As Simple as it Gets..

This is only an example of how simple a trading system can be.

One indicator - Heiken Ashi

No take profit

No stoploss

Stats:

http://www.multiupload.com/8480XCMEWF

Example taken from E/U, H4 using Forex Tester.

Rules:

When HA changes color at close of bar, trade.

When you have a profit at the close of a bar, no matter how small, exit.

Wait for another color change in the opposite direction to trade again.

If the HA color changes and you do not have a profit, exit and reverse.

That is all there is, do not read any more into it.

Of course improvements are possible, it's just to make a point that things don't have to be complicated.

If you can turn this into a pip monster please post your improvements.

You hold until there is a profit at the close of a bar of the same color or the HA changes color.

If HA changes color and you have a loss you accept it.

Exiting at first profit is more profitable than trying to hold for more, contrary to what you may think.

There is more chop than trend, if you try to ride the trend you will get whipsawed more often than not.

Please remember that this is just a rather crude example of a more important concept, which is simplicity.

I'm working on a countertrend method that is much more profitable than a trend-follower.

The trend may not necessarily always be your friend. Neither are stops.

Nice system

If the price is not changed in the close of the bar and you are in loss - are you still staying ?

Did you checked if its better to exist after the first bar in any event ?

• 2 weeks later...
Why don't YOU try it?

If it doesn't interest you enough to try it for yourself, it's not for you. Don't waste forum space.

Conglo,

What's so wrong with asking for someone's experience or opinion with the system? Isn't this forum based on sharing including results and systems/methods??????????????????????

I'm probably like a lot of other people on this forum that have downloaded numerous systems for testing and there's only soooo many hours in a day.

Edited by bnbb2004

Don't get me wrong. I apologize if I've offended you.

But other peoples' opinions are worthless, it's YOUR'S that count, because it's YOUR account. It's YOUR money.

Who cares what other people's experiences are?

YOU are the one that may or may not trade it, so YOU trade it and decide for yourself.

What works for one may not work for another.

If you're asking others' opinions because you are too lazy to test it for yourself, I will tell you now you will fail at trading.

Just remember, it is a FACT that 95% of traders fail, and you are asking the "traders" here for their advice. 95% of those here are losers.

This is not meant to insult anyone, it is just a statistical fact.

So think about it.

You need to make your own decisions.

Conglo,

What's so wrong with asking for someone else's experiences or opinions with the system? Isn't this forum based on sharing including results and systems/methods??????????????????????

Edited by conglo

...But other peoples' opinions are worthless, it's YOUR'S that count, because it's YOUR account. It's YOUR money. Who cares what other people's experiences are?...

I must agree with you Conglo, even the originator of a system is an unreliable sorce. I also understand the frustration with people not simply taking up the concept and looking to see if it 'flys'.

The real problem on these threads is that people want to be spoon-fed with the system, TF, what it is in their time zone, where the indicators are etc, etc, etc.

Look at the number of threads that get started looking for System X or System Y. I have come to answer "Go search" now.

The real problem on these threads is that people want to be spoon-fed with the system, TF, what it is in their time zone, where the indicators are etc, etc, etc.

I agree, if someone see's someone is successful with a strategy they want to be spoon fed in order to imitate exactly what the other person is doing. But, this wont work, what works for one person doesn't for another, and the reason they are successful is because of the experience they have and the trial and error research they did while creating the strategy, which cannot be taught.

• 3 months later...
...Do you open the position in the first bar changing the color (that´s my question in this case)?, or do you open the position in the next candle after the previous bar changed in a different color? Thanks

Rules: When HA changes color at close of bar, trade. (From post 1) - note BAR IS CLOSED NOW!! You cannot do what you are suggesting, you pays your money and makes your choice!!!

The next bar is likely to change colour as it goes through the 4 hours. It may go your way for two hours then come back and cost you money; it may go all the way you want and give you a big reward. It may go back and forth and finish as a doji leaving you at breakeven.

Does any of this help you?

YTC Your trading coach

Please sorry if I don´t understand it well.

Tell me if this example is correct:

1.- I see some red HA bars. So i wait to see a new bar in white color.

2.- A new bar is "finished" in white color. So this is the signal to trade in the next bar (3).

3.- New bar, so I open a new position: buy

4.- If the bar closes in profit then I finish closing the position and I wait to a changed color again to trade. If not in profit then I continue only until the "closed bar" changes the color (in this case with a loss) or I am in profit (even short profit).

Correct?.

Thanks

Edited by tronss

• 1 month later...
Guest desitrader

Conglo. I dont like this system, it doesnt have stops, it doesnt have all bells and whistles with indicators, and buy/sell arrows. Can you code it in MQL with arrows so that we can see over a period of time how it works?

<of course I am just taking the piss mate>

How is it going? I *think* i have developed a counter-trend strategy for EUR/CHF and TRY/JPY (carry). In short its about buying at any red candle which goes beyond previous candle. YES I buy the bearish engulfing bar.

I will document is some time in proper detail and share it with everyone.

I've abandoned it, it doesn't work well enough.

I'm playing with some different basket methods now.. too soon to post anything.

I was inspired by Gordon Philips' Hedgehog method, the basis of it is sound but I'm trying to further simplify it.

In addition, please see this page, post #13, I'm having very good success with these currency strength indis:

http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/13702-REQ-Percent-Change-Indicator?p=160536#post160536

There are lots of variations possible using these. Just be aware if you try them that they need to be manually refreshed.

Conglo. I dont like this system, it doesnt have stops, it doesnt have all bells and whistles with indicators, and buy/sell arrows. Can you code it in MQL with arrows so that we can see over a period of time how it works?

<of course I am just taking the piss mate>

How is it going? I *think* i have developed a counter-trend strategy for EUR/CHF and TRY/JPY (carry). In short its about buying at any red candle which goes beyond previous candle. YES I buy the bearish engulfing bar.

I will document is some time in proper detail and share it with everyone.

Edited by conglo