[REQ] Ultimate-Market-Harmonics

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally I managed to get the admin of the www site stb3000 suggested to wave me into the site and got me registered. Just paid and downloaded it. Hot off the shelf. Anyone going to hug me?

Also I haven't tried it yet, so I appreciate feedback and how to make full use of it.

http://www.multiupload.com/7UQW0R9K90

Edited by hedgehog

Heck Dark Messiah, I wish I knew! I just got this as well. I think it works on harmonics (Gartley, Bat, Crab, Butterfly) and it uses some neural network to 'predict' future movements. Works similar to its sister, Trend Predictor Pro I think. That one uses Fourier transform. I think you need to read this in one of those quantitative trading books (Inside the Black Box comes to mind. Google or Wiki Fourier transform, or looks for the book here).

I so do hope the kind folks here at I.I. will be able to play around with it and post their findings here (they usually do :) ). We'll have to learn this together by trial and error.

Or fly blind. When it says BUY and have all stars, just go LONG. And when it says SELL and have all stars, just go SHORT. Not recommended though.

Heck Dark Messiah, I wish I knew! I just got this as well. I think it works on harmonics (Gartley, Bat, Crab, Butterfly) and it uses some neural network to 'predict' future movements. Works similar to its sister, Trend Predictor Pro I think. That one uses Fourier transform. I think you need to read this in one of those quantitative trading books (Inside the Black Box comes to mind. Google or Wiki Fourier transform, or looks for the book here).

I so do hope the kind folks here at I.I. will be able to play around with it and post their findings here (they usually do :) ). We'll have to learn this together by trial and error.

Or fly blind. When it says BUY and have all stars, just go LONG. And when it says SELL and have all stars, just go SHORT. Not recommended though.

thanks in advance i ask my q in the picture my miss understanding is color and line what are they try to say me

http://img105.herosh.com/2010/10/03/177896025.png

thanks in advance :x

There's nothing amazing here. He copied from my buddy at korharmonics at www.TradingArsenal.com and http://tradegartleypattern.blogspot.com I am notifying author of korharmonics of this.

Bigpin, as I know it KorHarmonics doesn't have a neural nets engine and doesn't predict, am I correct on this? If so, can you post the same indicator here? Thanks.

Finally I managed to get the admin of the www site stb3000 suggested to wave me into the site and got me registered. Just paid and downloaded it. Hot off the shelf. Anyone going to hug me?

Also I haven't tried it yet, so I appreciate feedback and how to make full use of it.

http://www.multiupload.com/7UQW0R9K90

As much as I like hedgehogs I wouldn't like to hug one...........So I'll just say a big thank you.

DMF:

I can't help you much I am sorry. I wish there was a detailed manual or someone who has vast experience using this. There is a graphic, and I hope it will help. Also with regards to the green, yellow and red dots, I presume those are the forecast price points, utilizing Fourier Transform. That was also used in their Trend Predictor Pro of which the other graphic I uploaded from their site.

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/3429/harmonics.gif

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/1724/trendpredictorftmanual.jpg

OK. From what I can tell, there are two indicators that are supposed to be installed (a) HarmonicPatterns V1.1.mq4 and (b) Ultimate Market Harmonics.mq4. Put both in your indicator folder and upon re-starting MT4, drag both of these indicators onto your charts. (a) will give you the upper left hand side data and (b) will give you the predictions.

I am still observing it to see if it actually predicts or pretend to predict :)

Sorry folks I was too busy trading to keep my eyes on it today.

I am looking at this thing on different time frames. Usually Harmonics are quite reliable on H4 and up.

Am looking at GBPUSD and on M5 there was a bullish bat that failed. on M15 a bearish bat is forming. M30 there was a failed bullish bat that got stopped out. A good bullish bat on H1 that hit TP. on H4 there was a failed bearish bat that hit SL. On daily there was also a loss making bearish bat. On weekly there was a bullish bat that got stopped out.

So I am not too sure if this thing is predicting or even drawing the patterns correctly. With one pair and the amount of failed predictions and bad patterns an stop losses, I am amaze that the creator can claim over 90% success rate!!!!!!!

For some bizarre reasons, when I tried this out this morning, and put both indicators on my charts, I can only show one of the indicators at any one time, but not both at the same time. In other words, I need 2 separate charts in order to see both indicators working. Does anyone else have this problem or have a solution to fix this?

Has anyone noticed that the harmonic patterns indicator can semi-repaint? [the indicator that gives the prices for buy, target, and stoploss at the top left corner of the chart]

As I was watching the charts just now, I notice there was a Bullish set-up just hit SL on the M15 GBPUSD chart, the signal has 4 stars in terms of strength of signal. Then there is a new signal with a much tighter TP and SL, a 3 stars signal, which hit its intended TP. However, the winning signal disappeared, replaced with the old signal which already had a loss. After another 15 minutes or so, then the signal once again changed to the winning one. Except, or course, by the time this signal showed, the TP was already reached couple of bars ago. Just kind of strange.

joeytrader,

That was why I said it'd be good to observe how the signals are given and I mentioned earlier to see if this thing predicts or pretend to predict.

One thing is due to market dynamics, i.e. this is not back-testing with a set of prices but with unknown price action in the future, therefore the final point for the harmonic pattern is still moving and even patterns can change from butterfly to bat to crab, etc. That is why I think, it would perform best in higher time frame (H4 and above).

And I believe we need more confirmation tools to trade and not just rely on one indicator. And even the best indicator, EXPERIENCE, can screw up as well. In trading we have to take our losses and profits with stride and not grumble about it. Just move on. I am saying this in a general context and not in any way putting down anyone or any indicator, system or otherwise.

Hi hedgehog, thanks for your sharing and for you comments.

Re-reading my previous post, perhaps I did sound a bit like a grumbling old man. Sorry, that was not my intention, especially when I have not lost any real money behind this yet.

I thought, as you suggested, it is good to share observations of how the indicator performs, so my posting was merely an observation of some behavior of the indicator that I initially did not expect. By knowing the idiosyncrasy of how a particular indicator behaves can only help in making a better final trading decision.

Anyway, also agree with you lower time frame has perhaps too much noise to work reliably without additional filters. Unfortunately, for my trading style, I trade mostly on the M15 to M5 timeframe. So I can only use this as additional filter to signals already generated from other methods.

On your suggestion for additional confirmation tools, although not directly related to this indicator, I found the following web page first mentioned by bigpipn in post#33 to give some good ideas for confirmation in trading harmonics type signals:

http://tradegartleypattern.blogspot.com/

In fact, even in the M15 timeframe, I have already taken 2 profitable scalps today, one with the Ultim@te M@rket Harmonics signal, and the other one is with the KorH@rmonics indicator (the test version downloaded free, also see bigpin's post #33). Two different patterns from two different indicators, in 2 different trades. Both trades were using the harmonics pattern signals as additional confirmation to bounces or breakout from support/resistance type trade. So far, so good. I do not take trade from the harmonics pattern in isolation by themselves.

Edited by joeytrader

Hi hedgehog, thanks for your sharing and for you comments.

Re-reading my previous post, perhaps I did sound a bit like a grumbling old man. Sorry, that was not my intention, especially when I have not lost any real money behind this yet.

I thought, as you suggested, it is good to share observations of how the indicator performs, so my posting was merely an observation of some behavior of the indicator that I initially did not expect. By knowing the idiosyncrasy of how a particular indicator behaves can only help in making a better final trading decision.

Anyway, also agree with you lower time frame has perhaps too much noise to work reliably without additional filters. Unfortunately, for my trading style, I trade mostly on the M15 to M5 timeframe. So I can only use this as additional filter to signals already generated from other methods.

On your suggestion for additional confirmation tools, although not directly related to this indicator, I found the following web page first mentioned by bigpipn in post#33 to give some good ideas for confirmation in trading harmonics type signals:

http://tradegartleypattern.blogspot.com/

In fact, even in the M15 timeframe, I have already taken 2 profitable scalps today, one with the Ultim@te M@rket Harmonics signal, and the other one is with the KorH@rmonics indicator (the test version downloaded free, also see bigpin's post #33). Two different patterns from two different indicators, in 2 different trades. Both trades were using the harmonics pattern signals as additional confirmation to bounces or breakout from support/resistance type trade. So far, so good. I do not take trade from the harmonics pattern in isolation by themselves.

Joeytrader:

I did not mean to point the finger at you, but if you read my post, I said in GENERAL. From what I read a lot of people are relying excessively on indicators, when it works they rejoice but when it goes against them they complain.

Also I agree with you and we are here to share and find out what's good and what's not.

And congratulations on your profitable venture today using harmonics. I am trying (very hard) to read Scott Carney's books, Harmonic Trading Vol 1 & 2. Man, they are thick but I think well researched. Will jump in after I finish with Jason Perl's DeMark Indicator book. I subscribe more to DeMark than anything.

Make more harmonic money, Joeytrader!! :)

Does anyone have a template for this? I added the HarmonicPatternsv1.1 and done as per instructions, it worked ok

BUT

When I added Ultimate Market Harmonics onto the same chart, HarmonicPatternsv1.1 didnt display?

Also my charts looks like this ??

http://i55.tinypic.com/vxey38.jpg

Can someone please help me out, or better still please send me their template

thanks

Hi, tellMe, I have the same problem too, and do not know how to fix it.

My own get-around at first was to put 2 indicators separately on 2 separate charts, which takes up extra screen space. But after a while, I notice I only pay attention to the indicator HarmonicPatternsv1.1, and not the other one. (I cannot understand how to read the rainbow fan). So now I only use the HarmonicPatterns. (as support to my regular trading set-ups).

But that is just my take.