Astronomy Trading "Trading with the Stars"

Fmfx,

I am still testing away...when you say in slide 3 under the Results Panel "This NN must read above 900..." what box are you referring to?

Dave

Just above where it says EURUSD1440.csv on top left corner of pic4, you will see a blue dart/arrow. Just click on it and you will get the box. Hope this helps.

Pardy

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I managed to complete training using EU 4 hr charts. Took about 6 hours in all.

@ FMfx. Altho' I specified 50,50 for the MA, the results shown were NN and LIN for 1,5,5 ; 1,10,10 and 1,15,15. Is this correct? In the TS Lecture pics too I noticed 1,10,10, so I assumed mine were OK. For all three I got to score of over 0.900 on NN Rel Osc and just under for LIN Rel Osc ( last stage of procedure).

The results showed based on UK time:

sell at 1100; buy at 1900; sell at 2300

on 13th june:

buy at 0700; sell at 1100; buy at 1900

lets see what happens.

@ Fmfx. I suppose if one wants to run more detailed results say on 5 min charts, then one would have to go thru the whole process again. Or is it possible to use the work already done on the h4 charts?

Thanks

As predicted, so far all predictions on nn4hr have worked. latest one of buy at 0700 uk time is also doing well. Hope its not just luck!!

Pardy

As predicted, so far all predictions on nn4hr have worked. latest one of buy at 0700 uk time is also doing well. Hope its not just luck!!

Pardy

Hi Pardy

Pls can you send me your chart/forecast for 4H? Just wanna compare :)

And also how many years of data did you use?

Thanks

Edited by Fmfx

Right, I'll try to dig it out. It only gave a prediction upto 14th June tho', don't know why. Also not sure how much data, I just followed the steps. I use mt4 for the data feed.

Pardy

It's ok, i just wanted to see what your chart looks like (4H forecast), it you can't upload it no prob.

Regards :)

If you use candlesticks for BT, then its projecting upto 7-15 bars in future. Could that be the reason?

Right, I'll try to dig it out. It only gave a prediction upto 14th June tho', don't know why. Also not sure how much data, I just followed the steps. I use mt4 for the data feed.

Pardy

Actually, does anyone know why it is necessary to "backtest" - this is the step that takes hours and hours. If you have the spectrum cycles in sine form, can we not simply skip the backtest step and go to train. Only takes few minutes, get the over 900 score and you are done. By way of trial, I have just done that on EU 30 mins. Will check if the results are any good! Hope they are, coz then you can simply run it every day to get the very latest.

Perhaps those more in the know can share their views.

Actually, does anyone know why it is necessary to "backtest" - this is the step that takes hours and hours. If you have the spectrum cycles in sine form, can we not simply skip the backtest step and go to train. Only takes few minutes, get the over 900 score and you are done. By way of trial, I have just done that on EU 30 mins. Will check if the results are any good! Hope they are, coz then you can simply run it every day to get the very latest.

Pardy,

You dont have to run a backtest everyday, maybe on weekends or even once a month should do, the inputs wont change much.

Here's a way to get around it.

You must save the initial Backtest you do, it will end up in Reports. If/once you have done that...

1. Click on Backtesting

2. Select Run a backtest

3 When the window pops up, click ok. This will start a backtest, let it run thru for 10 secs or so, then click Break on the bigger box

4. Say Yes to "Do you really want to break...." then the Backtesting Result tab will open

5. Click the open file envelope on the top left and you will see your saved file (the one you saved after you did the the long backtest), click on that and open it. That will load the saved results.

6 Click the red X on the top RHS

7 Then click ok. When you now click Step 2, you will see all the saved inputs

8 If you dont have enough bars to train, then simply click Training. Let it start and then when you see Stop, click it. Go to the top panel of chart data, click somewhere to the left that will get you over the 900 points and drag to the right. Stop at where you want the testing to end..ie either at the last data point or say a week or two before (to test).

9. Then click training again and it will start. Watch the Correlation window and stop when it gets to 0.900...or u can let it go on

10.Once stopped Click Main window etc and view your results. You can also then change the end point and click training and do it again. The correlation will reset after the first run thru and build up again towards 0.90

It should save you a LOT of time...

Dave

Pardy,

In my view, BT is not needed when you use Specturm and Astro. Backtesting uses Candlesticks, which is basically a technical analysis. So the result/output of the BT is that of candlesticks.

However, in one of the papers, they suggest adding BT inputs with other inputs like astor and spectrum. In this case, you can hope for a better result.

I agree with you, running astro or specturm easily produces 0.9 correlation easily without the hassle of BT.

EDIT: I may be wrong here on BT regarding astro/spectrum. We may not use the existing BT scenerios(pricebart_bt and price_bar_the_best) but we can make our own BT scenerio there)

Edited by kesk
bt

Hi pardy, I'm new to the astrology trading thread created by unclepips, I'm still going through the thread. I will be glad to receive your offer that you will create, base on the database of the thread. As you stated on page 23, post #227 and I quote "In fact, I am offering to create a database of these and maintain it for active users here. Please pm me if interested" Thanks in advance.

Hello everyone.

I am using the 2010 version along with meta-trader as a data feed.

No matter what I seem to try, I keep getting "incorrect trade days/hours" error with the TS 2010 version.

The TS 2008 version works great with 'Trading hours' set to: "Weekly intraday - from SUNDAY 23 : 59 : 59 to SATURDAY 00 : 00 : 01

But this 2010 version will not accept those trading hours settings.

Can anyone help?

Hello... Re: Version

I am using the 17 Feb 2012 version of TS. Whats the latest version, others using it?

Hello,

I am having trouble with the TS 2010 version.

Would you please PM me regarding your 2012 version ?

Having played with the 2008 version in the past, this is a great opportunity to exchange experiences.

Thank you .

JJ

To start with, keep it simple. Example, I created a worksheet for EU 5 mins, with live data feed from mt4. I used astronomy composite Mercury - Saturn helio 44H. Also added Nercury - Venus helio 27H. No neural net training. Excellent results today.

Now to try some planetary lines for s/r. Done.

I agree that I could not have accomplished creating the charts without help from Unclepips here, but once you get the hang of it, it is quite simple.

Pardy

Hi pardy, how do you get the live data feed from mt4? Thanks in advance.

to export data from mt4, try this indicator, simply add to your preferred chart

http://www16.zippyshare.com/v/37861418/file.html

in timing solution: file-open price history file- select your mt4 folder/experts/files

for automatic updating: mt4 open and in timing solution datafeeding activated, kind-from file- datafeed select your chart-press active

Edited by Deorn