looking for cheap & reliable VPS ?

I also use CNS live, running setups on both the NYC and San Diego data centers, and can vouch that they definitely do rock.

VERY fast response from them whenever there has been an issue, of which I have had two or three (like a hung reboot), over my 24 months with them.

I'm using nextpointhost (www.nextpointhost.com). They have very good response, no internet bandwidth limitations and the cost is 25USD. I'm using them for 4 months I had no blackouts so far except for one pre-scheduled reboot.

Their only problem can be considered that they do not give you admin rights so you cannot install anything by your self. You open a ticket and in just 5 minutes everything is set for you.

• 2 weeks later...
How much memeory do I need to run 3 MT4 accounts?

This depend on your programs and how much they use the memory. there is no fixed answer.This depend on the number of experts used and in how many charts they are working but to give you a clue of how much your program is using from the memory press Control+ALT+Delet and see the performance tap. and see how much percentage of the CPU used. this will give you an idea of your system power.

Most companies that offer VPS-service don't understand the importance to schedule system service (like upgrade, reboot, etc) during weekends. And this is crucial for fx-trading, as we want the systems running without interruption Monday-Friday, and only accept such schedules service to take place during weekends. So this is the most important question you should ask the company.

If you only need to run a 2-3 installments for MT4, like one live and one demo-server, then you don't need more than 512 Mb RAM and not more than 10 Gb harddisk space, and 1 CPU on your virtual server. It must have Windows OS with administrational rights, and remote desktop access. The price for this should not be more than 20-30 USD / month. If you want to run many more installments of MT4 (to be able to run many different demo-accounts), then you first of all need more RAM and more CPU. With 2 GB RAM and 2 CPU's you should have enough of recources. The price then will be aroound 100 USD / month.

Finally, try to find a company who has the server Geographically as close to your broker as possible. The reason for this is that you don't want any unnessary time-delay on the internet connection between your VPS and your broker server.

Edited by Capella