Trading Platform

ian_arifin

i have been using saxo for a very long time. no complains so far.

it really depends on what you are looking for. like saxo can trade fx, stocks, cfd, kommoditas and many others. it is really benefit to have all on one platform and even the rates are quite cheap as well. they are also well regulated in singapore. but if u only waan to trade one produkt only then maybe can go wit fxcm for fx. i dont know who else can do cfds because i dont trade that.

I don`t know about Saxo-Singapore, but saxo switzerland turned out in my case as a bunch of snobbish robbers: Wide spreads, high min. order size (or ticket fee) eypensive for futures and stocks, lousy margin........

Better take your time and learn IBs TWS (its a Porsche - not a Chevy) or use your preferred TA software through IBs API.

Regards

tnx for the recco, i just downloaded saxo, i must say, the software interface is pretty impressive (i like the instrument search function, it's just like a google search, type the code/company name, and walaahh.... it appears, very very easy!!), compared to IB which is all black and java based. i'm still trying it out, i am also still trying MT since lots of people are using it

Saxo - Singapore is regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore. I've been to their office before, it is in Raffles Place (their CBD), looks well established so I hope nothing happens to them. So far I transferred alot of stocks I had from my american broker to them, no problems. Use them for stocks and fx trading.

I tried IBs API before think its not suitable for me. Abit too complicated. I must be getting old :P

MT is another platform with a black background, the look and feel is kind of old ... maybe i'm still not used to it, still tyring it out. still prefer the windows based saxo - the range of currency pairs, commodities and indexes offered is gooooodd, i'm trading gold now btw, price dropped from 1746 to 1718 in 1 day !!! ... ooh my heart just broke

• 2 weeks later...

MT IB Saxo

MT

Adv: forex robots

Dis: not web based

Cmts: MT5 is coming out, but I heard it's not as good as MT4

IB

Adv: have warrants and structured products, ekcecution quite fast, they have quite huge range of products

Disadv: dun like the platform

Saxo

Adv: has account summary which is consolidated for FX,CFD,commodities,stocks,etc, so v v easy to monitor profit/loss at a glance

Disadv: can only open account in Singapore

i know for a fact saxo has > 20,000 stocks worldwide for you to trade if that is what you are interested. most are available in cfds too. FX they have one of the most pairs available i think 160+, can trade chinese yuan, hkdjpy, usdrub, sgdhkd etc. they also have bahasa-speaking staff to help if you are interested. http://sg.saxomarkets.com/lp/indo

actually i really like their platform. problem is they do not have introducing broker program as i tried to ask them before but they dont have.

• 3 weeks later...

Charts

I also like the charts in Saxo, they have almost everything from BB, SAR, ADX, PKS, MAC, RSI, MA, Fibo, etc. the workspaces are also customisable, can just drag the tabs everywhere, i can put 6 charts in 1 screen along with the technical indicators. everythings just drag and drop.

CFD can access most of major exchanges from US, UK, Europe, Asia. The Singapore and hongkong commissions are also cheaper

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...