(Req) Adjustable Fractals Indi for MT4?

Hi,

the standard Fractals indicator defines a fractal high as having at least two lower highs before and after it. Does anyone have an adjustable fractal for Metatrader 4 where I can adjust it to a different number ? Such as 4 lower highs before and after it. Or 1 lower high before and after it? (Visa Versa for fractal lows)

In other words, I want to have an input where I can put in a number and have the fractal calculated accordingly.

The reason I wish to have this is because I have a coder who I am paying to develop what I call a "Swing Stop" that will track these fractals. So in an uptrend, the Swing Stop will trail fractal lows until one is broken. Then it will trail down fractal highs until one is broken etc on and on... stop and reverse. This is a great way to know instantly the prevailing trend based on price action and screen whatever trading method you're using... can also be used for stops on your position.

I paid $150 for the Swing Stop to be coded using the standard fractal indicator but it would be that much better if I could have him code it with an adjustable Fractal. Of course, if someone helps me with this adjustable fractal, I will gladly share the Swing Stop with my compliments as it would save me the expense of paying to get the adjustable fractal coded.

Please if anyone could help soon with an adjustable Fractal indicator, it would be much appreciated. It must work in Metatrader 4. Thanks

NEED ASAP!

Is that what you are looking for?

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=71945

Yes Freddy, this was what I'm looking for but when I put it on the chart, nothing appeared...even after I changed the backround and changed the indicator inputs? Maybe it needs incoming data to update and now is past weekly market close (Friday Night). I'll take a closer look Sunday.

In the meantime, if anyone has another of same or similar, please post it. Thanks!

Yes Freddy, this was what I'm looking for but when I put it on the chart, nothing appeared...even after I changed the backround and changed the indicator inputs? Maybe it needs incoming data to update and now is past weekly market close (Friday Night). I'll take a closer look Sunday.

In the meantime, if anyone has another of same or similar, please post it. Thanks!

Hello diesel10 and freddy. I am not freddy but would like to leave a note for diesel10. Try to change the line width to 5. In my case the indicator painted one fractal arrow after changing the width. However, I don't know about the definition of all the variables. Have a great weekend.

Hello diesel10 and freddy. I am not freddy but would like to leave a note for diesel10. Try to change the line width to 5. In my case the indicator painted one fractal arrow after changing the width. However, I don't know about the definition of all the variables. Have a great weekend.

How curious. I got one fractal too. ?

Have a nice weekend!

Yes Diesel, strange indeed, maybe you're right, needs live data to update in real time, but what I found when market is closed is : if you right click and refresh you get all the fractals!

Best I can do! ;)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...