Ensign Windows software

georgetok

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for sharing. I used this bit of software long time ago. Does it have a datafeed of its own now or you still need to get an external one?

First, When you use this version block the net trafic , because the ensign detects itself that is not registered.I think that almost all cracked version has this problem ,even the cracked version from february 2011.

Yes , ensign has own data feed that is free for forex , but you have to write the registration number in ensign that is given to you after buying ensign .When ensign connects with their sever to download data it is blocked.So, when ensign is cracked , you can not use this free service, you see .

You can import ascii file into ensign - this is one way .The second way is to use MT4 data and conevrt the data in an appropriate format for ensign.I have a programme that does this conversion .The converter connects with mt4 history , do converion and updaiting ,it means that you can keep things that you do on your chart after updating the chart .Everything it is very easy and fast .

If you want I can share this converter here, just tell me .

I like drawing, angles , this version has a degree line, which makes things very easy .Ensign is very programmable and comfortable for drawing .If you like to use drawing in you trading strategy like me , i encourage you to you use ensign

Thanks for sharing ivich. You mentioned to block net access on ensign...how is that done?

T99

yes , I mean sometimes while working with ensign it pops up a box telling that your version expired .NOT ALWAYS .There are days when you work well and this box do not appear .So, if this box appears and you exit from ensign and start it again and this box again pops up , just block net trafic with your antivirus , internet security programme .Take care of this way of working with ensign , in case this message appear constantly , ok .

HI ivich. Yes would you load the converter along with complete instructions to get it running? Would live charts be working or would it

it just be EOD data nad would have to update every day?

I will upload it , but just wait little , beacuse i should write a full explanation about how to connect converter with mt4 database server and ensign

you can import with this converter all time frames available in mt4 every minute , if you want .For example, you import one minute chart, work a couple of minutes and wants to update it with a fresh data , just press some buttons in converter and your old one minute chart is updated in a matter of seconds

I would think that if you have a cracked version you can use esignal, IB or whatever, but you will not be able to get any data or updates through ensign software. So currently, if you use a paid version, you get everything including the free forex data feed from dbFX and FXCM. If you use the cracked version, I suspect that you will not be able to get any data from FXCM or dbFX.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been playing around with the June 2010 Cracked Version. Ensign has a couple of very unique price action indicators that would enhance trading considerably (Pesavento Patterns, PyraPoint, Alan Square, etc) . Since I trade Futures instead of Forex, I decided to try using it with Ninjatrader/Zenfire as its data feed. It took a while to locate, but Ensign provides an Ensign-Ninjatrader Server (NT6.5) that can be added as an indicator to a 1min NT chart. Ensign receives and plots the data flawlwessly.

The problem that remains is that Ensign plays for a while after starting with the internet disconnected/connected, but the tries to authenticate again during the session, which requires disconnect-restart Ensign-connect every time.

I used WPE Pro to find IP addresses that I could block in Windows XP firewall, but have not been able to overcome the problem. If anybody can add to the struggle, I believe it might be worth the trouble.

Btw, I also tried their 1 week trial download in which they provide the NT7 version of the server. Unfortunately, the NT7 version is not compatible with the June 2010 Cracked Version.

First, When you use this version block the net trafic , because the ensign detects itself that is not registered.I think that almost all cracked version has this problem ,even the cracked version from february 2011.

Yes , ensign has own data feed that is free for forex , but you have to write the registration number in ensign that is given to you after buying ensign .When ensign connects with their sever to download data it is blocked.So, when ensign is cracked , you can not use this free service, you see .

You can import ascii file into ensign - this is one way .The second way is to use MT4 data and conevrt the data in an appropriate format for ensign.I have a programme that does this conversion .The converter connects with mt4 history , do converion and updaiting ,it means that you can keep things that you do on your chart after updating the chart .Everything it is very easy and fast .

If you want I can share this converter here, just tell me .

Hi ivich,

would you mind share the converter? thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I can share it , but there are some uncomfortableness at least when I use it -

1- when you draw something it dissappears , in this case you exit the chart and opened it again from the LINE FOLDER in ensign , and then you can draw and keep whatever do.

2 this does not work only for daily chart - so , you should import daily chart from mt4 as ascii format

3. when you want to update charts every time, before opening mt4 you should delete all files in C:\Program Files\sts\history\STS-Demo.

this is the situation , if you want it still

will share it

Edited by ivich

instructions for using converter

file/in dir , locate C:\Program Files\sts\history\STS-Demo, files in hts format ,

they should pop up on the right part of converter

file/ out dir locate c: ensign .it makes foled like minute ,week , day , month there

file save settings

Every chart opeoend as a window in mt4 makes hts file in C:\Program Files\sts\history\STS-Demo

mark charts you want to convert in the right part of converter

then convert/list/tree ,press ok on the pop window

that is all

Edited by ivich