{Req} MTS "HEDGE" from cmillion

Do you know what Delta is?

Something to do with SMA?

Delta as bein' referred to in mathematics: an incremental change in a variable. So whatever the variable bein' relatin to the currency pairs the more they be movin' away from each other resultin' in the greater amount of "Delta" and all.

Accordin' to tongtoro looks like the variable could be the rate of the change of price it seems like.

Also I'd be likin' to point out somethin' to all the brethren for tradin' with software like this and havin' martingale and all we be lookin' at havin' enough equity for your lots lots to be experiencin' the comfort within emotional security and all.

Edited by callahan

Here it is

Array A (N) = ([Moving average of symbol 2 on the time frame that you have selected for comparison for a period of average (by default it was 5) with no shift and method of calculation being smooth and price being weighted and the resulting value shifted by (N)] - LOW) / (HIGH - LOW) * 200 - 100

SAME for symbol 1 and then u subtract A from B and get the delta

Please note that High and Low are calculated separately depending on the time frame compared

thanks!

If I could have this in English, that would be great.

//

A= (iMA(SYMBOL2,0,averaging,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_WEIGHTED,i) -L)/(H-L)*200-100;

B= (iMA(SYMBOL1,0,averaging,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_WEIGHTED,i) -Low_Win)/(High_Win-Low_Win)*200-100;

Delta=A-B;

//

Edited by Jay007

There is no grid for sure, but yes it has a little martingale strategy to increase the profit in case there is increasing divergence between the prices, u can leave the lot size of the 2nd currency to zero it will be automatically calculated, to decrease the lots size, simply change the KLot variable to one or may as I am trying to 0.25, also the martingale strategy comes into play when the open positions dont reach there expected profit margin, so if u have less profit expectation, there is a good chance that martin will not come to play, thanks!

Looks like there is grid plus martingale in the strategy. Please confirm, anyone?

Do you adjust lot size for the 2nd currency pair based on price ratio of 1st and 2nd pairs?

So far it is working as expected. Positive profit.

Edited by Jay007

The EA is taking additional trades when the delta increases by StepDelta=10, just like a grid. It is betting that divergence will not continue forever. That said, Swiss banks can change policy overnight and you could get hurt. K_Lot is the martingale factor, I think. But I haven't found the lot size correlation yet.

There is no grid for sure, but yes it has a little martingale strategy to increase the profit in case there is increasing divergence between the prices, u can leave the lot size of the 2nd currency to zero it will be automatically calculated, to decrease the lots size, simply change the KLot variable to one or may as I am trying to 0.25, also the martingale strategy comes into play when the open positions dont reach there expected profit margin, so if u have less profit expectation, there is a good chance that martin will not come to play, thanks!

if u dont want it to act like a grid, just use zero for stepdelta, simple)

The EA is taking additional trades when the delta increases by StepDelta=10, just like a grid. It is betting that divergence will not continue forever. That said, Swiss banks can change policy overnight and you could get hurt. K_Lot is the martingale factor, I think. But I haven't found the lot size correlation yet.

Yes, this thing is far more better than the usual EA's sold by marketers, but discretion is needed, esp. in selecting time frames and markets (trend or range)

This thing can work. It might not be suitin' yer style so one should stick to their style and utilize what works for themselves.

Also there is a limited amount of orders that can be opened now regardless of any Martingale fears that ya all might be experiencin' and there's bein' utilized the natural correlation between the specific pairs.

Yez can do a lot worse now, know what I'm sayin'? Compared to the utter rubbish bein' dumped here typically?

I am glad I didn't buy it. In my opinion, this EA is no less risky than trading EURGBP alone. The only indicator this EA is using is SMA rate of change.

Yeap you're right. This one can be lookin' for trouble :-S

I wouldn't be usin' this live until at least 1 month of demoin' and tryin' like different time frames and the different pairs and all so to be sure. Probably need like a large amount of leverage/equity (like a lot now) and usin' a higher amount of open orders without Martingale to be gettin' the results desired. Likely extended Draw Down periods.

Movin' on now...

Edited by callahan

• 1 month later...
Hello Everyone!

I'm new here. I think this EA would do well with Woodies CCI instead of SMA or whatever it's using. The strategy is seems good.

I used a similar strategy on Live Roulette. Played only Red and Black.

I use to place a chip on one colour and double that on the other colour. And if I lost the heavier side, I would double the heavier bet and repeat the single chip on the same colours, until I win the heavier bet. Then I wold bet again and change colour sides if any one of the colours were more frequent.

So Let's say I put $1 on Black and $2 on Red. I win Black. I win $1 and Loose $2.

Now again I bet $1 on black but $4 on Red. If I win Black again I win $1 and loose $4.

Again I double my loosing Bet on Red at $8 and Keep a $1 bet on black. Let's say this time I win Red.

So, I win $8+$1+$1= $10.

I loose $2+$4+1=$7.

Hence I win $10-$7=$3.

Therefore I win $1 one per be, Once I win my heavier bet.

Now even in Roulette you will get streaks of Red and Blacks and sometimes mixed. Sort of like trends and choppy markets. If you play with the streaks, you keep winning. and you win during mixed markets too. I used this method to win $4000 on Roulette(not online software). But the House did not like that. So they started playing dirty with me, and I quit playing.

I think the same method could be used in the Markets. Given you have Fixed spreads and not much Slippage. It's worth a try for those of you who can code.

Please share with me if any of you do make a EA from my method.

Thank you, and Special thanks to "callahan" for the PM.

This is called "martingaling". Good luck when blowing your trading account!