[free share] Divergence Pattern trading

Hect0r DeVi11e of the rather decent Hect0r Trading Course fame sent out an email with a link to download a handy little free ebook on trading MACD convergence and divergence.

The original link I received was this:

http://www.wizardtrader.com/totally_free_forex_indicator_strategy.html

which requires you to type in your email address to receive further information.

I just took a quick read through, nice introductory read for trading divergence, but old news for many of the experienced divergence traders here on II. Still, it could be a good refresher read even for those old timers among you. Enjoy.

Edited by dukeaugustus

I like Hector FX Devil but the second link you offer cannot be opened with any software! I have to go for the first link.

Hermes

Hi Hermes, sorry the link did not work for you. I just tried again, from download to opening the pdf. It seems to work on my end. Not sure why it failed on you. But glad you could at least go through the first link.

Does anyone know why my 2nd link works on my end, but not for others? I was hoping to save you time if you do not wish to give out your email address out to receive the ebook.

• 9 months later...
is this stuff working with u guys

It has been over 9 months since I started this sharing thread. To be honest, my trading now-a-days uses mostly price action + trend lines/support/resistance, and I also use the AO to help me count waves.

But to answer your question, I have found convergence/divergence in general do have some predictive value for my own trading. At one time I was using RSI, then for the past 6 months or so I was also playing with AO. But I think it does not matter so much which "oscillator" indicator you use (RSI, MACD, AO, Stoch, etc.) to look for divergence/convergence, but more on how well you as trader is "in-tune" with the particular indicator in its reading the price action. And to be good at that, I think requires personal experience and experiments, because each trader will find different solution that best fits his/her trading style.

For myself, the only oscillator-type indicator I use now is the AO, but I use it more for counting waves, less so for seeing divergence. (But of course I do pay heed if there is an obvious divergence coming up).

Edited by dukeaugustus

It has been over 9 months since I started this sharing thread. To be honest, my trading now-a-days uses mostly price action + trend lines/support/resistance, and I also use the AO to help me count waves.

But to answer your question, I have found convergence/divergence in general do have some predictive value for my own trading. At one time I was using RSI, then for the past 6 months or so I was also playing with AO. But I think it does not matter so much which "oscillator" indicator you use (RSI, MACD, AO, Stoch, etc.) to look for divergence/convergence, but more on how well you as trader is "in-tune" with the particular indicator in its reading the price action. And to be good at that, I think requires personal experience and experiments, because each trader will find different solution that best fits his/her trading style.

For myself, the only oscillator-type indicator I use now is the AO, but I use it more for counting waves, less so for seeing divergence. (But of course I do pay heed if there is an obvious divergence coming up).

hello could you tell how you count waves through AO. I am also using AO these days but still am not familiar with it.

Thanks.

hello could you tell how you count waves through AO. I am also using AO these days but still am not familiar with it.

Thanks.

I use the AO wave counting method per the A*I*M*S method, already shared somewhere else in this forum.

My understanding of counting wave with AO is still not perfect, my own style is to try to identify wave 3 "after-the-fact" and then attempt to profit from wave 5.

My method: on eurusd M5 chart, if price moves strongly in one direction late asian or early london session (this is subjective, I usually look for a sustained move over 75 pips or more), I will assume that is a potential wave 3, and I will then visually note the corresponding peak or valley of AO of this move. Then whenever AO crosses the zero line to the opposite side, I now assumes that retracement as wave 4; finally I will look for AO cross zero back again in the direction of wave 3, and I will take that as indication of going into wave 5.

There are other issues I also keep track of. For example, if my wave 4 retraces past the start of my wave 3, then I will consider my wave 3 as wrong, and the new move is now the new wave 3. Also I keep track of ADR, if my wave 3 has pushed price to about or well beyond average daily range, then I will not try to trade wave 5. Also, my "subjective" feel for how large a move makes a wave 3 changes over time. Simply lots of screen time, and "feel" for it after looking at it for a while. My general rule-of-thumb is a move of at least over 55 pips, ideally at least 70 or more pips, but less than 80% of average daily range.

As I said earlier, not a perfect method. Sometimes I get lucky, and my wave 5 turns out to be wave 3 and can give me a nice long run. Other times, my wave 5 will give me only a small run in my desired direction. Either case I try to profit from it.

And of course, sometimes in ranging days, it is very difficult to get a good wave count read. Then I do not use AO wave count method on such days.

Hope what I explains make sense. The concept is actually simple, but I am not very good at explaining it. If you want further reading on this, I think the "i*trade*A*I*M*S" manual does a better job of explaining than I do. Although they do not really trade the waves, but his way of using AO to count waves seems to click with me.