List of Profitable Mechanical Strategies

Guest desitrader

Guest desitrader

Hi,

I have been lurking around on this forum for some time, and I think it is one of the best places with extremely friendly culture. Bless those who came up with this forum, collected so many sharers and maintained the culture. However, I found it a bit information overload. So many systems, so many EAs, most dont work, etc, etc, etc.

I aim to put together an easy to follow list of profitable mechanical systems/strategies. Key is mechanical, all discretionary stuff, has to be put to a side at the moment.

I know a lot of you buy and share stuff out here, means there must be quite a few profitable traders around here. If there arent any, then whats the whole point? If you trade mechanically and are profitable for over 1 year period, then fellows, please list down your systems according to following categories, and I will on a periodic basis, update the first post to have one point list of all the stuff that has been working.

Mechanical Strategies for Monthly/Weekly/Daily timeframe (for those who still got day jobs):

Mechanical Strategies for 4H timeframe (swingers):

Mechanical Strategies for 1H (short term swingers):

Mechanical Strategies for 30M/15M/5M/1M (Scalpers):

Note: Mods, my apologies in advance, if I am trying to repeat some information here. If there is already such thread, then let me know and then feel free to delete the post.

"Thanks for sharing" WHAT? Who has shared?

I'll give you the basis of a D1 strategy, but you have to do your part.

Most of you probably don't like the dailies because there's not enough "action".

Do you want "action" or profits?

D1, E/U

When the SMA goes up, buy.

When it goes down, sell.

That's it. NO, THERE ARE NO STOPS. STOPS ARE THE REASON YOU LOSE.

Very simple, very profitable.

It's up to you to find the value of the SMA. Not much of a challenge for someone who is intelligent.

If you find it, good for you, you are intelligent, resourceful and you've earned it.

If you can't find it then you shouldn't be trading in the first place, so shut the F**K up.

Good luck. Don't say nobody has ever helped you.

Edited by conglo

Guest desitrader

Hi Dannydon,

Would you like to share your approach. It does not have to be one strategy from someone else, you can share your strategy as well..

Guest desitrader

conglo. Thanks but no thanks.

If Money Management is an important part of trading, then what you just suggested is pure bullsh**t. Stop confusing everyone else, you cannot know how much you are risking, when you don't have stops, therefore you cannot have any money management framework.

Guest desitrader
There is no quarrel. I made this thread, after being impressed by the culture on this forum. The culture of sharing, and wanted to see if any profitable traders are willing to share their methods for newbies to get inspiration from. That's the purpose... and what do we get? a snobby post by someone posting riddles with no regard to money management whatsoever.

Put 50 SMA on chart and buy over the line close and sell under the line close. Support it with RSI 14 or 21. Daily TF best because no noise.

Another simple and powerful system is 4 Weeks Rule! I made a "tons" of money with it. Just one simple rule:

Close Sell open Buy if price exceeds HIGHS of previous month. Close Buy open Sell if price falls below LOWS of previous month. Works best on GBPUSD Monthly TF. Use ADX 15 or 21 and look that it is over 25. The only enemy is range market but you can tune it (correct) also every 2 weeks.

Cheers Hermes

Hermes and I have been the only ones to actually post anything substantive and you have the nerve to flame. Wow.

Prove it to yourself. PROVE ME WRONG.

I've been at this for decades (I started by trading OEX options; do you know what they are?); this was back when all there was was AIQ, MetaStock and TradeStation. There was no Metatrader, there were no such things as demo accounts. There were no internet feeds. I have programmed many hundreds of strategies and I will tell you it is a FACT that stops will degrade an otherwise profitable system.

Some of the most profitable Forex methods you will ever see are simple stop-and-reverses.

Now - REREAD THE LAST SENTENCE.

I've been ranting here for a long time to challenge what you've always assumed to be true.

Very few of you do it.

Do you have the cojones to challenge yourself? Sadly, odds are you don't.

IF 95% OF TRADERS LOSE MONEY, THEN 95% OF WHAT TRADERS BELIEVE IS NOT CORRECT. DO YOU GET THIS??

God forbid I should challenge the very beliefs that cause you to LOSE. How offensive! Maybe I should be banned.

The rest of you can sit, watch and "eat your popcorns".

Choose to challenge yourself or not. Go join the other sheep, you can see them clearly lined up nearby waiting to be sheared.

Or slaughtered.

Regardless, don't ever pretend you don't enjoy the show.

conglo. Thanks but no thanks.

If Money Management is an important part of trading, then what you just suggested is pure bullsh**t. Stop confusing everyone else, you cannot know how much you are risking, when you don't have stops, therefore you cannot have any money management framework.

Edited by conglo

Well: more or less professional trading software usually have a "close and reverse position" button. So yes, no need for a stop if you are watching your trade and/or have low leverage, so you can not really blow the account if it runs unattended.

Anyway, if anyone has more - proven succesful - strategies for H4+D1, please share them. Might be useful for us who are not full time traders. I think there is no need to fear that anyone might become too successful, because most of the people fail even with good strategies :D

Guest desitrader

Good for you if it works for you. However, it would be difficult for anyone to plan their money management around a no stops strategy.

Not everyone is an old dionsaur like you, so save the acronym dropping to show off. *share substantive*, whatever thats suppose to mean. So far on this thread, you have shared jack all..

Pls walk us through a sample trade, with worst case scenario and best case scenarios without using stops, then it may make some sense for everyone.

Btw, I however do believe what you said about challenging yourself and thinking outside the 95% losing crowd. I am all ears, but you're aren't saying anything.

Hermes and I have been the only ones to actually post anything substantive and you have the nerve to flame. Wow.

Prove it to yourself. PROVE ME WRONG.

I've been at this for decades (I started by trading OEX options; do you know what they are?); this was back when all there was was AIQ, MetaStock and TradeStation. There was no Metatrader, there were no such things as demo accounts. There were no internet feeds. I have programmed many hundreds of strategies and I will tell you it is a FACT that stops will degrade an otherwise profitable system.

Some of the most profitable Forex methods you will ever see are simple stop-and-reverses.

Now - REREAD THE LAST SENTENCE.

I've been ranting here for a long time to challenge what you've always assumed to be true.

Very few of you do it.

Do you have the cojones to challenge yourself? Sadly, odds are you don't.

IF 95% OF TRADERS LOSE MONEY, THEN 95% OF WHAT TRADERS BELIEVE IS NOT CORRECT. DO YOU GET THIS??

God forbid I should challenge the very beliefs that cause you to LOSE. How offensive! Maybe I should be banned.

The rest of you can sit, watch and "eat your popcorns".

Choose to challenge yourself or not. Go join the other sheep, you can see them clearly lined up nearby waiting to be sheared.

Or slaughtered.

Regardless, don't ever pretend you don't enjoy the show.

Guest desitrader

Many thanks for sharing this, I will update it on first post of the thread, once I gather a few more. Again, much appreciated.

Can you just clarify a bit about 4 weeks rule? Is it the turtle method of 20 days high/low buy/short method? and how would you use ADX filter? Also, what do you mean by "tune it" ?

I may need to re-write that one for clarity....

Put 50 SMA on chart and buy over the line close and sell under the line close. Support it with RSI 14 or 21. Daily TF best because no noise.

Another simple and powerful system is 4 Weeks Rule! I made a "tons" of money with it. Just one simple rule:

Close Sell open Buy if price exceeds HIGHS of previous month. Close Buy open Sell if price falls below LOWS of previous month. Works best on GBPUSD Monthly TF. Use ADX 15 or 21 and look that it is over 25. The only enemy is range market but you can tune it (correct) also every 2 weeks.

Cheers Hermes

"Acronym dropping"? If you don't know what OEX is you just haven't been around much. Don't take it as an insult, it's just a fact.

And learn to spell "dinosaur" correctly.

Please reread my "jack all" post #7.

This is so simple the least you can do is put a little effort into it.

Most of you 95%ers just want handouts.

It doesn't matter how many examples I might post here. You would still want to test them for yourself, would you not?

"Walk you through..??!!" It's a simple SMA reversal for God's sake! Do you need me to walk you through that? You can't figure that out yet??

Save your energy and quit now.

YOU HAVE TO PROVE IT FOR YOURSELF. I CAN'T DO IT FOR YOU.

Get Forex Strategy Builder. It's free. Play with it, maybe you'll surprise yourself. I doubt it.

If you find something interesting, apply Forex Strategy Trader (free) and it will trade your system through MT.

If a system is too difficult to code an EA using the (free) online Expert Advisor Builder, then it's probably too complicated in the first place.

Lots of simple strategies work but you most likely need to stick with the dailies. In which case, you don't need an EA anyway.

They are more trouble than they are worth.

If you don't get that, you belong to the 95% group, too.

Once you know what to expect of a stop and reverse system through back and forward testing your money management takes the form of correct account and lot sizing. Learn how to apply the Kelly Ratio (I can hear you all whining already, "Huh? What's that? You mean I gotta learn something else?").

I've just shared three free and valuable tools for you to develop your own simple but profitable strategies.

If you don't have the initiative to experiment for yourself then don't expect any success.

Who gave handouts to Edison? NOBODY. HE WORKED HIS a** OFF FOR IT.

Back in the day, if there were forums such as this Edison would have probably been banned.

Ahh, phooey. Most of you probably don't even know who Edison is anyway.

T-Rex

Good for you if it works for you. However, it would be difficult for anyone to plan their money management around a no stops strategy.

Not everyone is an old dionsaur like you, so save the acronym dropping to show off. *share substantive*, whatever thats suppose to mean. So far on this thread, you have shared jack all..

Pls walk us through a sample trade, with worst case scenario and best case scenarios without using stops, then it may make some sense for everyone.

Btw, I however do believe what you said about challenging yourself and thinking outside the 95% losing crowd. I am all ears, but you're aren't saying anything.

Edited by conglo

There is no quarrel. I made this thread, after being impressed by the culture on this forum. The culture of sharing, and wanted to see if any profitable traders are willing to share their methods for newbies to get inspiration from. That's the purpose... and what do we get? a snobby post by someone posting riddles with no regard to money management whatsoever.

Thank you desitrader for starting this thread.

Would truly appreciate in hearing from you one of your trading strategies/systems/methodology ..

to try and take take as example of the format you desire.

Thanking you in advance

I don't think he has one.

Prove me wrong, Desi. Post one that works. We all would welcome it.

Thank you desitrader for starting this thread.

Would truly appreciate in hearing from you one of your trading strategies/systems/methodology ..

to try and take take as example of the format you desire.

Thanking you in advance

Edited by conglo

You are spamming and have been reported to the moderators.

Never mind you don't know s**t about any so-called "mysterious" SMA.

It's only "mysterious" to the stupid ones. How "mysterious" can an SMA be, for God's sake?

Hi!

I'm trading fx and indexes for over 10 years. I found many systems and just few are really good. I bought many things and cannot give away all I found out for free. I speak about something like $ 45 by paypal, because one for example is 2 GB big. Please ask me on [email protected] if you want real help at once, even conglos mysterious ma.

I know cheap news services with all the daily institutional pdfs and news, that only big banks get.

Edited by conglo

Guest desitrader

I don't have on in which I can say that I have confidence. I raise my hand, I am a newbie. I have tried London morning breakouts in the past with some success, but then it stopped working for a long period.... So i dont think its profitable.... still if you are interested then here it is.

Pairs: GBP/USD (preferable) or EUR/USD

Rule 1: 1HR chart, see if price is above 50SMA. If it is, then only long. If its below 50SMA, then only looking for shorts.

Rule 2: Draw the asian range (2100 GMT to 0600GMT) highs and lows, and

Rule 3: buy stop 2 pips+spread above the high of the range (if looking for long per rule 1). Vice versa for shorts.

Rule 4: Stops at low of the range + 2 + spread

Rule 5: Take profit at 1:1 r/r or take half at 1:1 and move stop to breakeven and trail your stops by equal amount of pips you initially risked. Once I caught a fast moving trend with this and gathered 1:5 on that particular trade.

Basis of this strategy is that, instead of straddle, you are only taking trade in direction of the prevailing trend. However, I would not recommend it, as i lost all my profits in drawdown when it became choppy (and yes, it still met criteria of Rule 1 - however, market became generally choppy even in larger timeframe of 1HR)

If anyone has any other ideas to introduce more filters to make this profitable, feel free. This is the purpose of thsi thread.

Guest desitrader

I agree with conglo. Jen, please do not spam. There are plenty of other places where you can sell your uber secret methods. That has no place on this thread or this forum for that matter. If anyone has any mysterious SMA, then keep it mysterious, we dont want to know about it, unless you are open about sharing it with everyone - be it experts, newbies, market makers, or george soros.

You are spamming and have been reported to the moderators.

Never mind you don't know s**t about any so-called "mysterious" SMA.

It's only "mysterious" to the stupid ones. How "mysterious" can an SMA be, for God's sake?