Astronomy Trading "Trading with the Stars"

My backtest is running now for approx. 18 hrs and still 2.5days is remaining. This backtes is the first one with the 1-8 candlestick inputs. I wonder why so much time for backtest for 5 years. Some thing is wrong?

Probably your computer is too slow (low Ram, low hard disk, low GHz)

Regards

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I managed to complete training using EU 4 hr charts. Took about 6 hours in all.

@ FMfx. Altho' I specified 50,50 for the MA, the results shown were NN and LIN for 1,5,5 ; 1,10,10 and 1,15,15. Is this correct? In the TS Lecture pics too I noticed 1,10,10, so I assumed mine were OK. For all three I got to score of over 0.900 on NN Rel Osc and just under for LIN Rel Osc ( last stage of procedure).

The results showed based on UK time:

sell at 1100; buy at 1900; sell at 2300

on 13th june:

buy at 0700; sell at 1100; buy at 1900

lets see what happens.

@ Fmfx. I suppose if one wants to run more detailed results say on 5 min charts, then one would have to go thru the whole process again. Or is it possible to use the work already done on the h4 charts?

Thanks

In the TS manual and help files that i have read, for short term daily forecast, it recommends 13 years of data is enough. Look at the DJ solution.

I used 90 years of Daily data on the Dow Jones...

I will follow your results with great interest, I just wont put my money on it until the results of at least 20 tests prove the theory...I hope it works!

Well, I managed to complete training using EU 4 hr charts. Took about 6 hours in all.

@ FMfx. Altho' I specified 50,50 for the MA, the results shown were NN and LIN for 1,5,5 ; 1,10,10 and 1,15,15. Is this correct? In the TS Lecture pics too I noticed 1,10,10, so I assumed mine were OK. For all three I got to score of over 0.900 on NN Rel Osc and just under for LIN Rel Osc ( last stage of procedure).

The results showed based on UK time:

sell at 1100; buy at 1900; sell at 2300

on 13th june:

buy at 0700; sell at 1100; buy at 1900

lets see what happens.

@ Fmfx. I suppose if one wants to run more detailed results say on 5 min charts, then one would have to go thru the whole process again. Or is it possible to use the work already done on the h4 charts?

Thanks

Yes the NN chosse the settings for you i.e 5's, 10's, 15's,.

Also if you want to use 5M data you will have to do a new backtest. I also advice not to use more than one month of data for 5M (cos the BT might take for ever).

You can also save the chart pictures.

Regards

I used 90 years of Daily data on the Dow Jones...

I will follow your results with great interest, I just wont put my money on it until the results of at least 20 tests prove the theory...I hope it works!

Man i think 90 years is way too much, your BT might take forever. At least 45 years should be enough.

And where did you get that much data?

Regards

Man i think 90 years is way too much, your BT might take forever. At least 45 years should be enough.

And where did you get that much data?

Regards

Took 3 hours each...there is a lot of data that comes loaded with TS...but Dow history is all over the place, just google it...

But it is a fair point...what is enough and can you have too much, I think that the only way to answer that is by testing random dates over random years...a big task...and of course does it really give you an edge that can make you money

Took 3 hours each...there is a lot of data that comes loaded with TS...but Dow history is all over the place, just google it...

But it is a fair point...what is enough and can you have too much, I think that the only way to answer that is by testing random dates over random years...a big task...and of course does it really give you an edge that can make you money

I think you should be the judge of that, since your style of trading is different from mine.

So far my forecast for this month has not missed a turn.

Regards

Edited by Fmfx

Fmfx, was looking again at your prediction for EU on the daily. Out of interest, what is the red line?

Do you just trade the daily, or you look for turning points and trade the direction? Btw, so far around 30 pips shorting EU based on the 4 hr.

I'm thinking if I do another test on say 30 mins, it might refine/ confirm further the entries. I'm running it for 30 mins currently, lets see what the results say.

Pardy

Fmfx, was looking again at your prediction for EU on the daily. Out of interest, what is the red line?

Do you just trade the daily, or you look for turning points and trade the direction? Btw, so far around 30 pips shorting EU based on the 4 hr.

I'm thinking if I do another test on say 30 mins, it might refine/ confirm further the entries. I'm running it for 30 mins currently, lets see what the results say.

Pardy

Hi Pardy

The red line is the NN 1,5,5 projection line while the blue one is its Linear Model.

I am a swing trader, my orders run for days, weeks or months.

ADVICE: forecasting with astro is best on daily chart, the pros recommends this.

Regards

Hi Pardy

The red line is the NN 1,5,5 projection line while the blue one is its Linear Model.

I am a swing trader, my orders run for days, weeks or months.

ADVICE: forecasting with astro is best on daily chart, the pros recommends this.

Regards

Is there a similar method for astro training/ determination to the one you explained for NN.

Btw, so far, 67 pips going short on EU per the recommendation of 4 hr chart NN.

Pardy

Is there a similar method for astro training/ determination to the one you explained for NN.

Btw, so far, 67 pips going short on EU per the recommendation of 4 hr chart NN.

Pardy

Hi Pardy

I don't think one can train astro, but i think we can backtest it just to get the best Planet and Angle (uncle pips already explained this but i'm yet to understand it).

And congrats, lucky you with +67 pips (and counting). Your first trade using the backtested/trained NN forecast ? :)

Regards

Yes, but this one just on demo, just checking it out. Entry was half an hour later than 11am, using my own entry signal. The good thing is if this works, then it gives a lot of confidence in taking trades in the right direction. exciting stuff.

I believe in the new version there are better facilities to determine planets and angles.

Uncle Pips, could you pls give a step by step on determining planets please. Maybe like Fmfx did, it was so clear.

Thanks

Pardy

Yes, but this one just on demo, just checking it out. Entry was half an hour later than 11am, using my own entry signal. The good thing is if this works, then it gives a lot of confidence in taking trades in the right direction. exciting stuff.

I believe in the new version there are better facilities to determine planets and angles.

Uncle Pips, could you pls give a step by step on determining planets please. Maybe like Fmfx did, it was so clear.

Thanks

Pardy

yeah, it is good to trade TS with other systems, i'd never trade TS alone bcos nothing is 100%.

I also have a sell running live since yesterday, currently at +155 pips, i shall close it on thursday/friday.

After playing with TS for a couple of hours ,I've got this forecast on EURUSD Daily chart.

Anyone with similar result as this one ?

http://i48.tinypic.com/112hmxv.jpg

Full size picture http://i49.tinypic.com/2lwofpx.jpg

Hi,

This sure looks good, especially, with NN line. However, I wonder how come LN does not have correlation number? but the prediction sure looks solid to me.

With best regards,

Unclepips

Hello friends,

It looks like you guys are doing well with TS so far these days. I am sorry at the moment I am not trading. I just try to get my health issue resolved. Hopefully, after the surgery this coming Friday (at the moment, this is the scheduled date), I'll be back to compare my charts with y'all. Until then my friends, have a great and wonderful trading days ahead. And collect more pips, pleaseeeeeeee!

With best regards,

Unclepips

Hi,

However, I wonder how come LN does not have correlation number?

With best regards,

Unclepips

The LN was hidden from the Neural Net 1 menu,that's why you can't see it.

The curve looks good but I think it isn't correct ,because I've used data for 2 years only.

Hello friends,

It looks like you guys are doing well with TS so far these days. I am sorry at the moment I am not trading. I just try to get my health issue resolved. Hopefully, after the surgery this coming Friday (at the moment, this is the scheduled date), I'll be back to compare my charts with y'all. Until then my friends, have a great and wonderful trading days ahead. And collect more pips, pleaseeeeeeee!

With best regards,

Unclepips

Wishing you good luck with your surgery and speedy recovery bro, i hope to see you back here soon in good health.

Save :)

take good care unclepips

Hello friends,

With best regards,

Unclepips