Steady Winner EA

Hello Steadywinner,

I tried emailing you with a question about your EA not working on the Broker I use but I never heard back from you. I use tadawulfx as one of my brokers but when I try using the downloaded version from your site it doesn't adjust to .05 lot increments. It just give an error message, have you fixed this on V3 or V4? I am ready to buy but im waiting to be able to use with Tadawulfx account. Please let me know if you intend to make it work with .05 lot increments.

Thanks

EzBusiness

I emailed the author and he responded by sending me a beta of version 4. That did work and Tadawulfx is now trading.

The downside is that it isn't trading very well. I used it for all of last week. There were 10 winners for a +$50. There

were 4 losers for a -$104.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As with any method you will get different results with different brokers.

I've been running v3 (full) for several weeks with very nice results on GoMarkets.

I am also running another version with no TP, SL, or TS. It runs as a SAR based solely on signals.

It show larger profits in the long run with a little larger DD.

I emailed the author and he responded by sending me a beta of version 4. That did work and Tadawulfx is now trading.

The downside is that it isn't trading very well. I used it for all of last week. There were 10 winners for a +$50. There

were 4 losers for a -$104.

Thanks Rob for answering my question, I believe those results are because of the market conditions last week. Please give us an update this week to see how your trading results go this week.

Regards

EzBusiness

As with any method you will get different results with different brokers.

I've been running v3 (full) for several weeks with very nice results on GoMarkets.

I am also running another version with no TP, SL, or TS. It runs as a SAR based solely on signals.

It show larger profits in the long run with a little larger DD.

did you edit your version?

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

Hello Steadywinner,

I tried emailing you with a question about your EA not working on the Broker I use but I never heard back from you. I use tadawulfx as one of my brokers but when I try using the downloaded version from your site it doesn't adjust to .05 lot increments. It just give an error message, have you fixed this on V3 or V4? I am ready to buy but im waiting to be able to use with Tadawulfx account. Please let me know if you intend to make it work with .05 lot increments.

Thanks

EzBusiness

The demo version on his site is limited to .01 and .02 and does not allow for a broker with higher minimum lot sizing. The full version you receive after purchase does not have this limitation.

I have to say that I bought it few months ago. Although Ming is very nice guy after few months forward test my conclusion is it is not profitable. I've tested versions from 2 to 4 and only version 2 was profitable but it's using rather large SL so it's quite dangerous. Anyway, I believe that with our help Ming can improve it and make it profitable.
forexmacc.mt4live.com

It is too soon to say. SteadyWinner EA is tested many experienced users. Most comments are favourable. The beta version V4.11 has big drawdowns. I am not going to release it. I will release V4.2 which is more consistent.

I was misled by Metatrader's backtesting function. The data from the download function, from Metaquotes I suppose, are not reliable. I have just got some more reliable historical data from a friend and am now retesting all versions.

Anyone who has reliable historical data or testing method please offer some help. I want to make sure V4.2 is more profitable before releasing it.

It is too soon to say. SteadyWinner EA is tested many experienced users. Most comments are favourable. The beta version V4.11 has big drawdowns. I am not going to release it. I will release V4.2 which is more consistent.

I was misled by Metatrader's backtesting function. The data from the download function, from Metaquotes I suppose, are not reliable. I have just got some more reliable historical data from a friend and am now retesting all versions.

Anyone who has reliable historical data or testing method please offer some help. I want to make sure V4.2 is more profitable before releasing it.

I have tick data I use for backtesting and can help. I will email you.

Use Birt's tick data @ eareview.net

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

Hi beppus

It is not like that. 50 pips is the maximum boundary. There is an internal takeprofit and stoploss. the 50 pip stoploss is not often hit. So the ratio is not 1:5, but 1:2.5.

Please read the codes CloseBuy() and CloseSell. They are fire escapes.

I am doing forward test of V4.2, download the pictures and you will see.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/xzkdz2

• 2 weeks later...
I have been running the registered version for a a little over two weeks on GoMarkets.

Sorry to say that so far it has been a steady loser.

I'll run it for a few more months, but results are not good so far.

I've tested on Go Market too and result was disappointing. But it was doing well on my Alpari UK account. So far, none of the EA that I'm using works well on Go Markets though their spread can be as tight as Alpari UK Micro account. Dun really know the reason. My Go Markets account is dormant now.

The developer recommends FXDD.

Edited by JasonKwok

• 2 weeks later...

It is under the name steadywinnerpro. I have tested the signals for a month. I have made some mistakes, and it is alright now. I want to run it some more time. Maybe open it to public next January. December is not a good month to trade. From backtest, the EA always lose in December.

I want to try to receive my signal first. I have heard that there is a lag in zulutrade's signals. I want to try it myself.

Yes. I had similar results with them. They open trades but sometimes "forget" to close the trade. When I contact ZuluTrade about this, they tell me to contact the broker. When I contact the broker, they tell me to contact ZuluTrade. This has gone on for me for over a year. When I call ZuluTrade about this, they always say "This has never happened before". But, then when I tell them that I have personally put in written complaints with them for over a year on this single issue, they say that they are "sorry" to hear this. But, never fix the problem. I believe that the ZuluTrade concept is very good idea, but, their technical problems never seem to get fixed... And I blew my account over 5 times, because they allowed a winning trade to turn into a losing trade. Because the sell signal was not relayed to the broker, or because the broker ignored the signal. :(

steadywinner... check this................ http://stevetrade.wordpress.com/zulutrade/

Zulutrade is not reliable