List of Profitable Mechanical Strategies

Guest desitrader

Guest desitrader

Who was Edison? :-)

Hey chillax mate. I am a bit confused, are you and grooter the same?

And yes, thanks for all your help. It is valuable, and I will try it and maybe even start another thread for sharing ideas to test on Forex Strategy Builder.

This thread however is for collating a short list of strategies, that people (newb) like myself can demo, play, and understand the dynamics and get used to with some common techniques.

I know about Kelly ratio, and for that I will need some forward tested data, to be able to use it. My only problem is stops, and sometimes there are lots of whiplashes *just* enveloping the SMA before a direction is taken. If something like this is mechanically followed, there can be some pain....

I am simply trying to deccrypt/reverse engineer your strategy for better understanding...

"Acronym dropping"? If you don't know what OEX is you just haven't been around much. Don't take it as an insult, it's just a fact.

And learn to spell "dinosaur" correctly.

Please reread my "jack all" post #7.

This is so simple the least you can do is put a little effort into it.

Most of you 95%ers just want handouts.

It doesn't matter how many examples I might post here. You would still want to test them for yourself, would you not?

"Walk you through..??!!" It's a simple SMA reversal for God's sake! Do you need me to walk you through that? You can't figure that out yet??

Save your energy and quit now.

YOU HAVE TO PROVE IT FOR YOURSELF. I CAN'T DO IT FOR YOU.

Get Forex Strategy Builder. It's free. Play with it, maybe you'll surprise yourself. I doubt it.

If you find something interesting, apply Forex Strategy Trader (free) and it will trade your system through MT.

If a system is too difficult to code an EA using the (free) online Expert Advisor Builder, then it's probably too complicated in the first place.

Lots of simple strategies work but you most likely need to stick with the dailies. In which case, you don't need an EA anyway.

They are more trouble than they are worth.

If you don't get that, you belong to the 95% group, too.

Once you know what to expect of a stop and reverse system through back and forward testing your money management takes the form of correct account and lot sizing. Learn how to apply the Kelly Ratio (I can hear you all whining already, "Huh? What's that? You mean I gotta learn something else?").

I've just shared three free and valuable tools for you to develop your own simple but profitable strategies.

If you don't have the initiative to experiment for yourself then don't expect any success.

Who gave handouts to Edison? NOBODY. HE WORKED HIS a** OFF FOR IT.

Back in the day, if there were forums such as this Edison would have probably been banned.

Ahh, phooey. Most of you probably don't even know who Edison is anyway.

T-Rex

Guest desitrader

Oh and I spelled it correctly, or as correct as Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinosaur). Only you would know how dinosaurs spelled themselves in the past :)

Who was Edison? :-)

Hey chillax mate. I am a bit confused, are you and grooter the same?

And yes, thanks for all your help. It is valuable, and I will try it and maybe even start another thread for sharing ideas to test on Forex Strategy Builder.

This thread however is for collating a short list of strategies, that people (newb) like myself can demo, play, and understand the dynamics and get used to with some common techniques.

I know about Kelly ratio, and for that I will need some forward tested data, to be able to use it. My only problem is stops, and sometimes there are lots of whiplashes *just* enveloping the SMA before a direction is taken. If something like this is mechanically followed, there can be some pain....

I am simply trying to deccrypt/reverse engineer your strategy for better understanding...

Hi!

I'm not spaming, but why shall I give away everything I bought away for free?

Conglo, you are laughable describing a ema-system and not tellling which ema you use.

The most profitable ema on 15 min and above is ema 21, banks know that for many years, why don't you tell us then?

I'm trading fx and indices for over 10 years. I found many systems and just few are really good.

I know cheap news services with all the daily institutional pdfs and news, that only big banks get. You can mail me, if you want to know more.

Guest desitrader

Jen,

All the big banks PDFs are waste of time, they are market makers and have very long term trade ideas with wide a** stops and also dont work....

this thread is for freely shared profitable mechanical strategies. pls sell your hardwork for $99 only for today products elsewhere.

Stop attacking Conglo as well, at least he is sharing ideas and recommending newbies even if he is not sharing his own system. Its still a lot more than what you are offering.

I am tired of policing this thread, maybe it was a bad idea..

Hi!

Conglo, you are laughable describing a ema-system and not tellling which ema you use.

The most profitable ema on 15 min and above is ema 21, banks know that for many years, why don't you tell us then?

I'm trading fx and indices for over 10 years. I found many systems and just few are really good.

I know cheap news services with all the daily institutional pdfs and news, that only big banks get. You can mail me, if you want to know more.

Mysterious SMA...Good joke...Haha...

Put a SMA (9) or SMA (14) in your daily chart and then you will see, if you can trade this.

THIS are the mysterious SMA's.

If you have -200 Pips, close, if you have +250 Pips, close 75% of your position and let the last run...

No Stop Loss sounds unprofessional, but it may be function, when you manage your trade every day (close position manually)

Jen...

Are you serious ? =))

Sharing systems for free is the main raison d'etre of this site!

For the MA users out there, as far as MA's go it really all depends on whether you want to track every tiny move (use a small MA) or have a global view (use a large MA). Each has advantages and disadvantages which you can easily see by putting them on a chart and scrolling back to look at historical signals. It's much better to do this than rely on anyone's "magic" MA as there is no general magic MA. The one which is magic for you is the one which suits the way you want to trade and gives reasonable entry and/or exit signals.

Another SMA method is to check out is the SMA(50) on the GBPUSD H1 or H4. At the close of the first bar that is fully formed (both high and low) below the SMA(50) sell. At the close of the first bar that is fully formed (both high and low) above the SMA(50) buy. Like TRO's Break the Bank, the exit is up to you. Stop Loss could be anything that you are comfortable with but no more than any close on the other side of the SMA(50). Another idea is the highest high or lowest low of the 3 previous bars or...

The beauty of this is that anyone can verify this by visually looking at any H1 or H4 chart on history. The key is finding a good exit. Gee maybe that is why there is a separate thread on favorite exit strategies...

Oops, I'm talking to myself again!

Sheesh.

You didn't even read my post.

It's an SMA, not an EMA. Huge difference in performance.

I have never seen an MA-based system that did not work best with SMAs.

BUY when the 26 SMA goes up, SELL when it goes down.

Use this on the daily E/U.

That's it.

It works fine all by itself. Of course you can tweak it a bit and make improvements, but that's how simple it can be.

You guys are right, I should have just posted the rules, it would have saved a lot of BS. Apparently most of you are not stimulated by mystery-solving.

I'm trying to encourage individual experimention and for you to try creative solutions. Many of you seem to resent that.

You are not going to get anywhere in this racket if you don't do your own work and develop your own ideas that you are comfortable with.

Thanks for your support, desi.

- T. Rex

Hi!

Edited by conglo

• 2 weeks later...
Guest desitrader

No problem conglo.

So looks like the total sharing volume on this site, culminates into only a few handful of strategies shared by few people over here which they claim to be using and that they are profitable?

Just bumping this up a bit, to see if any more want to share, otherwise, I will summarise all these and edit the first post with it.

A bit sad though, I thought there would have been a lot more profitable traders from this site who want to share, looks like there is only a handful, rest is all programmers, coders, crackers, etc.........

Many members mentioned SMA, EMA on monthly high/low, weekly, etc.. just few very simple method makes good profit.

Totally agreed. Who said to K.I.S.S (kEEP IT SIMPLE SUPERV TRADERS)? :-? Most of us spend much more time trying to work on entry but don't spend any time on exit strategy. The " Exit" is the most important part of the trading. After all, we can't say we made any money unless we close the position. :)

Edited by fx4_ever