Smart Scalper 1.1

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noticed that the risk reward ratio is 1:1.

After a losing trade, it will enter the next trade with twice the lot size of the preceding losing trade. We saw 0.01, then 0.02, then 0.04 and then 0.08.... Once the trade is a winner, the lot size for the next trade will resume at 0.01. Guess this multiple lot sizing should be configurable.

The price tag of USD 349 with one year free update is a bit pricey. We did not notice any 30 or 60 Days refund. Please share if you have, thanks.

Noticed that the risk reward ratio is 1:1.
Are you looking at a different EA?

Take profit distance = 10 pips

Stop loss distance = 150 pips

After a losing trade, it will enter the next trade with twice the lot size of the preceding losing trade. We saw 0.01, then 0.02, then 0.04 and then 0.08.... Once the trade is a winner, the lot size for the next trade will resume at 0.01. Guess this multiple lot sizing should be configurable.
I don't see this trade size progression. In the backtests it's 0.3 lots, becoming 0.4 lots as equity increased. Are you looking at the same EA?

Are you looking at a different EA?

Take profit distance = 10 pips

Stop loss distance = 150 pips

I don't see this trade size progression. In the backtests it's 0.3 lots, becoming 0.4 lots as equity increased. Are you looking at the same EA?

O dear, I was looking at their Tortoise 2.1 EA. So embarrassing. :-) They are willing to let me have the Investor Password to their live account if I insisted. Looks good.

Edit: I have started a new thread on their Tortoise 2.1 EA.

Edited by JasonKwok

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

I was under the impression that back-testing has little meaning?

That only true demo/live forward testing is the true measure of performance?

Since any testing is generally no way indicative of future performance.

Shagin

its an account blower,, anything that uses such missed up ratio is a loser.

The fact they have only presented less than a year backtest means that they are hiding the rest.

If this EA does backtest good for a longer time period, then they would have diffenately posted the rest of the results.

Edited by shag1

Is that educated rolando?

what should we use: the "Smart Scalper 1.1.3 Hidden SL" or the normal, on a ecn account?

this version is working fine on a demo or in a real account.... but it dont backtest verywell because of the indicators.... you can read a lot of comments about this EA in the forum of Myfxbook.com:

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/MQLHome/smart-scalper-11/34421

This EA is a mini Tortoise the martingdale EA that they used to sell and recently was pulled of because clients kept blowing up their accounts. This is not as risky but is has considerable risk. It open a position with 150 pip SL and if the market goes against it it opens another position with same lotzise and same SL. This is fine and dandy but if the market keeps going against it it open a third position with triple (yes you read correctly!) lotzise and 150 SL. At this point if the SL is hit the loss will be huge. This is the downside of it but lets give it some credit over most EAs of this type which blow accounts like mad and have no consideration for the client's money.

Cheers