S.T.A.R (SuperTradeSystem) Trading System Trade setups

fxnizar

Hi guys, here are some old "supposed" trade for EUR/USD (D1 TF). Just need to know if is a valid signal.

http://www.picturetogo.com/images/2011/05/06/24208-example.gif

http://www.picturetogo.com/images/2011/05/06/24211-example2.gif

http://www.picturetogo.com/images/2011/05/06/24212-example3.gif

Any help will be appreciate it.

Thanks

Edited by C0UNDE

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I may add note;

please have a look at the CUT, we do have a criteria called MAC-Move After Cut. At the early stage of my learning I put less importance on it (I believe some of you did). But this move after cut dictate a valid set up for STAR.

The criteria in the book said that after the cut, the band of MAs required to become steepening and more parallel. If not steepening (like your pic above) then more likely the move is going to what we called rolling-over. This price move will cause the band of MAs rolling over and cause a flip (it did in your pic).

We deal with such situation using only CSA and 52s setup and not for trend reversal (only quick profit taking)

Hi All,

Still so many learners thought the system is difficult. I am not saying this after understand it but this thought of easiness already in my mind since the second time i read it.

First time I read it, my only concern was to understand "a whole new concept". I read page after page just to understand the new language but it is understandable.

Concisely, the main aim of traits hunting is to find an exhausted move which is sign by a set of traits. STAR pullback evaluation can only be applied if the complete set of traits have taken place. Pullback evaluation will result in Reversal or Continuation Signal.

If the trend does reverse you simply take the trade, but if evaluation produce CS doesn't mean no trade at all. We can simply steal pips with Secondary Setup and CSA setup. That is star all about.

The only thing to search are the set of traits; prime stage - flip - secondary stage - cut - move after cut - pullback. It will looks like in the big move (fig.1) in the picture of the book. Look and memorize the picture and finding the set up will become easier. As Tom says in the book, initially maybe difficult to find the setup/flip but when your eyes get used then finding setup is just a glance between timeframe. Even easier to get used to flip finder tool.

When I understood the language and the meaning of those traits then I applied it in MT4. I printed the book to consult back when I set the template. I analyze every traits and consult the book. What exactly book says about MP, next prime stage, later flip and so on.

I did so and come up with several question in every traits. For ex; Once I evaluate a pullback and find a cross at the fifth bar. Suddenly I think what does the book mean by "cross within five bars of the pullback". Therefore, do the pullback to be count as bar 1st or do we count the first bar at the bar next to pullback? I search the whole book but couldn't be sure for my own conclusion.

I did find some mistake in the book like the picture of the CUT. At least there were 2 pic of CUT (cut where second stage haven't been confirm)

I can tell that I understood primary setup in just 3 days. First I read the whole book then I applied primary setup for a week yet stuck with further deeper question.

See that, If only, any of you came to us with such question then we should tell that you did tried to read the book (Or maybe those who manage to understand the system has no longer came to this forum for a question).

Those of you that at least got the points of the book could tell that only pic post #15 of Wades-world (Star-setup thread) that depicting STAR traits while other pic posts not even close.

There are interesting points I could tell about that #15 picture; The picture provide a (valid) flip, but the flip move itself contain a flip inside. Seeing that pic, STAR newbie would think that the move has 2 flip which is not a valid setup for STAR.

But I should tell you that it does a valid flip. This kind flip we call "Shadow". Either Wades know this exactly (as a legal copy owner) or has no idea at all that he posted such pic, but such picture may mislead those who are at the early stage of learning STAR.

See the point, I have came through this path. We are here to help you if you are willing to help your self which we can tell from your question. Indeed I see some who are worth of help.

Such person who have came through the right path would contribute meaningfully to the Premium Forum.

I came to this forum because I got a help from this forum that finally ended me up in the Premium (Thank you G***)

I have a strong believe that I would see some of you in the forum soon.

Keep learning Guys, Its worth,,,

Edited by muhhatta

If I may add note;

please have a look at the CUT, we do have a criteria called MAC-Move After Cut. At the early stage of my learning I put less importance on it (I believe some of you did). But this move after cut dictate a valid set up for STAR.

The criteria in the book said that after the cut, the band of MAs required to become steepening and more parallel. If not steepening (like your pic above) then more likely the move is going to what we called rolling-over. This price move will cause the band of MAs rolling over and cause a flip (it did in your pic).

We deal with such situation using only CSA and 52s setup and not for trend reversal (only quick profit taking)

Hi All,

Still so many learners thought the system is difficult. I am saying this not after understand it but this thought of easiness already in my mind since the second time i read it.

First time I read it, my only concern was to understand "a whole new concept". I read page after page just to understand the new language but it is understandable.

Concisely, the main aim of traits hunting is to find an exhausted move which is sign by a set of traits. STAR pullback evaluation can only be applied if the complete set of traits have taken place. Pullback evaluation will result in Reversal or Continuation Signal.

If the trend does reverse you simply take the trade, but if evaluation produce CS doesn't mean no trade at all. We can simply steal pips with Secondary Setup and CSA setup. That is star all about.

The only thing to search are the set of traits; prime stage - flip - secondary stage - cut - move after cut - pullback. It will looks like in the big move (fig.1) in the picture of the book. Look and memorize the picture and finding the set up will become easier. As Tom says in the book, initially maybe difficult to find the setup/flip but when your eyes get used then finding setup is just a glance between timeframe. Even easier to get used to flip finder tool.

When I understood the language and the meaning of those traits then I applied it in MT4. I printed the book to consult back when I set the template. I analyze every traits and consult the book. What exactly book says about MP, next prime stage, later flip and so on.

I did so and come up with several question in every traits. For ex; Once I evaluate a pullback and find a cross at the fifth bar. Suddenly I think what does the book mean by "cross within five bars of the pullback". Therefore, do the pullback to be count as bar 1st or do we count the first bar at the bar next to pullback? I search the whole book but couldn't be sure for my own conclusion.

I did find some mistake in the book like the picture of the CUT. At least there were 2 pic of CUT (cut where second stage haven't been confirm)

I can tell that I understood primary setup in just 3 days. First I read the whole book then I applied primary setup for a week yet stuck with further deeper question.

See that, If only, any of you came to us with such question then we should tell that you did tried to read the book (Or maybe those who manage to understand the system has no longer came to this forum for a question).

Those of you that at least got the points of the book could tell that only pic post #15 of Wades-world (Star-setup thread) that depicting STAR traits while other pic posts not even close.

There are interesting points I could tell about that #15 picture; The picture provide a (valid) flip, but the flip move itself contain a flip inside. Seeing that pic, STAR newbie would think that the move has 2 flip which is not a valid setup for STAR.

But I should tell you that it does a valid flip. This kind flip we call "Shadow". Either Wades know this exactly (as a legal copy owner) or has no idea at all that he posted such pic, but such picture may mislead those who are at the early stage of learning STAR.

See the point, I have came through this path. We are here to help you if you are willing to help your self which we can tell from your question. Indeed I see some who are worth of help.

Such person who have came through the right path would contribute meaningfully to the Premium Forum.

I came to this forum because I got a help from this forum that finally ended me up in the Premium (Thank you G***)

I have a strong believe that I would see some of you in the forum soon.

Keep learning Guys, Its worth,,,

here is my trade GBPAUD H1

I TAKE TRADE REAL ACCOUNT ITS STILL POSITIVE

any thing wrong tell me

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa393/fxnizar1/gbpaudh1.gif

i take trade in h1 but the setup is h4.i may be wrong.if u want to learn swinging first make courage enough to touch the water in tip of your leg thump finger !!!!

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa393/fxnizar1/gbpaudh4.gif

Dear FxNizar,

Didn't mean to harass but some were ain't right

1. The traits must be in order: MP - End of Stage 1/prime stage - Flip - confirm of stage 2 begin - cut - move after cut - trend extreme - pullback - retrace. The next traits based on the existence of the previous trait.

2. As I said in order, you can't put CUT after trend extreme

3. End of stage 1 / Prime stage should be before the flip

4. Second stage begin after the flip / before the cut

Keep trying

ya its turn negative now few dollar.

i just find one thing, its h1 trade we must stick with hours not in days.

its closely 270 pip up then down tell me its good or not

Dear FxNizar,

Your pic has shown STAR traits. you just didn't label it right. That picture didn't suit for STAR Primary Setup since It didn't have a move after CUT. So we treat such move as CSA and 52s template.

The move that you caught is not a trend reversal, its just a temporary corrective before Continuation Signal. If you apply STAR strategy you should find result with Continuation Signal and miss that 270 pips (unless you apply Secondary, CSA or 52s and exit with a different strategy)

Hi guys, here are some old "supposed" trade for EUR/USD (D1 TF). Just need to know if is a valid signal.

http://www.picturetogo.com/images/2011/05/06/24208-example.gif

http://www.picturetogo.com/images/2011/05/06/24211-example2.gif

http://www.picturetogo.com/images/2011/05/06/24212-example3.gif

Any help will be appreciate it.

Thanks

Dear Counde,

Please refer to fig 1 of the book, the pic should similar to that pic.

Your first picture have trend extreme and pullback in the wrong direction (the last bull zigzag might be a good setup on H4)

If the MP is up then the trend is heading down (bearish) then the flip should against the trend/prime stage (bullish), later the move of stage 2 should go with the trend (bearish) then made a CUT (bullish). Until this point your pic correct..

But,,,,,

After the CUT, the move should continue as the trend (bearish) and move beyond the beginning of cut. this strong move should cause a trend extreme. Your picture not even beyond the beginning of cut, not even any extreme.

The label cut - trend ext in your pic could be a flip in lesser degree while your pull ext maybe a trend extreme.

Imagine that the whole move is like a zigzag, the initial end would be MP and the other end Trend Ext, the midlle line should be the flip. The second line to the trend ext being intercept by Cut.

Remember that Cut and Pullback didn't make a flip

You began to get the point

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/6875/stargbpusdd1may7.jpg

Is this considered a cut? And at what part are we supposed to look at the force index to see if it is above or below 0. The PP, Flip, Cut or overall trend?

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/2799/stargbpusdd1may7enalarg.jpg

Edited by wades-world

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/6875/stargbpusdd1may7.jpg

Is this considered a cut? And at what part are we supposed to look at the force index to see if it is above or below 0. The PP, Flip, Cut or overall trend?

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/2799/stargbpusdd1may7enalarg.jpg

No WW, the cut start cannot begin until 2nd stage is proven valid already. This would mean the flip starting point has to be gotten past and also period orientation of 68 ma group is there. Only then can a cut be counted. Until those 2 points of criteria are proven anything that would look to be a cut is ignored.

The force is for pullback evaluation only to see if the timeframe needs to be set slower to get a good evaluation.

Edited by retry99

retry99 please.

Why this one is not a cut ?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/135/capture01e.jpg/

This is the same reason and situation as the post I just put up for wades-world on this link

http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/12897-S.T.A.R-(SuperTradeSystem)-Trading-System-Trade-setups?p=150016&viewfull=1#post150016

This is one of the clarifications that were put on the forum. There is a whole section there that fixes mistakes in the ebook and gives some mechanical criteria in place of some criteria that were only descriptions.

That is just the tip of the iceberg because there is much more than this which I assume is not available in the downloads here.

IMO this is very important information.

Edited by retry99

Here are another one in the GPB/USD D1, but I have doubts about the flip and the double cut, also the move after the cut it's not very clear to me. I couldn't find anything about double cut's in the manual, so may be could be a valid signal, if it is so, then we can enter the trade. Hope some expert can tell his/her advice.

http://s2.postimage.org/nx1nf4lya/example1.gif

http://s2.postimage.org/nx1p2nyg2/example2.gif

http://s2.postimage.org/nx1qq7axu/example3.gif

Thanks!

Edited by C0UNDE

Dear Counde

this GBPUSD D1 Chart not for this week it will take time fulfill,

any way keep eye on it.

Nizar

Hi Nizar,

That means is a valid signal?. Also it will be very helpfull adding alerts when price touches the purple line. I don't know if is has already done in the SuperStar forum, maybe someone can modify the indi for us.

Hi Nizar,

That means is a valid signal?. Also it will be very helpfull adding alerts when price touches the purple line. I don't know if is has already done in the SuperStar forum, maybe someone can modify the indi for us.

it is not be done yet in the SuperStar Forum

we did try to find a Good Hull Moving Average where a Email or Sound allert is included

also one of the problems is we use a Offset of 3 for our Hull settings

and i noticed when u use a crossing line alerter then it did already allert before it is crossed but i think that is because of the offset of 3 if u put the ofset at 0 then the moving line is also moving to the left and then the crossing would be correct

but not for our charts so we need the ofset to be at 3 so far we dont have a good working Alerter

Edited by freakgib

it is not be done yet in the SuperStar Forum

we did try to find a Good Hull Moving Average where a Email or Sound allert is included

also one of the problems is we use a Offset of 3 for our Hull settings

and i noticed when u use a crossing line alerter then it did already allert before it is crossed but i think that is because of the offset of 3 if u put the ofset at 0 then the moving line is also moving to the left and then the crossing would be correct

but not for our charts so we need the ofset to be at 3 so far we dont have a good working Alerter

freakgb the hull is set as method 3 which is not the same as an offset of 3. Method is just setting the indicator to calculate as a hull formula.

Hi Nizar,

The GU D1 is a valid setup and it is waiting for cut but the cut cannot start until price is above 170.42 and that will make the 2nd stage confirmed as well as the period orientation has already happened.

This is at a low angle so far and may take quite a while at Daily. Better to go faster speeds on this one imo.

Here is my watchlist so far, I've attached the screenshots according to the signals. Please advice.

Leyend:

1. Dark Green = Main Pivot
  2. Purple = End primary stage and flip
  3. Red = Cut
  4. Blue = Trend Extreme

GBP/USD D1: Waiting for end primary stage. It might take a few week(s).

[spoiler=Screenshot]http://i.imgur.com/SXaYn.gif

USD/CHF M15: Still waiting for cut.

[spoiler=Screenshot]http://i.imgur.com/1jjsT.gif

USD/CAD D1: Waiting for signal to be trigger (?).

[spoiler=Screenshot]http://i.imgur.com/txJKr.gif

Note: All of this "signals" have to be reconsidered to fit the strategy in order to get valid entries.

Edited by C0UNDE

I have studied this system, and I have tried to always find an edge for all the strategies I study.

After the study of this system, I just can't figure out what is the edge offered by this system? This system is basically just another variation of Moving Average (MA) cross-over system with some twists: the twist which is just complex enough to confuse hell out of people and make this system very subjective. Even you have mastered this system, I don't see how you can make money out of this system, however, you may not be losing money with this system.

I don't trade MAX-10 system, but I have also studied the MAX-10 system: it is also a basically MA cross-over system with lots of other indicators to help the entry/re-entry and exits. It is also rather complex but I do believe the MAX-10 system does have an edge; if you have mastered it and decisively followed all of the rules, then you will make money. Because it has more mechanical rules to follow than this one.

This is just my opinion. If you do not agree with me, please do not attack.

This is just an observation from my part after I studied both systems in depth. Hopefully, some master traders here would also study both systems and compare them and offer your comments here. I will be all ears.

Thanks and Regards, PEACE !!!

Edited by kerberos007

Guest David1713006337
I have studied this system, and I have tried to always find an edge for all the strategies I study.

After the study of this system, I just can't figure out what is the edge offered by this system? This system is basically just another variation of Moving Average (MA) cross-over system with some twists: the twist which is just complex enough to confuse hell out of people and make this system very subjective. Even you have mastered this system, I don't see how you can make money out of this system, however, you may not be losing money with this system.

I don't trade MAX-10 system, but I have also studied the MAX-10 system: it is also a basically MA cross-over system with lots of other indicators to help the entry/re-entry and exits. It is also rather complex but I do believe the MAX-10 system does have an edge; if you have mastered it and decisively followed all of the rules, then you will make money. Because it has more mechanical rules to follow than this one.

This is just my opinion. If you do not agree with me, please do not attack.

This is just an observation from my part after I studied both systems in depth. Hopefully, some master traders here would also study both systems and compare them and offer your comments here. I will be all ears.

Thanks and Regards, PEACE !!!

You didn't stipulate if you fully understood the system or not since you used the word "confused".