(Req) F0rex Renew@l

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the MKS trendline indicator plots 4 lines though, I am sure the coders here can alter it to display only 2 eagle lines.

It has a useful GMT adjustment.

Hi Shabz,

I found that one on internet, I don't know if it is the most recent.

Is it different from yours?

hxxp://www.35pip.com/metatrader-indicators/4-trendline-v3-2-mks-mq4/[/Code]

About the asian session, here is what I found in the snapshots that I did, before the forum becomes private.

It might give some light!

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/3694/003119jan0841capture.jpg[/img]

Does this link need to be adjusted?---doesnt work and I cant quite make it out in your post.

I did a live trade on EU last night(London open) and got the 20 pips--but only just. The 10:15 candle was the signal and I entered short on the 11:15 candle at 1.3561

Hi Shabz,

I found that one on internet, I don't know if it is the most recent.

Is it different from yours?

hxxp://www.35pip.com/metatrader-indicators/4-trendline-v3-2-mks-mq4/[/Code]

Hi Freddy,

I have removed 2 of the trendlines leaving only the 2 main eagle lines. The one for the Euro session & the one for the NewYork session, This indicator works only on the [u]15 min timeframe[/u], following the rules. It fires arrows when there is a breakout from the lines. There is a GMT adjust feature, which I find useful.

Also you can backtest using show_old input set to 1

http://www.mediafire.com/?ajvj4j2tezbom13

Edited by shabz

About the asian session, here is what I found in the snapshots that I did, before the forum becomes private.

It might give some light!

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/3694/003119jan0841capture.jpg[/img]

Does this link need to be adjusted?---doesnt work and I cant quite make it out in your post.

I did a live trade on EU last night(London open) and got the 20 pips--but only just. The 10:15 candle was the signal and I entered short on the 11:15 candle at 1.3561

Hi God,

yes you can do it like Fredd(IE) said or you can also right click and open image in new tab.

Great job for your trade, but it is the minimum, everyone would expect from you. ;)

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/8291/godrj.jpg

Edited by freddy
quotes misplaced

Hi Freddy,

I have removed 2 of the trendlines leaving only the 2 main eagle lines. The one for the Euro session & the one for the NewYork session, This indicator works only on the 15 min timeframe, following the rules. It fires arrows when there is a breakout from the lines. There is a GMT adjust feature, which I find useful.

Also you can backtest using show_old input set to 1

http://www.mediafire.com/?ajvj4j2tezbom13

Thanks a lot shabz,

will try your version.

Hi God,

yes you can do it like Fredd(IE) said or you can also right click and open image in new tab.

Great job for your trade, but it is the minimum, everyone would expect from you. ;)

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/8291/godrj.jpg

Ha ha nice one I'm actually getting 40k pips per day but dont like to brag.

My cosmic network is down at the moment so I'm hoping that someone can confirm that the control candle for the London session is the 15 min candle before the London open?

Cheers

God

Does anyone know why these times are used ?

What is the logic behind the eagle line and the control candle

I would say the logic behind is that before any session you usually get low volatility and Price oscillate between channels. (Consolidation)

When traders come in the market at the beginning of "their" session, volatility grows and Price breaks out of channels, either way)

But only God knows it all!

Looking left on the charts I see a lot of times there is an initial signal candle( ie-- candle clear of control lines) but price never clears its high/low by the 3 pip buffer. Price then moves away and makes a new signal candle in the opposite direction. Does anyone one know if this is still a valid trade given the seemingly conflicting signals?

Looking left on the charts I see a lot of times there is an initial signal candle( ie-- candle clear of control lines) but price never clears its high/low by the 3 pip buffer. Price then moves away and makes a new signal candle in the opposite direction. Does anyone one know if this is still a valid trade given the seemingly conflicting signals?

The problem with all breakouts is that they don't always play fair! Forget 'signal', - price has just moved, it is likey to continue but it is also likely to retrace.

Too many people see these systems as set in stone. Looks like you need a bigger buffer but be aware that if price is going to retrace, no buffer will work.

Your question seems to me: valid signal that fails and a second valid signal but who knows where it will go.

I have come to the conclusion that a 5min chart is more likely to pull in a few pips.

The problem with all breakouts is that they don't always play fair! Forget 'signal', - price has just moved, it is likey to continue but it is also likely to retrace.

Too many people see these systems as set in stone. Looks like you need a bigger buffer but be aware that if price is going to retrace, no buffer will work.

Your question seems to me: valid signal that fails and a second valid signal but who knows where it will go.

I have come to the conclusion that a 5min chart is more likely to pull in a few pips.

Yeah fair enough Freddy but what about the 500 plus winners this bloke has. I pm'd user Dreamliner on ForexFactory --he had a meeting with this Barry bloke and reckons he's fair dinkum. He has since had 10 winners in a row AND his wife---a trading novice ---has had 21winners in a row. So I'm thinking that this system doesnt require huge discretion--so we should be able to replicate the consec winners

... what about the 500 plus winners this bloke has. I pm'd user Dreamliner on ForexFactory --he had a meeting with this Barry bloke and reckons he's fair dinkum.

I have been following that thread too. Based on my knowledge of breakouts I find it unbelievable - 500 winners.

He has since had 10 winners in a row AND his wife---a trading novice ---has had 21winners in a row. So I'm thinking that this system doesnt require huge discretion--so we should be able to replicate the consec winners

Is this HE-Barry or HE- Dreamliner?

Hope that it is sorted, then we all can be millionaires in quick time, somehow I doubt it.

According to the rules, the SL is 60 pips and TP is 20 pips. The Risk and Reward is 3:1. Very curious to know how Barry to make 500 winning trades in a row with such bad RR.

There is the saying "Put your stop loss where you think that it will not be hit".

Must say that I'd be out a lot earlier. If there is such a high win rate then I would come out at +/- 5 pips

According to the rules, the SL is 60 pips and TP is 20 pips. The Risk and Reward is 3:1. Very curious to know how Barry to make 500 winning trades in a row with such bad RR.

As far as I know the SL is not fixed but dependant on where the control line is plus 20 pips. So if the control candle was only 5 pips the SL would be 25 pips. Your reasoning re the RR is reversed. The worse the RR is the more likely a big run of consec winners. If you had a 2 pip TP and a 200pip SL---a terrible RR-- you would likely have a lot of winers in a row.

Freddie--- the HE is Dreamliner

That is good to know. Sounds like it might be worth buying the system!!

I was thinking of sorting out the 'correct times' and putting up some charts to see if winners were plentiful without 'manipulation' - realised that sounds bad - meant that they just ran...

Edited by Freddie

As far as I know the SL is not fixed but dependant on where the control line is plus 20 pips. So if the control candle was only 5 pips the SL would be 25 pips. Your reasoning re the RR is reversed. The worse the RR is the more likely a big run of consec winners. If you had a 2 pip TP and a 200pip SL---a terrible RR-- you would likely have a lot of winers in a row.

If there is a few losing trade in a row, it will wipe out all the profit. Not a good strategy for a long run..