[req] speedOmeter

hi all .

the speedOmeter seems perfect for scalping .

# Identify the volatility of the market at one glance

# Tick by tick updated information about the speed

# Catch the points when other traders getting in or out

# The calculation of the is speed is based always on the last tick data.

# The displayed unit is TICKS per SECOND.

http://i54.tinypic.com/25inrdd.jpg

really appreciate it if someone want to share .

thanks .

\m/

Edited by gege.aig

Spped-o-meter

Hello friends this is checkmail and couldn't find speedometer but an possible alternative, check the indicators section recently posted an indicator, which can provide trend strength of two timeframes at a time.

:)

Edit1 : Hello sorry for the delay but its an mtf dynamic range/strength indicator.:)

Edited by checkmail

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Who will share? It is cheap and potentially a great addition to our trading arsenals. Even the advanced version only costs less than $60. Maybe someone who hasn't shared in a while will step up !

Hello Diesel 10/ others

I just recently had a good friend of mine share this speedometer with me, but I have not had time myself to install it or test it.

He did mention that there's a problem with the basic version but the Pro version he explained to me works just great.

Both version are included in the share link below, Let me know how it turns out for you. Enjoy

http://hotfile.com/dl/128420184/a8d5ce6/speedOmeter_Pro.zip.html

Hello Diesel 10/ others

I just recently had a good friend of mine share this speedometer with me, but I have not had time myself to install it or test it.

He did mention that there's a problem with the basic version but the Pro version he explained to me works just great.

Both version are included in the share link below, Let me know how it turns out for you. Enjoy

http://hotfile.com/dl/128420184/a8d5ce6/speedOmeter_Pro.zip.html

Thanks to the good fellow German. I'll give it a try. :-)

I can't get the ex4 files to load onto MT4. They are in the indicators folder but do not show up in the custom indicators tree.

Any ideas ?

Maybe some one can decompile the files ?

Edited by shabz
just a thought

I can't get the ex4 files to load onto MT4. They are in the indicators folder but do not show up in the custom indicators tree.

Any ideas ?

Maybe some one can decompile the files ?

Did you install the font "speedOmeter" (true type) inside your FONTS library as explained in STEP2?

If not, it's probably the reason you don't see anything. 8-)

Has anyone understood exactly how to use this tool? The User Guide is very short and just talk about settings. :-?

Hi freddy,

Trading ticks like this reminded me of thread I followed some time ago on FF, here's a summary of what it was about:

http://www.multiupload.com/L1RLRALR41

I saw that the guy who developed the indicator created it because he didn't like being resistricted by the standard candle timeframes on MT4 and realised that he could eliminate the need for candles altogether by trading ticks.

15m tends to be my main chart and I've noticed that the main price moves tend to happen either soon after the start of a new candle or just before a candle is due to close. If the previous candle was up, then as soon as new candle opens, if you're expecting a trend continuation then you should see the new candle dip a bit and then when it breaks the high of the previous candle (normally within 1-2 minutes) that's at the point normally where the tick speed will be high and price will continue pushing the new candle up to the point where it suddenly stops and retraces (still with high tick speed), then you should get a low tick speed consolidation period until 1-2 mins before the end of the candle and tick speed should pick up again.

Hi freddy,

Trading ticks like this reminded me of thread I followed some time ago on FF, here's a summary of what it was about:

http://www.multiupload.com/L1RLRALR41

I saw that the guy who developed the indicator created it because he didn't like being resistricted by the standard candle timeframes on MT4 and realised that he could eliminate the need for candles altogether by trading ticks.

15m tends to be my main chart and I've noticed that the main price moves tend to happen either soon after the start of a new candle or just before a candle is due to close. If the previous candle was up, then as soon as new candle opens, if you're expecting a trend continuation then you should see the new candle dip a bit and then when it breaks the high of the previous candle (normally within 1-2 minutes) that's at the point normally where the tick speed will be high and price will continue pushing the new candle up to the point where it suddenly stops and retraces (still with high tick speed), then you should get a low tick speed consolidation period until 1-2 mins before the end of the candle and tick speed should pick up again.

Thanks a lot Soundfx,

I will read the doc, but from what I understand in your post, I am not sure this is my trading style (might be to old for that kind of trading) :D

Have a great day

freddy

Where & How to install the fonts file in windows 7 ?

I tried copy & paste into C:\Windows\Fonts but it seems to get renamed by deafult to xxx1Regular.

The indicator cannot find it as it is renamed. Any advice ?

Thanks

ShabZ,

I don't have Windows 7, (still with XP) but I don't think it is so different.

You need to go to Control Panel and find the Fonts'folder.

Then File: Install a new font...

(just browse where you saved your "speedometer" TT)

Check if you new font is in the Fonts'folder ......ET Voilà!!

In the pic, it is in french, but I think it is quite understandable.

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/303/fontsj.jpg

Thanks to the good fellow German. I'll give it a try. :-)

Just to let you know< I load this indy and what I found during these last 2 days is,

That by moving the ticks from 10 to 15 it seemed to match the price action a little better.

I notice that on the 10 tick setting the speedometer just seemed to jump when there was little price action. So by moving it to 15 for me it seems to work better.

Other then that have not notice much of anything else, give it a try may work since it whipsaws a little less.

Hi Freddy,

Bon Jour, thanks for your suggestions. I found by clearing a lot of unused indicators from the navigator tree created the necessary space for them to appear. The font strangely is still named as xx1Regular, but the speedometer seems to be displaying fine.

I have observed it & as yet do not seem to find a use for it other than a gadget to look at. Has anyone found a way of using the speedometer to make decisions ?

Merci Beaucoup.