Tom´s EA

Elovv

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The EA is out but geeee are they crazy?

I demoed it for some time and without being able to hedge your account will be drilled up in floating DD trades in no time. With hedging allowed you can survive about BE, so the profits 'ranked' in will be about or slighlty less the dd you have open as floating loss trades...

Then the martingale is heavy. starting with 0.02 lot size (2% risk on 10K demo all pairs) it increases to 0.06 after the 3rd 0.02 lot trade then 0.12, then 0.18 finally 0.24 max observed in 1 month of demo trading this 'valuable' EA...

Here is something else to observe as decision making if this EA is **** or ****:

Overall Profit target is 60 pips on all pairs, SL is 400 pips fixed on all pairs.

As soon as multiple trades are to be opened this makes a 'set of trades', the overall TP remains in total 60 pips and TP levels for this set of trades are adjusted, the SL remains for each trade 400 pips!

Assume a simple example:

trade1 opens and goes into DD for let's assume 30 pips,

trade2 opens and goes aswell into DD for another 30 pips, meaning 60 pips DD on trade1, 30 pips DD on trade2

trade3 opens and price still moves badly another 30 pips ... and so on

History shows in some pairs we have a significant directional move of up to 900 pips without any retracement!

Apply this to Tom'sEA and here is what you get for a 400 pip move against you:

until the first trade goes into full SL the price moved 400 pips against you, assume every 30 pips trades are opened (this is NOT what the EA does, the EA does it in some sort of adopted logic but for simplicity I assume this and it matches on average the trades I had...) you get a total of 13 trades opened against you! The martingale so far observed max is 0.02 -> 0.02 -> 0.02 -> 0.06 -> 0.12 -> 0.24 from that I assume it goes linear on like that, meaning with 13 trades you are at 0.30, 0.36, 0.42, 0.48, 0.54, 0.60, 0.66 lot trade! Total of 3.84 lots open with a floating loss of 22590 pips of 0.02 lots

In total the TP remains 60 pips, so after a move of 400 pips against you the total profit of all open trades on that pair in one direction needs to gain 60 pips... I am sick of such scam... calculate the R/R ratio (60/22590)...this is 376.5 to 1 and it becomes clear that you have 'a system' which has a hitrate of 99+% even though it looses in the longrun...

imho you will only find out its a looser over very long time, this with a pricetag of 1997 USD, give me a break :-)

Joe

Okay, I have a potentially lame question. i suspect the answer should be obvious, but i gotta make sure. What is the difference between a decompiled EA and an educated ea?

"Decompiled" means that it ONLY has been decompiled from unreadable but executable EX4 file format to readable but non-executable MQ4 file format.

"Educated" means that the above "decompiled" file ALSO has been altered, usually in order to remove protection (or attemtping to do so), and/or adding features to it, like making it possible to run on other currency pairs than it was supposed to work wit, adding news filter, adding trading hours, etc.

Here is the Edu MQ4 version, maybe someone can make it safer!

http://[email protected]/file/OQuH-1Ns/TEA.html

Hi!

On http://www.tomsea.com/fe/14859-software-download we can download a free 2 week trial of Toms EA. For now its ver 1.88.

From today I compare the educated version (1.87) with the free trial version on IBFX micro account. So long all trades is exactly desame.