(REQ) 1 minute daily

well once again we have a growing 'breakout channel' of 70+. this is on the back of good Euro data, still tradeable though. At 9:30 uk retail sales are due, it may be worth trading 15mins after this, then we'll have a better idea of GU direction until US data comes out at 13:30

ED; look at that 9:30 candle go (uk retail sales). i've enter at .5225 (used a 10pm to 9am channel breakout), box size 71 so looking for 71 pips already 30up so SL to BE

ED; now at 50 so sl to +20

i'll stop posting my trades cause i don't want to make this a trading thread.

Edited by kraven

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gentlemen, sorted out all my time problems. Made up my indi and have yesterday's pic to show you if I holds out. Lots of messing about but got it!!

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac341/freddieforII/2106.jpg

Watching that candle.

Freddie

Edited by Freddie
added pic

well once again we have a growing 'breakout channel' of 70+. this is on the back of good Euro data, still tradeable though. At 9:30 uk retail sales are due, it may be worth trading 15mins after this, then we'll have a better idea of GU direction until US data comes out at 13:30

ED; look at that 9:30 candle go (uk retail sales). i've enter at .5225 (used a 10pm to 9am channel breakout), box size 71 so looking for 71 pips already 30up so SL to BE

ED; now at 50 so sl to +20

i'll stop posting my trades cause i don't want to make this a trading thread.

Excellent Kraven well done.I missed the trade as my charts were down...server probs. apparently.But i enterd at the normal 10 am BO and my channel is 100 pips plus!Missed the boat I think.

Maybe we should open another thread as I like this idea and also posting trades and charts if we have time is good.

Also Freddie has his postings too with his Indi.

Maybe we open a thread Break Out systems and ideas and we can post whatever then.Any thoughts guys?

Gentlemen, sorted out all my time problems. Made up my indi and have yesterday's pic to show you if I holds out. Lots of messing about but got it!!

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac341/freddieforII/2106.jpg

Watching that candle.

Freddie

Good result overall Freddie.This was yesterday,yes?Can you tell us the time settings again and which Indi you are using.

if you want to start a thread pauli i'll participate, hopefully we can keep the thread busy, nothing worse then a quiet thread. it gets lonely being a fulltime trader. And it's the only 2 systems i trade (news and brakeout) so why not.

freddie what was you time on chart. when i trade data new's i always draw a channel before. sometimes i trade the next 15min candle sometimes (like today) i trade breakout of the channel.

i have a few breakout indi's somewhere, they all do the same thing, i'll dig them out.

going to the gym now so exited trade for +68

Edited by kraven

I'd be happy to join a breakout thread.

My indi is showing in the top RH corner it is 'ant_GUBreakout V O 4 by andee'.

I do not want to get into an argumant about times: it shows as 12 - 1230 and is 10 - 1030 BST. I checked with where I am and what showed on the chart. Working it out with + and - GMT plus the bit on the indi gets me confused so I do it the 'concrete' way.

If it was 0900 to 9030 I would still be in the news area that Kraven spoke of.

I have tracked the breakout back over the last couple of weeks and it is a winner. Few of times it only got above 40. I can post the numbers if you wish.

Freddie

Hi Freddie,

There can be no argument about times if everyone quotes times as Greenwich Mean Time(GMT). This is because GMT never changes.

Here are some examples:

Alpari UK and GoMarkets both have server times at GMT+2

If MT4 time = 12:00

UK Time (BST) = 11:00

GMT = 10:00

FxPro has server time of GMT+3

If MT4 time = 12:00

UK time (BST) = 10:00

GMT = 09:00

So, Freddie's box is 10:00-10:30 UK time which is 09:00-09:30 GMT. Hence the MT4 time on FxPro would show 12:00-12:30 and on Alpari or GoMarkets would show 11:00:11:30.

BST (British Summer Time) is just another name for the more common DST (Daylight Saving Time). In the UK summer, UK time is BST (GMT+1) and in the UK winter, UK time = GMT.

For info:

British Summer Time (BST) starts on the last Sunday in March and ends on the last Sunday in October, at 1.00 am Greenwich Mean Time (GMT).

Hi Freddie, There can be no argument about times if everyone quotes times as Greenwich Mean Time(GMT). This is because GMT never changes.

BST (British Summer Time) is just another name for the more common DST (Daylight Saving Time). In the UK summer, UK time is BST (GMT+1) and in the UK winter, UK time = GMT.

Thanks SoundFx, I am English and know much of the above, didn't know that DST was used other than in Parliament when they are discussing whether we should have it.

I am in Bulgaria right now where we are UK + 2, FxPro is in Cyprus I believe.

What causes me problems is the indies that need a 'fix' with the GMT time.

Anyway, many thanks, first time that I have seen it explained so that I can understand it, in spite of knowing much of it. Always seems to be a small gap but now it is plugged.

Freddie

well i did something i don't normaly do and tried to guess the market on the US housing data, really expected it to be bad like everyone else, so i got in early. i jumped out as the news is bad but not as bad as expected, luckily i got out for +2 as the market tries to figure it out.

well 1 good entry with 1 good exit, 2 bad entries with 2 good exits today. gives me +57 (my targets 30 per day)

Edited by kraven

• 7 months later...

http://www.multiupload.com/UU6PO10K9B

I cobbled this EA together to conform to the rules with the exception of the wave indicator.

I don't know how to code an OCO so that feature has also been omitted.

You can set the start and end time of the box, the TP and SL are according to the original rules.

It does backtest but in optimization no settings are profitable.

I'm not very interested in this so I haven't taken the time to bugtest it, maybe someone else will.

http://www.multiupload.com/UU6PO10K9B

I cobbled this EA together to conform to the rules with the exception of the wave indicator.

I don't know how to code an OCO so that feature has also been omitted.

You can set the start and end time of the box, the TP and SL are according to the original rules.

It does backtest but in optimization no settings are profitable.

I'm not very interested in this so I haven't taken the time to bugtest it, maybe someone else will.

i will try to do some changes, the theory looks good, lets check what i cold do for this new EA. also if anyone want to help are welcome

• 4 months later...
Hi, Any further updates on this system; feedbacks, results etc. ? @Kraven, @soundfx : please chip-in with your valuable inputs. Thanks

Since this was put to bed last March, I was surprised to see it rear its ugly head again. Basically it is a breakout of the Asian session. Any number of people have sold it or given it away under all manner of names.

So, put a line on the highest and lowest prices of....the whole session; the first hour; the last hour...choice is yours. Make 2 pending orders at the break of the lines....or +10 etc.

Dean Saunders is currently giving this away on his Forex Mentoring Pro site...Not an ad, just info. I can supply a link if required