System from www.pipclub.com

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
hii

Has anyone got system from www.pipclub.com

system are SHREDDERFX-30 and SHREDDERFX-240

Thanks who will share..

cheers

They call their indi :Harmonic Wave Convergence.

http://a.imageshack.us/img689/3583/pipclubhwcin5stepsd.jpg

Anyone got it? thanks to sharer!

I was on their webinar earlier this week but had to leave early. My initial thoughts were that the concept makes sense in theory - although personally I don't think there is such a thing as a "leading" indicator. The old vs new paradigm he goes on about I don't believe is a huge deal - some concepts were valid and some were common sense.

Their webinar recordings are here: hxxp://www.pipclub.c0m/HWC/

And website info: hxxp://www.pipclub.c0m/ShredderFX/

** replace 'xx' and '0' **

• 2 months later...

multiwave indicator

This indicator may already be expired....so it might need to be educated ....I don't know if Steve's trading systems work or not.....but at the time (about 5 years or so)...he used a countertrend method....10 pip sl.....but it incurred alot of losses before hitting the "home run." At the time...it was alot of HYPE....don't know if he improved the strategy or not.....

http://www.multiupload.com/W4MDQJWQ33

Edited by rick

A basic way of using this indicator is when all the lines converge together at the top or bottom it indicates the market is about to turn. I ploted it and see it works at times, when the range is small but doesn't work as well during strong trends, as many of these type indicators do. Whether there is another filter etc. in the full course is yet to be known yet. Like most of you $2000 is a lot to find out

A friend of mine programmed ALL of his indicators a few years back.....he was an adamant follower of Steve Gregor's systems but was not happy with the trading results....he now only trades futures with ninja trader and is doing quite well....his criticism at the time was that the system used countertrend entries...with a 10 pip stop loss....you would incur alot of losses on the way to hitting the "home run." I don't know if he has since improved his technique, but Steve is a very good marketer....

Yes, he is such a good marketer that he makes you feel that his system is the holy grail. On his site at
http://www.pipclub.com/ShredderFX/

he talks about growing a live account from $250 to $1071.37 (ROI of 328%) in the first month, then to $2443.01 (ROIs of 128%) by the end of the 2nd month and to $4499.70 (ROI of 84%) by the end of the third month. That's $4250 gain and an ROI of 1700% in three months - Amazing if true but that doesn't say much about his character if that is a lie. I suppose that is possible but what happened in the fourth, fifth and sixth months -- what is the max drawdown of his system?

Edited by global

Yes, he is such a good marketer that he makes you feel that his system is the holy grail. On his site at
http://www.pipclub.com/ShredderFX/

he talks about growing a live account from $250 to $1071.37 (ROI of 328%) in the first month, then to $2443.01 (ROIs of 128%) by the end of the 2nd month and to $4499.70 (ROI of 84%) by the end of the third month. That's $4250 gain and an ROI of 1700% in three months - Amazing if true but that doesn't say much about his character if that is a lie. I suppose that is possible but what happened in the fourth, fifth and sixth months -- what is the max drawdown of his system?

Like I stated before....he does make exorbitant claims (marketing)....but I know people who were affiliated and associated with him and they don't have very nice things to say about him...and they no longer have anything to do with him...and NO, they were not making those kinds of outlandish figures that he advertises...believe me, they would've looked the other way if his systems were working and would've stuck it out....NUFF said, I think!

Rick, check this out:

Steve G's latest...

I believe it is just another way for him to "market" the same system he has been trying to push for the past few years just using a different angle to explain it. He's also trying to sell Intellicharts with his own proprietary indicators by saying MT4 is no good for trading forex.

His Harmonic Wave Convergence indicator is simply an RSI-3 from the 5-min timeframe transposed onto an RSI-3 from the 30-min timeframe. Its meant to be traded off live candles from the 30-min timeframe using a fixed set of targets that consist of Camarilla lines, fibonacci sequence values based off crossing of EMA62, fibo grid lines, and a few others. The charts are so cluttered with lines that any market turning point has a good chance of turning around on or close to one of the lines. He always talked about "lifestyle" trading (not being married to the charts), but all his systems require extensive time at the charts to catch the moves since entries are off live candles.

FYI, I was once affiliated with him and part of a trading team he put together. I no longer trade any of his strategies for the reasons you've already pointed out. I literally wasted 1-1/2 yrs trying to learn & trade with him. Wish I could have that time back.... He also owed me money which I finally wrote off several years ago after I cut my ties to him. Steve was also originally part of FX-Trainer which in my opinion scammed many people, including myself, out of thousands each. I don't think Steve was actually involved with the scamming, but he had grown a good size business from his dealings with them. I don't hold a grudge against him, I simply cut my losses and moved on.

Here is a link to his original Power62 trading system based off the 5/13/62 model by Booker. The system is broken down into parts on the left hand side of the screen.

BTW Rick, there is a good chance we may know each other ;-).

A message to anyone reading this: STOP looking for the holy grail and learn to read the market, then trade price action and stick to your plan. You'll actually have a shot at success that way.

skid

Hey Skid....felt like I was having a past life regression for a moment when you were describing Steve's Madness...he burned my programming/trading buddy for some scratch as well....if he's making all those pips...why does he need to burn people/and or sell systems...btw....were you ever living in Vegas? We had a trading group that met weekly there... we were never affiliated with Steve...but my friend was and that's where I received all this feedback. Have to admit....my friend is very intelligent, but Steve had him sold hook, line, sinker for a while

LC??? Never met him but my friend always mentioned him..and he said that you guys had formed a group...yep...the circles keep getting smaller and smaller with the internet...nice to meet you!

Can't say that I cared too much for the power 62 setups, etc.....you hit the nail on the head describing the camarilla lines, elliot waves, fibs, ad nauseum....the charts were a bit cluttered to say the least!

I hope we saved some people some serious money by warning them about good ole Steve...he's got some people drooling with his recent webinar that he held "exclusively" for "askjeffwilde.com"

Jeff just became an AFFILIATE and is bringing a very large following with him......I'm getting daily solicitations from Jeff now....something he would never do before....oh well...must be getting close to XMAS :)

Edited by rick

Looks like good ol Jeff was mesmerized or maybe he just wants to make an extra buck. If or when Jeff's followers eventually find out that Steve's system is misleading they may stop listening to him. I respect Jeff but now I'll have to a bit more careful about quickly accepting his advice.

Looks like good ol Jeff was mesmerized or maybe he just wants to make an extra buck. If or when Jeff's followers eventually find out that Steve's system is misleading they may stop listening to him. I respect Jeff but now I'll have to a bit more careful about quickly accepting his advice.

What's really pathetic is that Steve needs Jeff (his followers) more than Jeff needs Steve....but Jeff is shelling out $$$$ for his rubbish! But Jeff stands to make it all back plus some, with his Affiliate status....I emailed Jeff and asked him why he doesn't test out the system first and then start solicitating and affiliating and his response was that he plans to incorporate Steve's methods with his own strategies...but Jeff is leaving that part out in his solicitations....he's touting this as the holy grail IMO...

Oh well...."When do you know that you've had ENUF?.....When you've had MORE than ENUF!:)

Good ole Jeff sent out a link to the recorded webinar that happened just earlier this week, plus the purchase link (of course with him as affiliate). So if anyone has either $2000 burning in your pocket, or 3.5 hours of nothing better to do than watching a webinar, here is the link:

http://pipclub.com/askjeffwilde/now.html

Although I like the logic of trading based on alignment of price cycles on different timeframe/wavelength (the core idea itself is not new), I am not convinced that it is worth $2000 to learn it, or that I cannot use Metatrader to trade the system. Perhaps I am either cheap, or does not like to have on-going expenses, I simply do not like the idea of being forced to pay subscription monthly to run his indicators on a non-familiar charting software.

His reasons given on the webinar for not using Metatrader sounded weak to me. Basically, he says Metatrader is bad because: (1) different brokers use different GMT offset time, so indicators based on end-of-day data do not align across different brokers, and (2) Metatrader will have price gaps, which is bad for his method, while his charting software will not show price gaps.

For me, I think this is very weak excuse, because:

(1) on the issue of Metatrader broker time, although I am no programmer, I have seen enough indicators to know it is possible to have coded indicators to have an additional parameter to adjust the GMT offset time to fit the individual broker; and

(2) on price gap, not sure if he is referring to weekend gaps, or normal trading period price gaps. But either case, I think that is a nature of the actual price movement in the market anyway. For example, if price spike very quickly in-between 2 candles, perhaps on Metatrader it may show a price gap from one candle to the next. In contrast, perhaps his software chart the candles of this price spike without showing a "gap". Maybe this will affect the calculation of his indicators. But I very much doubt such "gap" versus "no gap" occurrences and magnitude are frequent or big enough to seriously affect the results from one charting platform versus another.

But I have no actual experience with his system or his charting software. So just my layman's perspective.

• 1 month later...