[REQ] Mellen, Mark How to play the races & win

kent123

[REQ] Does anybody have the book How To Play The Horses And Win by Mark Mellen. Its One of the books on Ganns Reading List I just Cant find. I think theres a copy at TradersZone but you need privileges to get it over there. Any help would be much appreciated. Here's some more info on the book.

Ā 

How To Play The Races And Win.

Mark Mellen, Editor of Post Time.

1938. RELEASED FOR THE FIRST TIME. One of the 5 rarest books from W.D. Gannā€™s Recommended Reading List.

Ā 

From Front Cover: Including Mellen's Master's Key System For Picking Longshot Winners, And The Great Discovery, A Tested Method Of Progressive Betting Based On Sound Established Mathematical Principles. $2 Flat Wager on 424 Races Net Profit $922.20.

"Beating The Races is 75% Mathematics & Only 25% Horses."

Ā 

From Back Cover: "WHY BE A SUCKER? Don't play hunches and donā€™t try to hone in on a fixed race' you'll find that the only thing fixed is yourself. Don't listen to tipsters and touts, and don't think you know it all. You can't outfigure the handicappers, and the best jockeys don't always win. Form is important but figures mean much more, and it's not the number of winners you pick but the amount they pay that counts. $5,000,000,000 were wagered on horse races last year. Ninety percent (90%) of those who risked this money were suckers using hit or miss methods or relying upon word of mouth information. There is no longer any reason for YOU to continue to be a sucker. BECAUSE YOU CAN BEAT THE RACES! Mark Mellen has spent forty years at the American tracks. His practical knowledge of horses and horsemen plus the best mathematical brains of the country will enable YOU to win consistently.

Ā 

This book based upon the mathematical methods used by Chicago O'Brein, Pittsburgh Phil and other highly successful operators tells you HOW TO HANDLE YOUR MONEY INTELLIGENTLY and shows you HOW TO PICK LONG SHOT WINNERS WITH PREDICTABLE ACCURACY. A small investment and two hours of careful study will increase your chances for winning by 500%." -Mark Mellen Contents: You Can Beat The Races! Part 1: The Great Discovery: A Tested Method of Progressive Betting, Based on Sound Arithemetic Principles, Which Has Been Figured Out With Mathematical Exactness. Method of Progression; Number Series; System 1; System 2; The Rules. Part 2: Mellen's Master Key System For Picking Longshot Winners. The Only Mathematically Correct Method For Continuous Longshot Play. This system was tested on 424 consecutive races at the Illinois tracks (Arlington & Washington).

Ā 

Summary (When using $2.00 flat wagers only): Straight Winners - Mutual Payoff: $1,770.20. Cost of Wagers - 424 at $2.00: $848.00. Net Profit: $922.20. If the "Great Discovery" Had Been Used: Straight Winners - Mutual Payoff: $12,461.20. Cost of Wagers: $4,248.00. Net Profit: $8,213.20.

I'm not a fan of Gann, though from searching around it looks as though a downloadable pdf (Mellen Mark - How To Play The Races and Win.pdf) is available at:

Ā 

www.wheelsinthesky.com

Ā 

Looks as though you'll need to register to see what's in there, though it appears to be a free site at first glance. [edit] Oops - just checked again and it's $64 for 6 months.

Ā 

The only other place I could find was for sale by sacredscience and it will set you back $200 for a fancy hardback.

Edited by soundfx

Not free, $64 USD / 6 mo., $120 / year.

Ā 

Somehow I doubt that Mellen's progression is still a secret.

Ā 

Ā 

I'm not a fan of Gann, though from searching around it looks as though a downloadable pdf (Mellen Mark - How To Play The Races and Win.pdf) is available at:

Ā 

www.wheelsinthesky.com

Ā 

Looks as though you'll need to register to see what's in there, though it appears to be a free site at first glance. [edit] Oops - just checked again and it's $64 for 6 months.

Ā 

The only other place I could find was for sale by sacredscience and it will set you back $200 for a fancy hardback.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Kent, glad you like Butanet's book, I am not that much into trading, I am more interested in greyhound and horse racing, been doing some research with Jack Gillens work, so far not that much success, but I feel that I'm close.

Ā 

Ā 

Regards

Ā 

quetzalcoatlchess@hotmail my email my friend!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Thanks a lot people for all your kind sharing.The below mentioned course might be useful but cannot download

Planetary Influences, Vedic Astrology & Market Forecasting Home Study Course

http://www.ewef.net/forumdisplay.php?f=28

http://www.ewef.net/showthread.php?t=24505 (Wave59 PowerUser Conference 2011)

Ā 

why are you so much worrying for that, when lot of good astro trading books shared / available here in this forum,,

uploaded by JohnBest and others. Besides that Vedic astro techniques are not good for day trading .

However they provide good long term signals. I strongly suggest you read few western financial astrology books

before seeking that "Planetary Influences, Vedic Astrology...... course"

Good Luck in your pursuits ..

Ā 

Happy new year to you My friend.

Ā 

bhargav

• 1 month later...