[REG] fibonacci trading system

joeytrader,

What was your experience using this system? In summary it seems to look at bars/candles which close at previous day's fibo levels (from previous high to low), then set pending orders both ways above and below that bar/candle. Stop loss is below the "singal" bar (the one that touches the fibo level) and once the order is hit it either hits sl or is trailed by a trendline. System seems ok, although I wonder if the creator trades this way himself. By the way, what type of strategy do you use now?

To be honest, when I first used this system and then left it, it was during a stage of my early trading period which I would call "indicator-based trend-following" style of trading. So I never really gave this Fibo system the full attention it may or may not deserve. My problem at that time was I had trouble following the author's style of presentation of his system, English not my native language, I had trouble understanding it, and I also only had mixed results on those days I tried to test out this system. So eventually I put it into my archive folder, and left it there, thinking one day, when I am back to fibbo type of trading, I can check this out again.

After my early stage of adding indicators to my charts to the point of seeing X'mas tree on my chart, I have now slowly moved away from indicator based trend-following system, to more of a pivot point based breakout style of trading. My charts are far cleaner now too.

All this time, I have always kept a small portion of my equity doing nothing but to test out different systems (good thing Oanda allows any size of trade). For example, in addition to my main current trading of pivot point breakout trades, I am also running test on the Boss system (on another thread in this forum), a London morning break-out type of system, and the Net trap system, another morning break-out system. That is in addition to eye-balling results on many systems that come through this forum. I love this forum for that, it allows me to "kick the tyre" before deciding if a new strategy works.

As I have been slowly improving my strike rate with my own pivot-breakout trading, I assume if I continue to use pivot levels for my trading, it is not a great leap for me to start looking at fibbo as another tool also. Not sure if I answered your question.

System seems ok, although I wonder if the creator trades this way himself.

Like you, I am not sure if the author himself trades this either.

The reason I think that is after doing a little bit of research, I have found that the author (Tony) and his group has produced and were selling a number of systems and signal services. The ones I know of (the last time I checked were about 1/2 year ago), in addition to the current Fibby Day Dominator, there are:

http://forexflashtrading.com/

http://www.stackersforex.com/

http://www.fxstreme.com/

http://forextimetradingmachine.com/

I have not tried any of these, so cannot vouch for their goodness or badness. Although their individual sales pages and result pages all looked impressive; but I tend to shy away from anyone I suspect who spends more time selling products/services than trading themselves. Just my own bias. I would rather learn from someone who is very good at a single thing, than from someone who seems to have shot-gun approach in terms of strategy/system. If there is a very good strategy/method that works, why bother with so many others anyway? May be this is just my immature newbie logic.

joeytrader,

I think this "trader" caught the bug of selling so called "systems" as I looked at them and honestly the look like all other bs. Notice that they all show examples on previous data which is really easy to do for anyone even without a system. What I think separates junk from real is that real systems show live trade examples or at least have some of them. I think you can even play pivot points the same way as he describes fibonacci and get even better results.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...