Power levels trading

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read all the threat again...

On EU th level of 1.3736, 1.3762 worked well for longs, and 1.3827 is working out now for short.

Yesterday, Kraven had a few more levels, so I was interested in his methodology. If he could expand on it, that would b apreciated.

I also tried to get levels for GU, but they were miles away from anywhere. Why would GU levels not work??

Thanks.

hello pardy

EU levels for today were/are

major:

3628 (should be a good one)

minor:

these are not exact (give or take 4pips??), trade them as you will, and remember these are what i call 'levels of importance' nothing more...........this method also works for GU (all pairs).....monitor them today and if your still interested i'll post or pm you tonight (as this thread has went more towards cots and reports etc) when i have more time....oops missed out 3830

Edited by kraven

hello pardy

EU levels for today were/are

major:

3628 (should be a good one)

minor:

these are not exact (give or take 4pips??), trade them as you will, and remember these are what i call 'levels of importance' nothing more...........this method also works for GU (all pairs).....monitor them today and if your still interested i'll post or pm you tonight (as this thread has went more towards cots and reports etc) when i have more time....oops missed out 3830

Have sent u a pm.

hello pardy

this method also works for GU (all pairs).....monitor them today and if your still interested i'll post or pm you tonight (as this thread has went more towards cots and reports etc) when i have more time....oops missed out 3830

Hi Kraven, could you please share your method for making these calculations here?

no problem..............these are purely daily time frame levels.......nothing complicated.......but on normal days (no big BOE or FED news) are pretty accurate upto 4-5pips

hit .3764 just now and heading south like by magic! Still not clear how you have worked out these figures though?

no problem..............these are purely daily time frame levels.......nothing complicated.......but on normal days (no big BOE or FED news) are pretty accurate upto 4-5pips

When you say daily levels are you saying these are swing point highs and lows on a daily chart? This would make a lot more sense to me than levels based on higher open interest option strikes +/- the option premium...

I think important "levels" would be swing points on Monthly, Weekly, Daily, 4hr and perhaps 1hr because these have been actual areas where price has found resistance or support and reversed. The level would have extra significance if it was a swing point low AND a swing point high (i.e. broken support became resistance) or a swing point high AND a swing point low (i.e. broken resistance became support).

(You could also include 00 and 50 numbers as "levels" as they seem to have some significance, although I don't insist on this...)

I have read through it and just went through the entire thread again. I'm quite confused. I just downloaded the +MP and +VL indicator. I attached them to my chart and don't understand what I'm looking at it.

http://i55.tinypic.com/2m4qhpy.gif

They are the distribution deals on price levels in a given time, you need to read here again ( http://www.fxcoder.ru/indicators/mpvl ) they have all the information. This tool can help us to find a good S/R levels, its all about confluence.

Hi kraven, its strange? We received almost the same price doing different calculations. Do you see the script that came together with MP and VL indicator ?

i've had a few PM's asking how i come too my 'levels of importance' (as i like to call them). If there's interest and i get some spare time (prob end of week) i'll put up a thread in the analyses section on how i get them, what i look for etc....any how someone asked me have i got some for GU...

minor:

major:

these lines stood up ok today dispite the turbulant day.

i've had a few PM's asking how i come too my 'levels of importance' (as i like to call them). If there's interest and i get some spare time (prob end of week) i'll put up a thread in the analyses section on how i get them, what i look for etc....any how someone asked me have i got some for GU...

minor:

major:

I would like to hear your explanation on how you get your numbers. Thanks

Kraven,

If you get a chance, if you could show us how you get the numbers would be helpfull

Thank you

minor:

major: