1. The low of the previous H4 bar is above the low of the previous month

2. The open of the current H4 bar is above the high of the previous month

Add to your position at each H4 low as per first two rules

Exit all positions at the previous H4 high

Opposite for sells

No stops

That's it.

Hi Conglo,

Thanks for sharing, but could you explain a bit more.

Unless I did not get it, you would be down around 750 pips if you had taken the buy signal (may 4th 04PM) see pic:

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/363/heyman.jpg

You would have exited the trade two candles later

Hi Conglo,

Thanks for sharing, but could you explain a bit more.

Unless I did not get it, you would be down around 750 pips if you had taken the buy signal (may 4th 04PM) see pic:

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/363/heyman.jpg

I'd say mine are about average.

Stops are the main reason you lose.

I seem to be the only one on this forum with that opinion.

I've published other very simple and profitable methods on this forum, I don't think any of them have stops, nobody is interested.

I'm trading them.

I've been at this for a long time and come up with hundreds of methods. Anyone here remember MetaStock for DOS?

The first thing that will ruin a good method is stops.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, 95% of traders all believe the same things. 95% of traders lose.

Everyone has their opinion, that's mine and I'm sticking to it.

Edited by conglo

... Stops are the main reason you lose....I've said it before, I'll say it again, 95% of traders all believe the same things. 95% of traders lose....Everyone has their opinion, that's mine and I'm sticking to it.

Do you have any data for your opinions? I would imagine that people have many reasons for losing in forex but I do believe that there is no hard data. If it were simply stop losses, then the multitude of other Gurus would have discovered this by now.

Generalisations based on 'urban myth' or ' what everybody knows' are without a scientific basis. Not knocking your thread but you do need to curtail your unfounded statements a little.

I have seen some of your methods and passed over them for various reasons. Mostly they did not suit me but then it is each to his own.

Conglo, you have the same beautiful methodology as Brijon at FF. Trading Forex with stops is a true path to ruin. Forex is a business, every business runs in a drawdown. Managing the drawdown is where the money is made...
MarketCycle-360.com

Thank you for your support.

I think what's even more crucial is when to take the profit and how to stack trades.

I disagree with the axiom "if you cut your losses the profits will take care of themselves"; I think it's just the opposite.

It would be true if markets trended most of the time, but we all know they do not.

I'm sure I'll get flak on that one, too.

Conglo, you have the same beautiful methodology as Brijon at FF. Trading Forex with stops is a true path to ruin. Forex is a business, every business runs in a drawdown. Managing the drawdown is where the money is made...

• 8 months later...

I seem to be the only one on this forum with that opinion.

I've published other very simple and profitable methods on this forum, I don't think any of them have stops, nobody is interested.

I'm trading them.

Hi Conglo,

I`m of same opinion. Where could I find your published methods?

Thanks

indo37

• 10 months later...

conglo is right about the stop losses. Brokers have developed software's which hunts all SL from fibs, round numbers, support & resistance, trend lines and God knows only what else! Even ECN is full of those software's. There are no honest brokers because they make money when you lose. It is a chess game between you and the broker. EAs and scripts for hiding stop losses are psychological help but software catches also those. Change your MAs like 50, 100, 200 to rare. I use fibs numbers instead. Go away from the crowd, and get individual and secretive as possible. What gets public gets trash!

Hermes