Power levels trading

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I think that it can be something like the original Wisdom idea, what originally started (not him, but the idea ;) this Thread. Another side of this coin is that I heard he were loosing badly in the next months. What is also stated on the beginning of this thread.

Preview:

http://imageshack.us/a/img4/9962/optionslevels.png

It seems it does show something. Also, it's interesting that both expiry months come into play.

I's an honour to meet You on my traders' path !

=D>

Definitely, except you don't get that information in case of spot forex. The "volume" you get from your broker is a ticks volume, a mere number of times the price changed within given timeframe. On top of that a vast majority of brokers average quote stream, and each of them does it differently, so you get less ticks (thus lower ticks volume) than in reality.

[...]

?

Sorry if I do a mess in this thread, but I logged in to CME portal and even asked them YOUR question :) but I was re-directed by smart stuff to FAQ.

Pls look at this link, maybe it is what You are looking for:

http://www.cmegroup.com/market-data/volume-open-interest/fx-volume.html

If You click on the arrow in right up corner, the xls comes to dll.

and here is Your answer about Reg Trad Hours, mean RTH:

What does RTH and ETH stand for?

RTH is an abbreviation for Regular Trading Hours and refers to the pit-trading session. ETH is an abbreviation for Electronic Trading Hours.

I think CME should really review all the information it publishes and try to unify it. In the header of any PDF daily bulletin it says:

INDIVIDUAL CONTRACT PRICE DATA FOR OPEN, HIGH, LOW, CLOSE AND SETTLEMENT PLUS CLEARED VOLUME FIGURES REFLECT CME REGULAR TRADING HOURS SESSION ONLY.

So ok, now we know that Settle belongs to the "regular trading hours" part of (just finished) trading session. But what are actually "regular trading hours"? When I look here: http://www.cmegroup.com/trading_hours/fx-hours.html they distinguish between "electronic trading" (17:00-16:00) and "open outcry" (07:20-14:00), but no mention of "regular trading hours".

Now, since we know that the Settle is published at 14:17, 14:30, 15:00, 15:20, 18:00 (see here: http://www.cmegroup.com/market-data/settlements/settlements-details.html) and "open outcry" ends at 14:00, I would take a wild guess that the "open outcry" is what they call as "regular trading hours". Am I right?

So the OBEL will be most faithful for the period of time between 7:20 and 14:00 of given trading session. That's less than 7 hours. The charts have 24 hours. I guess when drawing OBELs for all 5 days I will draw with solid lines 7:20-14:00 and dotted lines from 14:00 to 7:20 next day. And for the most recent trading day I will protract dotted lines from 14:00 up to "now". That way we will cover all 24 hours and at the same time we can identify the actual trading hours the Options were traded. Hope it makes sense.

Maybe...

Observation 1:

It will probably sounds ******, but when it's goes down price LIKES to hook up on previous level shown on the left.

Observation 2:

If there is no previous level shown to the left (as I understand in the last day(s)) the price accepts actual level from ACTUAL day.

But this comes true (ON THE PIC) only during downtrend.

But probably work the same in uptrend.

In these times, when I used to use Powers by c0py, I saw for example that the price went to Power and bounced back, went to the middle of nowhere (where pivot was hiding) and then bounced back through this PL. Mystery all around :)

Hope it doesnt sound ****** :/

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff444/fxnizar/op1.png

Friday

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff444/fxnizar/2012-12-10_1134.png

Monday

any observation ??

Nizar

• 1 month later...

udc:

First and foremost I want to thank you on this brilliant work you've done. To stay in fx terms: You're worth your weight in gold. :)

I've attached the engine to GBPUSD H1 chart and the indie to a EURUSD H1 chart, but no bananas here for me. Checked settings, checked all relevant boxes etc.

I do see this in my log (it does that for all currencies I've enabled):

2013.02.18 12:20:38    OBEL-engine EURJPY,H1: (EURUSD) Error, CME nearest month expiry date not found

Moreover, the 'files' directory does not show any new data files. Where did I go wrong?

Thanks again and kind regards, San.

Edited by San4x
Thanks for the kudos...much appreciated!

udc:

First and foremost I want to thank you on this brilliant work you've done. To stay in fx terms: You're worth your weight in gold. :)

I've attached the engine to GBPUSD H1 chart and the indie to a EURUSD H1 chart, but no bananas here for me. Checked settings, checked all relevant boxes etc.

I do see this in my log (it does that for all currencies I've enabled):

2013.02.18 12:20:38 OBEL-engine EURJPY,H1: (EURUSD) Error, CME nearest month expiry date not found

Moreover, the 'files' directory does not show any new data files. Where did I go wrong?

Thanks again and kind regards, San.

US holiday today, try again tomrw.

US holiday today, try again tomrw.

Again, same thing today:

2013.02.19 22:10:37	OBEL-engine EURUSD,H1: (EURUSD) Error, CME nearest month expiry date not found
2013.02.19 22:10:37	OBEL-engine EURUSD,H1: (GBPUSD) Error, CME nearest month expiry date not found
2013.02.19 22:10:37	OBEL-engine EURUSD,H1: (AUDUSD) Error, CME nearest month expiry date not found
2013.02.19 22:10:37	OBEL-engine EURUSD,H1: (USDCHF) Error, CME nearest month expiry date not found

Bummer, was looking forward to this!

Some news

Hi everyone,

I am sorry I left this forum some time ago but, simply put, the level of human s.t.u.p.i.d.i.t.y in the other thread was just unbearable.

Anyway, I kept working on the OBEL technology I created here, improved it and combined it with few my other not-yet-sold technologies from my software portfolio and the result seems quite interesting. Especially the OBELs are proving to be a very fitting addition to my UDC Levels, a thing I am working on for the last two years.

To show it off I made a simple visual interpretation in Metatrader (it's all arranged together into one very huge desktop 3840x1200, further logically divided into left and right half), let it run on my server and now I am giving you 2 ways how to watch it:

1. you can watch the videos from the past days at www.youtube.com/UDCprogrammer. These videos are recorded and published automatically and are 24 times accelerated so that it's not that boring to watch them.
  2. you can watch it in the real-time at us.udc-programming.info (for people from U.S. region) or eu.udc-programming.info (for everyone else), just use "indo" as the username as well as the password.

Now, to avoid some confusion as for why I am giving you access to all this for free. Short answer: because I can. No, but seriously, it's still under development and once it's ready I am going to offer the real-time data feed generated by these technologies to the various companies. At the moment I don't really have any plan to target the retail sector, I am not a marketer, it doesn't suit me to deal with the retail customers. In order to be able to offer it to those companies, though, I obviously need a way to show what it's doing, how it's working. Hence the videos and these two websites. Then, in compliance with the licensing models and other agreement conditions, this free access will most probably be shut down. So, since I like the community and the spirit of this forum, I figured why not to let you in in the meantime.

To make it clear: there is no marketing pitch, I don't expect you to subscribe or thumb-up/thumb-down or comment on the youtube videos (in fact I would like you to do none of that), nor to advertise this outside of this forum (I would really appreciate if you keep it within this forum only, although I am well aware that this is a public forum).

Just remember this is still under heavy development, there may be interruptions or it may suddenly be shut down without prior warning, but in general it should be ok (unless you overload those little servers). Also, don't ask me what this or that component is supposed to do, I leave that to your imagination, and unless it's a really very cool idea don't ask me to rearrange the view. If you find any of this to be helpful in your trading, enjoy it and make the best of it while you can.

San4x et al.: yes, the OBEL-engine I published here doesn't work correctly anymore, CME did indeed change the syntax. I will try to look into this and fix it, but it's not that trivial as it may seem and the time is the factor too. Fixing this particular thing is trivial but there have been several other bugs that you don't know (yet) about (keep in mind that there are several months of development between the code you have and what I have now) and I can't just fix one bug and keep the other bugs in place (it's a programmer's reputation thing) neither can I simply take the code I have and give it to you because it's not anymore in Metatrader, it's integrated within the standalone server code. Anyone else willing to fix it is more than welcome to do so, though, at the end that's why I made the source codes available so that you are not dependent on me.

Glad you like it.

Well, the best you can do is just to watch it. If you have two 1920x1200 monitors then you can see the whole thing at once, otherwise just pick the view that suits you the best. Don't forget you can switch the browser into the full-screen by pressing F11, also you can zoom out/in the whole page by pressing the minus/plus sign on numeric keypad while holding down CTRL. The fast-forwarded videos should help too. Most people stop trading by the end of New York session and if you are on the American continent you should be able to find the respective videos from the day on YouTube before you go to bed (don't forget to always click on the gear icon and set quality to "original"). There you will see the last 3 hours from Asia session, through the whole London up to the end of New York, 17 hours in total, and you can watch it all in less than 45 minutes. You can reminisce about your own trading from that day and the most importantly you can see what this thing was doing and showing at that time and, as TRO would say, you can ponder how it may have been helpful in your trading. If you do that long enough you should be able to figure out how to use it to your own benefit. And if not then, well, no harm done.

Edited by udc

udc,

the olive/yellow horizontal lines you show on the live 'dashboard' represent data from CME?

They look like high volume lines, can you confirm?

Also, without going into too much detail, can you disclose what the difference is between 'variant A' and 'variant B'...?

Update to all those interested: I have fixed the OBEL-engine and have received permission from udc to share it here. Currently finishing testing for all instruments and I hope to post it soon here.

Cheers, S.

The yellowish (yellow/gold/sand/brown) lines are the UDC Levels. I've made two different variants of the algorithm that can't be "averaged" together (or more precisely - so far all my attempts to do so failed) so I simply keep them separate (which makes them even more interesting when/if they actually converge). UDC Levels is my attempt at quote stream reverse engineering, nothing to do with CME whatsoever.

I know it probably sounds crazy to you (reverse engineering what? from what? back into what?) and whatever I would say would be just unverifiable words anyway, so let me just say one thing: I am not dead nor dying yet but this will probably be considered my lifetime work from market data analysis field. I could write papers on that but it would be gibberish for many. For quite a long time I was scouting all available resources (various source codes, documentations, theories, quantum finance research, forums and various talks) and so far haven't found not even a mention about any algorithm similar to what I created, so it seems to be indeed an original idea. But there is still a chance something will pop up later when I officially come forward with it.

However at the end of the day it doesn't really matter what it is or what I say or claim about it, all what matters is what it does and the most importantly how/if it can help you. So just watch it, a picture is worth a thousand words anyway.

The whole right half of the picture is the currency pairs reversed back into individual currencies. That idea is neither new nor revolutionary, but it differs from the existing ones in its implementation. They all are using very primitive calculations bearing several fundamental flaws, they are inaccurate and don't compare apples to apples. I developed the first draft of my version in 2007 and this is its current form. Still, it could be improved even further. But again, forget what I say and just watch it. Here is a tip for an unorthodox use of this thing: use it as a screen-saver! No, but seriously, I like to watch how the big players are shifting their billions from one currency to another. Who gives you such information, and in the real-time at that?

Cyan/magenta lines/dots and green/red lines/dots should be obvious for every seasoned OBEList here. All the rest is just a decoration, not part of the offer.

UDC FAT status update

Hi everyone,

I am getting some feedback on the UDC FAT (forex analysis technology) preview I gave you an early access to, so I just thought I would answer some common questions here instead of answering the mails individually.

More pairs

As this is a preview (a proof of concept, if you will), and a temporary one at that, I don't plan on adding more pairs into the picture at this time.

What are those 2 oscillators on H1 charts

That's part of the "decoration" for those indicator maniacs who feel lost without having at least a couple of indicators. They are also the only pieces of code not programmed solely by me as I am using in them some algorithms I downloaded off the Internet. You maybe also noticed by now that these indicators are flashing red or green sometimes, that's based on a few conditions I put in and definitely shouldn't be taken too seriously (as all the indicators in general should not).

Changes in the picture

Actually there is one I was thinking about. The tick chart in the upper left corner is the ideal place for some real-time information. I was thinking about showing there the real-time quotes and/or the depth of market from 6E futures (adjusted to spot FX), and possibly also quote/DOM from some other market data providers I have access to. But I will have to think it through first. Maybe to avoid some possible legal issues I will just somewhat "sum" the data from various providers together and show only a single additional quote and DOM, that way no one would be able to say whose data I am using. Also, maybe I won't put it in the existing tick chart but instead make the currencies chart more narrow (from showing 13 minutes to showing only 10) and make a new big tick chart on the right side.

Faster screen update

At the moment the update interval is 2 seconds and considering the other delays the final picture you get on your screen may show the data from as late as 5 seconds ago. That makes it not really real-time, I know, but even if you are scalping it might still be helpful despite this delay. To make it faster it would have to be changed from serving a PNG picture to streaming a H264 video and it makes no sense to spend time doing that as the whole point of this is only to demonstrate how the technology works and visualize the data it produces. I know I am somewhat raping Metatrader for this purpose and indeed several times I was considering using some of countless freely available charting libraries instead, but at this time I think I will just leave it be.

How much longer will it be available (for free)

Well, I guess on production side you don't see much happening except some occasional failure, although you may noticed that the videos are being encoded and uploaded to YouTube much faster since the last Friday, but there is still a lot of work on the development side. It will take at least 1 more month before I will be able to make this official. What will happen then I really can't predict, but what I expect to happen is months of negotiations and further work before it will be licensed to someone and probably another x months before that someone will start offering it to the retail.

However I was thinking that it would be probably a wise move to prepare in advance some sample codes of a client software so that it would be easier for system integrators. What that means to you is that at some point I will give you a client software package (at first phase it will be some mq4 files for Metatrader) that will be getting the real-time data from my servers at a rate, let's say, twice per second, and draw what you can see now from the picture (or most of it) on your charts. Sounds cool?