F0ReX G@ambit

hi guys , I came accross this forum and I have downloaded many systems that I was curious to try but did not have money to buy , well I have bought a new system lately it's called F0Rex G@ambit and I wanted to share it with you , I have not tried it yet ,

please enjoy and continue sharing

replace the X and the @ !!

hxxp://[email protected]/document/JjK-3HGz/fx-m@[email protected]

cheers!

Edited by sousou

Thanks for share. But the author wrote the ebook like he was writing a doctorate thesis for the university, very difficult to follow. The way I understand it, it is a trend following system, buying the dips in a uptrend, and selling the rally in a downtrend, using BBand levels, as well as some price action, to determine entry and exit. I think he is describing using a semi-pin-bar as a trigger to enter trade. The wagering logic and the staking plan are the areas that I am kinda lost.

I asked for my money back , I could not understand a thing ! lol and the yahoo group has 1 member only and it 's ...... the author lol

this guy is a PHD and wrote an article in Stocks &Commoditities magazine , after reading the article I said why not buy the system it looks very promising , well I found out that the ebook is too complicated and I could not find value in it , I am sharing it so no one will buy it too :)

have a great week-end !

sousou

• 3 weeks later...

Based on some of the previous comments, I was expecting to see a lot of university level statistics in the book, but it actually turned out to be fairly simple, with no strange Greek symbols, and it's just 21 pages!

If you want to see some really deep mathematical stuff you should check out some Quantitative Finance / Econometrics books and academic research; I'm still trying to get into it, after downloading hundreds of books and research papers... I'm a wanna-be "Quant".

Based on some of the previous comments, I was expecting to see a lot of university level statistics in the book, but it actually turned out to be fairly simple, with no strange Greek symbols, and it's just 21 pages!

If you want to see some really deep mathematical stuff you should check out some Quantitative Finance / Econometrics books and academic research; I'm still trying to get into it, after downloading hundreds of books and research papers... I'm a wanna-be "Quant".

Good for you to understand the author, hyperdimension. Perhaps my brain is no longer as nimble as when I was younger, I just couldn't get it. It would be wonderful if you could share your understanding of what the author is trying to teach us? I am interested in learning, but it is just a bit over my head. I am particularly confused about the author's wagering and staking logic/plan.

I am particularly confused about the author's wagering and staking logic/plan.
Do you mean this section?:

The Betting Algorithm

$200.00 of your account is specified as your Reserve. $100.00 of your account is specified as your fractional betting equity, or FB for short.

Define the risk on your trade. Risk on the trade is the difference between your market entry price and your stop-loss protective order. If the difference between your entry price and stop-loss is 54 ticks/pips/points. Your risk is 54.

Whenever the FB is large enough we will bet fractionally:

Risk 15% of the FB on the trade.

If your FB is $100.00, and your risk is 54, and the pip value of 1 lot is .10 (10 cents), 54 x .10 = $5.40. $5.40 x 3 is $16.20, close to 15% of your FB. So, you would trade 3 lots.

If your FB drops to a level were 15% risk would be less than or equal to 1 lot, trade only 1 lot. Continue to trade only 1 lot until your FB increases to the point where you can once again trade multiple lots.

As your FB increases, bet 15% of the new FB.

It is simply trade sizing such that no more than 15% of the Fractional Bet (FB) amount will be lost if the stop loss is hit. His calculation is backwards however, and his definition of one "lot" is actually a micro lot (1000 units of base currency).

Using his example values, if FB = 100 USD then you would only want to lose 15 USD if the trade hits the stop loss.

The stop loss distance is 54 pips.

A 1 pip movement in the price causes a change of 0.1 USD to your profit if you had 1 micro lot open.

So the right trade size would be: 15 / (54 * 0.1) = 2.78 micro lots.

For me the FB part was the straightforward bit. The problem is that the FB position sizing algorithm is contingent on the mathematical expectation of the entry/exit system which itself suggests the system would be successful 75% of the time giving a profit/risk factor of 6:1. - that's a heavy contingency.. OK, it may not be the Black-Scholes model but this stuff gets kinda painful if you're not predisposed to it. But being as trading is pretty much a probabilistic exercise then I guess it's healthy for traders to look at things this way once in a while.

Just wondering, have you been testing or using this author's method? Is it valid or profitable?
I haven't thought about the actual strategy much, so I don't have much to say about it.

I originally was interested in taking a look when you claimed that it was written like a university doctorate thesis, only to find that it was very informally and sloppily written in just 21 pages, and because of this I have some doubts to whether the author does actually have a PhD.

Anyway, it could still be worth testing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...