we have to run BT 9 ( From 1/8-8/8) everday for daily chart or every 4 hour for 4 hour.? Or any shorcut or saved BT result for next bars calculation wihout B.T again? Thanks again.

You are welcome. Actually it takes between 3-5 hour on slow PC and 2-3 hours on fast PC.

As for the LCB setting i don't think this backtest considers that, it does that it self.

Regards

FmFX , do we have to run BT 9 ( From 1/8-8/8) everday for daily chart or every 4 hour for 4 hour.? Or any shorcut or saved BT result for next bars calculation wihout B.T again? Thanks again.

When you run BT it can give you projection for up to a month or more or less, after the BT save the chart with the picture button on middle top of the software (point the mouse on every button on top TS it will show the right one).

Regards

My backtest is running now for approx. 18 hrs and still 2.5days is remaining. This backtes is the first one with the 1-8 candlestick inputs. I wonder why so much time for backtest for 5 years. Some thing is wrong?

I've done several BTs and none of them took over 1.5-2 hours, but the training is been since 12 hours and still running.I'll stop it when the NN reaches 1.000

Fmfx,

Thank you for all your effort and explanations...however...I have run a number of tests starting back in the middle of 2007, 2008 and 2009. None of them were even close to replicating what the market did.

So for me, I couldn't trust any of these predictions I see on thread that are starting from the last bar...

I have never seen TS get a consistent prediction, nor for that matter have I seen Alphee get it right by anything other than 50:50 chance either...ever...and he makes a lot of guesses..

I am beginning to think this astro automation just doesnt work...at least not in a way we do it now...

Dave

Fmfx,

Thank you for all your effort and explanations...however...I have run a number of tests starting back in the middle of 2007, 2008 and 2009. None of them were even close to replicating what the market did.

So for me, I couldn't trust any of these predictions I see on thread that are starting from the last bar...

I have never seen TS get a consistent prediction, nor for that matter have I seen Alphee get it right by anything other than 50:50 chance either...ever...and he makes a lot of guesses..

I am beginning to think this astro automation just doesnt work...at least not in a way we do it now...

Dave

To do this thing right you need at least 25 years of D1 thick data, 10 years of data is not going to work.

Regards