Consistently profitable (for years) traders what do you do?

dan90

Since I tried forex I alway tried expert advisors, but I found that the are not consistent, fail after awhile, not to mention, that they give different results on backtest, demo, and live, and different with borkers. Now I just want a steady I 20% or so a month, but consistently. Some H4 or D1 strategy? I'm a student, cannot be glued to the screen, so m15 or so stagegies ar not for me.

wow, only 20% per month...that's what I would call modest

All jokes aside: 20%/month that's 1% per day

If you will ever find a system that generates such a profit over years, you can forget your studying and you would have enough time to even watch the m1 chart the whole day

But if anyone would share here such a system, I'm all ears

Since I tried forex I alway tried expert advisors, but I found that the are not consistent, fail after awhile, not to mention, that they give different results on backtest, demo, and live, and different with borkers. Now I just want a steady I 20% or so a month, but consistently. Some H4 or D1 strategy? I'm a student, cannot be glued to the screen, so m15 or so stagegies ar not for me.

I agree; !!What a mess!! The ea generally doesn't work; because of broker's manipulation of the indicators. Reason which I believe that it is silly to buy an indicator. There are few indicators and tools that cannot be render falsely by the broker such as those ingrain in the mt4 platform; but they are others as well. Me to know, you to find out. I wish for a federal agency managing the client's funds. There is some ea that works but they must be based on price action; probabily one with a breakout and its condition would do. That is, if doesn't include indicators such as Renko.

Edited by 4xmeter

Personally i don´t like EA´s. Expectations of 20% month are high, for me achieve average 10% month consistently is hard work, but is possible, and my DD is no higher then 25% since 2008. Regarding the indicators, well my most powerfull indicator is money management, as this is the key to be sucessfull or not.

regards,

Edited by eggzactly

Dan, I would advice you to focus on price action strategies, rather than following some indicator based strategies or EA.

If you have time please go through these courses for the starting, it will surely give you some of your own ideas

First one is Intraday Market Flow strategy by Hector De Ville

Second one is Part Time Trading Strategy by Hector De Ville

You can find this stuff on Indo-Investasi, the video lessons can give you some nice insight, but still have to work your way around.

I would be glad to help you.

Thanks,

Jay

Well I wrote 20% because lots of eas claim more, nad I thought thats realistic to achieve, but 10-20 is good just be consistent. I found a site in hungarian, that shows typical market moves, and what to experct from them. I think I gotta start practicing. Jay007 thanks for the course idea.

People who claim 60 50 % a month sooner or later blow out what egzactly says is right.

Money management is key if you can make your 20% a month why bother. If i believe you that would be a second question 20% a month is really good wonder what your high watermark is then and biggest drawdown or lowest month.

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...