Forex growth bot

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi traders, I have the forex growth bot EA and indicator. After examining the two systems (Indi and the EA ), the indi opens great positions whereas the EA is lagging somewhat. My question is can the indi be made into an EA with a trailing feature and break even system. I have tested the indi on EU, GU, EJ and presents promising results.

Is there a programmer that can make the indi into an EA with the added features stated above.

https://rapidshare.com/files/460747912/ForexGrowthBot.ex4

Guest Jayman007

The EA is in blacklist so we cannot share it here. We can however discuss it.

The indicator uses diff values than the EA uses. I have brought this up to the developer but but never got an answer. If you like the signals the indicator provides then look at the values and set your FGB ea to use the same values 3, 50, 1.5. The EA uses by default 5, 60, 2.

As to what these settings do the developer won't say as that's part f the secret of the system. They are there to change though for your pleasure.

I have changed the settings to match the EA. I have fast internet speed in Sydney. The Indi signals are great. If a programmer can add a trailing stop and BE entry then you could have an awesome EA. I mostly a manual trader but i have examined this EA and indi closely with my patterns. Can the indi be made without the DLL??

Guest Jayman007

AFAIK both the indi and the EA require the dll to generate the signals. In order to understand how the signal is generated you would have to see what's going on in the dll.

Other than that you are not going to get very far with creating your own ea based off of this.

Im sure the DLL can be cracked if thats an issue. Run a test on your live account place the indi on EU, UCHF and see the signals. Now incorporate the trailing and BE feature then you have much better system than the EA growth bot available. I dont understand why people try to gain 80 pips a trade. If you trade properly getting 10-25 pips a trade with MM and compounding you will be far more suucessful than going for huge pips. Jayman can this indi be made into an EA with added features. Im not a programmer! Thanks for your help

Guest Jayman007

Like I said.. not without the dll. Unless you can pull the function out of the dll and add it directly into the indicator. Then you most definitely could.

FWIW, fgb made me some serious pips today or the 2 live accounts I run it on. Like 200+ pips on each account.

Guest Jayman007
It did the same for me, there was major announcement thats why. The indi signals are far more accurate than the EA. I will head to the russian forums to get some help then thanks

I have posted over there and never had any luck. If you have luck in your quest please keep me posted.

Thanks.

I have already built an EA for the indicator, and have found that the indicator repaints everytime it is called by the EA. In other words, the arrows will change bars and the EA doesn't quite catch them very well. Even so, it had great results on BT, but with forward, it didn't trade very often. FxKnight mentioned that the ElabkunskyVolaPresser indy was actually the same thing with the right settings, and I built an EA for that as well, but am still optimizing. It does make profit, but the main concern is that 90% of the profits were from lucky trades. Incidentally, I noticed that the latter indy also repainted the same way. It prints on open bars, but a closed bar will change the results.

Thanks Stovedude for the explanation. Is the EA that you have built available on the forums, or is that not open to the public. Im not a programmer buddy. I trade manually using fibs quite well and when i started testing the FGB indi the signals were excellent. Thats why i have posted my query. Thanks for your efforts by the way

stovedude... thank you for sharing your experience,, so this EA is just another one that has been either copied or based on free indicators!

Anyways,, can you please share the indicator here so we can have a look at this?

If the EA strategy does not avoid the repainting signals then it's surely one of those badly coded EAs... but the remaining question is

how come it has been very profitable on both forward test and back test if the indicator does repaint badly?

Guest Jayman007
I seem to have good luck with this ea live. The indicator does not always match the trades. I'm not sure what's going on with this ea cause of the poor coding but I do find there is potential here. I'd love to get involved in trying to improve this ea. Will be keeping my eye on this space.

hey Jayman, The EA is one of the better ones out there which is based on volatility which is a great way to trade forex. I beleive the EA lacks important MM stategies. I have counted countless time the FGB EA was up 25 pips and didnt close the trade then retraced. If we can add a trailing stop or BE, then the EA can be optimised to improve results. I would rather make consistent 20 pips with this EA than trying to get 80-100 pips on a trade whilst having 6 negative trades. What do you reckon traders. If i could program i would incorporate these techniques. Thanks

Guest Jayman007

There is a trailing stop feature built in to the advanced version but BT shows the results when using it are worse

Use Wave Trailing (Default is false) (Power Version) – Wave trailing is an advanced system that

trails the profit take and stop loss. Helps improve profits. Wave Trailing (Default is "40-80;40-

80;40-80;40") this string defines the Wave Trailing rule. This is semicolon separated string with

Wave ranges. Default Wave Trailing rule defines three 40-80% wave and last 40% trailing.