Tr@de M@x 21

Guest Jayman007
seems to me that it is acc blower, but....

try that:

http://www.mediafire.com/?0djw5a062uee5rd

Thanks Musketeer. Looks like that version you just posted only diff is it has the idemarker stuff commented out. Not sure how that effects the lot size but I will test it out and see.

Thanks Musketeer. Looks like that version you just posted only diff is it has the idemarker stuff commented out. Not sure how that effects the lot size but I will test it out and see.

reading the thread, I've downloaded TDWFX platform. And any tests didn't run for me because of not just comment but "return 0" there. So, I've commented it. Now I see that there is different problem and will try to figure out where is the error.

thanks

Guest Jayman007
Still getting invalid lot amount. Only way to get past this is set lot size >.5 and then it works but takes all trades at 1 lot. I have gone through the code many times but have no clue why this is happening on TDFX and not fxcm. I do see that fxcm is listed in the EA to have special settings from ANY other broker. I wonder if this has something to do with why it works for me great on fxcm and not TDFX.

Guest Jayman007
reading the thread, I've downloaded TDWFX platform. And any tests didn't run for me because of not just comment but "return 0" there. So, I've commented it. Now I see that there is different problem and will try to figure out where is the error.

thanks

Thank you so much. It's been driving me crazy. I do have it trading on demo TDFX and it always trades 1 lot. On my live and demo fxcm it trades like it should (profitable).

Still getting invalid lot amount. Only way to get past this is set lot size >.5 and then it works but takes all trades at 1 lot. I have gone through the code many times but have no clue why this is happening on TDFX and not fxcm. I do see that fxcm is listed in the EA to have special settings from ANY other broker. I wonder if this has something to do with why it works for me great on fxcm and not TDFX.

it is because of time shift of fxcm - hard coded there

do you mean that the *same* ea trade on other than tdwfx normally?!?

Guest Jayman007

I see that the hard coded changes for FXCM subtract 2 hours from the trading times. But my fxcmo account is only 1 hour diferent than my tdfx account. And why would ONLY fxcm need to have a 2 hour adjustment? I think that this ea was coded in Japan and the more I look at the code the more I think it was coded specifically for FXCM. Like I said, when I run it on my fxcm accounts it does very well.

i was hoping to be able to add it to my EA basket at TDFX but just might not be possible.

I see that the hard coded changes for FXCM subtract 2 hours from the trading times. But my fxcmo account is only 1 hour diferent than my tdfx account. And why would ONLY fxcm need to have a 2 hour adjustment? I think that this ea was coded in Japan and the more I look at the code the more I think it was coded specifically for FXCM. Like I said, when I run it on my fxcm accounts it does very well.

i was hoping to be able to add it to my EA basket at TDFX but just might not be possible.

I may change it to trade on tdwfx but w/o logic of doubling/tripling lots....? should i make it?

Guest Jayman007
The way I have it running now (with MM turned off) it should always trade the min lot size as specified in the config. That's how it trades on fxcm. With the same settings on tdfx it always tries to open 1 lot trade size if I specify min lot size >= .5. If I specify min lot size <.5 it just gives errors about invalid lot size and never opens any trades.

Guest Jayman007

Also, I added back in the following as that doesn't seem to stop the EA from working and I think it might help with the trading logic.

g_idemarker_412 = iDeMarker(NULL, getPeriod(gi_208), g_period_204, 1);
  if (g_idemarker_412 == 0.0) {
     Print("notice technical data => DM is not found!");
     return (0);
  }

I'm gonna try and BT both versions to see if there is any difference.

EDIT:Both gave exact same results

Edited by Jayman007

• 1 year later...