Post WallStreet Robot

Ok, good to know, so I assume the the cracked version at
http://www.multiupload.com/CEYI6LRWE0

is not calling for the new settings from the server? Anyway settings are adjusted propably with ATR or something simple like that, and could be easily added to the main code so no need to call any external code... problem is ofcourse know what the adjustment is based on...!

You assume correctly.. The version posted in that link you listed is a completely ORIGINAL ex4 of wallstreet 3.9. What has been educated it the dll (by testttt ^:)^ ) and what he did was have the dll call that dat file for the settings instead of the server. the settings are then hard coded into the dat file. The problem with this is that as the developers change the settings then the dat file will need to be re-coded with the new settings in order to match the performance of the original EA.

Now you also mentioned the unplugged version. That version has NO dll nor any calls to a server. All of the settings are easily changeable by anyone in the mql file. The problem, as you have pointed out, is that you will need to know what the settings have been changed to or even why they changed the settings. This is the part that takes working on the users part. BT is not going to give you the reason to change the settings for the current conditions. As one would think that the author knows how this EA works then we would also conclude that he know's what to change for different market conditions. This is how he can sell the EA for money. The good thing is that, unlike the likes of Kangaroo, you can run the paid version on multiple live accounts and you are not stuck paying a monthly fee for the updates.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway I checked with network analyzer the edu 3.6 and 3.9 versions and both make a call to the WS server, 'though I didn't understand if wether or not updated settings are trasferred.

THX!

Interesting, how can we find out whether or not WS gets updated by vendors server? And more important is to know, does the updating server recognize whether there are edu versions connected to them or not. If yes, that would be a nice ticking time bomb once the vendor get tired of that ... >:)

Considering the good overall performance I guess even the edu versions getting updates..

I just checked the posted 3.9 here and the original 3.9 and they are identical files. Now I also check the .dll and .dat file posted here with the first .dll and .dat that testttt posted and they are different. So it looks like both the dll and dat have been updated. Maybe with the new settings? Maybe this second set of dll/dat didn't come from testttt. One thing is for certain that the ex4 code posted here in original unedited code.

I just checked the posted 3.9 here and the original 3.9 and they are identical files. Now I also check the .dll and .dat file posted here with the first .dll and .dat that testttt posted and they are different. So it looks like both the dll and dat have been updated. Maybe with the new settings? Maybe this second set of dll/dat didn't come from testttt. One thing is for certain that the ex4 code posted here in original unedited code.

Yes, dll/dat are different in size, I don't think both are from testttt... only 3.6 version.

Anyway I 'm thinking to buy a licensed copy, so all doubts will go away, price is not so excessive and I got lifetime updates...

Edited by acosma

Yes, dll/dat are different in size, I don't think both are from testttt... only 3.6 version.

Anyway I 'm thinking to buy a licensed copy, so all doubts will go away, price is not so excessive and I got lifetime updates...

yes, i think good idea to buy licensed copy. However I don't think the adjustments are very complex (I might be wrong ofcorse) usually these type of adjustments adjust TP and SL according to volatility etc. And there is no other info except history price data that EA can do the adjustments by, unless it uses second variable (another correlating market/data like S&p500, fixed income etc. which I doubt, as commercial MT4 EAs most likely not sophisticated enough to do this). .. anyway I am more happy trading my own custom EAs thancommercial ones. commercial EAs usually take too bid risks for small profits to show high win ratio. I suppose about the the only ratio most EA buyes look :D... But hey who knows i might be wrong and WS actually belongs to that 0.01% minority of commercial EAs that are not total BS!

btw. Why is it that all the EA sales sites look like each other's clones??? :D

Edited by LuckyLuke2011

yes, i think good idea to buy licensed copy. However I don't think the adjustments are very complex (I might be wrong ofcorse) usually these type of adjustments adjust TP and SL according to volatility etc. And there is no other info except history price data that EA can do the adjustments by, unless it uses second variable (another correlating market/data like S&p500, fixed income etc. which I doubt, as commercial MT4 EAs most likely not sophisticated enough to do this). .. anyway I am more happy trading my own custom EAs thancommercial ones. commercial EAs usually take too bid risks for small profits to show high win ratio. I suppose about the the only ratio most EA buyes look :D... But hey who knows i might be wrong and WS actually belongs to that 0.01% minority of commercial EAs that are not total BS!

btw. Why is it that all the EA sales sites look like each other's clones??? :D

what a heck of a great question:x

I had a great 2 months run with WS, now the month of July seem a bit scary, I compleatly removed the CHF pair (-16 pips), the JPY hasn't trade much lately(-11.4 pips), the GBP is making this crazy entries with huge DD's (+4.7 pips) and my favorite the EUR pair is always closing with 1 pip profit (+24 pips).

I really hope that this is something temporary due to the market going crazy lately. We're due for a new version!

I see losses now a days ...

Open Date Symbol Action Lots SL TP OpenPrice ClosePrice Pips Profit(USD)

07.18.2011 20:45 GBPUSD Sell 0.16 1.61553 1.59853 1.60353 1.60574 -22.1 -35.94

07.18.2011 04:15 USDCHF Sell 0.08 0.82421 0.81051 0.81221 0.81186 3.5 3.45

07.18.2011 06:45 EURUSD Sell 0.16 1.40778 1.40528 1.40788 1.40778 0 1.6

07.15.2011 07:15 USDCHF Sell 0.08 0.82768 0.81398 0.81568 0.8168 -11.2 -10.97

07.15.2011 07:45 GBPUSD Buy 0.16 1.60324 1.62024 1.61524 1.61242 -28.2 -45.12

07.14.2011 17:45 EURUSD Buy 0.16 1.41792 1.42042 1.41782 1.41792 1 1.6

07.14.2011 16:30 USDCHF Sell 0.08 0.82951 0.81581 0.81751 0.8164 11.1 10.88

07.14.2011 08:45 USDCHF Sell 0.08 0.82445 0.81075 0.81245 0.81521 -27.6 -27.09

Interesting... My Wallstreet EA and Forex Combo System scalp trades have taken the exact same trades 4 trades in a row, identical open and close times... I think somebody "borrowed" code from someone else here for sure.

Both EAs come from the same creator/vendor. He just took out the scalper strategy, called strategy one, from FCS and modified it for the other pairs traded on WS.

I'm really not into commercial EA and I have tested hundreds of them and know people who have tested even more for many years and results are pretty much the same: most of them are garpage!!!

However I made en exception on WS Robot and recently bough licensed version and now running it on OANDA demo on my VPS. I also decompiled the ex4 and changed so that magic number is automatically generated different for each pair and frame... of course all the trading logic is in the DLL and didn't wan't to mess with that, anyway seems like this robot relies a lot for the new DLL setting updates it gets from the home site.

Would be nice if people share here trading results (live and demo trading) through places like myfxbook etc.

Here is my link :

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/jverho/oanda-ws-robot/138965

!!! Ignore the trades before July 21, these are from another EA !!! MyFxbook just seems to upload mt history data, this is also one reason why MYFXBook track can be manipulated easily, so unless you follow track live no way of knowing iftrades are uploaded from history of actually recorded live!!!!

Edited by LuckyLuke2011

I'm really not into commercial EA and I have tested hundreds of them and know people who have tested even more for many years and results are pretty much the same: most of them are garpage!!!

However I made en exception on WS Robot and recently bough licensed version and now running it on OANDA demo on my VPS. I also decompiled the ex4 and changed so that magic nuber is automatically generated different for each pair and frame... otcourse all the trading logic is in the DLL and didn't wan't to mess with that, anyway seems like this robot relies a lot for the new DLL setting updates it gets from the home site.

Would be nice if people share here trading results (live and demo trading) through places like myfxbook etc. I will also publish my results there and put a link here

wsr live (paid version) along with mdp

https://www.myfxbook.com/portfolio/crusher-v1/129112

Edited by rob59

wsr live (paid version) along with mdp

https://www.myfxbook.com/portfolio/crusher-v1/129112

https: is your private link and needs to be signed in before can see, you should share the public link:

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/rob559/crusher-v1/129112 

Your trades look good, is it live account?

Problem with WS Robot is same as most commercial EAs - it is willing to risk a lot to win little and eventually will face market conditions that will be devastating... until that, happy trading... :)

If my trades start to look good I will open up the DLL and see what kinda logic it is using, just out of curiosity...:) Back testing this even in tick data is pretty useless as setting are supposedly changed and DLed from home site on regular basis!

if you have lucky running it on unlucky broker, it will make s*** result. you can compare. that's my experience.

Why use brokers?? If you get re-quotes or some other funky stuff switch to an ECN! My recommendations are: MBT, ATC, Dukascopy through FairTrading, FinFX(smaller company caution!)... Good brokers OANDA and FXCM (expensive), Alpari UK (get Pro account and ask for reduced min lotside, Pro side is ECN feed but has min 3 lot that can be reduced to 0.1 lots if you just ask, min 20k)

anyone have a wallstreet 3.9 that trades on live accounts? i've tried two so far from here and neither trades on the live account. the 3.6 from here trades fine. the 3.9's trade on demo accounts, but on the live account 3.6 takes a trade and 3.9 does nothing, nothing in journals or experts tab, just does nothing.

anyone have a wallstreet 3.9 that trades on live accounts? i've tried two so far from here and neither trades on the live account. the 3.6 from here trades fine. the 3.9's trade on demo accounts, but on the live account 3.6 takes a trade and 3.9 does nothing, nothing in journals or experts tab, just does nothing.

I do.. but posting it on this forum would be a major violation of the site rules. Sorry, I don't make the rules. I only get banned for breaking them. Try another forum.

..also if you use unlicensed copy, EA will not be able to 'call home' and adjust values so you won't get same trades as licensed copy! I backtested unlicensed version and trades where quite different compared to the licensed one for the same period, and I don't this difference wan caused by data being different...