Bogie-HedgeHog ,, Please see real money results!

Re: Bogie-HedgeHog ,, Please see real money results!

Ā 

Ā 

I have a live cent-account at forex4you.

Please have a look on myfxbook-stats for my account:

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/northtr58/fx4you-micro/8903

Ā 

It shows the balance in $ .

But in reality the balance is meant in Cents, not Dollars.

Ā 

Fact: the authorĀ“s account could be in cents or in Dollars.

We donĀ“t know it because myfxbook cannot detect the difference.

Agree ?

Ā 

As I said before:

I used this boogie-hedgehog live and had to protect my equity by closing itĀ“s trades manually.

The beast would have wiped out my account this week due to the drop of the Euro and the GBP.

Ā 

It is not a safe EA, it is a martingale-EA which can wipe out accounts within minutes.

Trading it without the special insider-knowledge of that yahoo-group is dangerous.

Ā 

Yes, we have to find out what they teach, otherwise this EA must be put into the trash-bin.

Ā 

Ā 

Thank you very much for your clarification, I find this whole Dollar and Cent accounts on myfxbook very misleading,, since really I wont jump into any Expert Advisor if the owner is not confidant enough to put a sizable Capital into it.

Ā 

Also, if you dont mind me asking, what is the trading System you are currently running on your forex4you account?

Ā 

What you see on myfxbook was achieved by using the MartinEA (from FXPersia.com). There is a thread about it.

Ā 

What you cannot see is what happened after I removed the myfxbook-EA from the account.

The MartinEA almost killed my account.

I had big losses ( about 50% of equity ) and had to close the trades manually.

That MartinEA is now in the trash.

Ā 

We are all searching for profitable EAs.

Some users who trade with the MartinEA ( you can get educated versions from saly via PM )

tell us that they make good profits.

I call it luck.

Ā 

Maybe they use special settings. We got to ask them (weslad is live with these EAs).

Ā 

since 15 march I'm using this EA on alpari demo account:

so far, 7 trades all in profit.

Ā 

I've optimized it based on last 6 months backtest, so I use a set for usdchf and a set for eurusd.

Ā 

mm = false

fixed lots = 0.01

multiply 2

maxtrades = 2

version: v4f

Ā 

I don't understand well if it use a stoploss, 'cause trades are open without stoploss,

but there are stoploss parameter in the settings, maybe only last trades opened are with stoploss.

so I don't like it very much because of no stoploss.

Ā 

I will check performance on the next days.

Ā 

since 15 march I'm using this EA on alpari demo account:

so far, 7 trades all in profit.

Ā 

I've optimized it based on last 6 months backtest, so I use a set for usdchf and a set for eurusd.

Ā 

mm = false

fixed lots = 0.01

multiply 2

maxtrades = 2

version: v4f

Ā 

I don't understand well if it use a stoploss, 'cause trades are open without stoploss,

but there are stoploss parameter in the settings, maybe only last trades opened are with stoploss.

so I don't like it very much because of no stoploss.

Ā 

I will check performance on the next days.

Ā 

Ā 

From the Myfxbook forum,,I read that it does actaully use a stoploss, thats why I have requested info about it on indo forum. However, if there is really not even an enternal stoploss on this, then I think its a total waiste of time.

Ā 

Group been runnin this EA over a year I havnt heard of any blowups.. Unless you on group and runnin it then you really arnt knowledgeable on the subject.. Sorry.

Ā 

Tell you what.. I just built yet another test machine last night and I will start the EA tonight and post results.. I will probably use a GoMarkets demo if thats OK..

Ā 

But really this is a product of the Yahoo group and most discussions should stay with that group. Its a wide open public group which anyone could join if they wanted. They have several other EA that are doing pretty good as well..

Ā 

Any martingale EA has the potential to burn an account. Nothing can prevent it plain and simple.

Do you remember in october 2008 when the poundyen made a daily 2000 pips and when other pair had during the whole summer an average of 300 pips move ? You have no way to tell that this will not occur again.

Ā 

I'm not saying that martingale EA cannot be profitable. On the contrary, many can be very profitable but one has to monitor them closely to prevent it to go in the baaaaaad trade.

Any martingale EA has the potential to burn an account. Nothing can prevent it plain and simple.

Do you remember in october 2008 when the poundyen made a daily 2000 pips and when other pair had during the whole summer an average of 300 pips move ? You have no way to tell that this will not occur again.

Ā 

I'm not saying that martingale EA cannot be profitable. On the contrary, many can be very profitable but one has to monitor them closely to prevent it to go in the baaaaaad trade.

Ā 

quoting myself ^^

Ā 

Well Hedgehog could be a successfull EA but it fails completly in terms of money management.

For instance i have a trade open now on EURGBP that went during the day in full profit but instead of taking profit, the EA let it run for no reason.

Ā 

In fact, the EA seems to wait for the market to reverse but that could never happen.

Ā 

I'll check the new version if there is one...

• 3 weeks later...
I am surprised that there is no recent discussion on what seems to be a great EA,, check out the results:

Ā 

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/wackena/bogie-hedgehog-v2/19471

Ā 

It seems to add to losing positions and closes on low profit,, I suspect that the BBW Scalper is a clone from this. Except that BBW does not even come close to this.

Ā 

Openions are welcome.

Ā 

Ā 

FYI: BBW Scalper was originally designed from a manual traders recipe that has generated him and his brother more than $65 million in combined assets. So as far as cloning goes, you could chaulk it up to this, but nothing automated compares. Furthermore, there is engineering concepts in BBW Scalper that no other product out there does.

FYI: BBW Scalper was originally designed from a manual traders recipe that has generated him and his brother more than $65 million in combined assets. So as far as cloning goes, you could chaulk it up to this, but nothing automated compares. Furthermore, there is engineering concepts in BBW Scalper that no other product out there does.

Ā 

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/dlewisfl/bbw-scalper-pro-v440-iamfx/15356

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/dlewisfl/bbw-scalper-pro-v440-jadefx/15357

Ā 

Hmm, this roller coaster performance doesn't convince me...

Edited by pro

• 2 weeks later...

Look up those results using manual close of trades most of the time.

http://www.2shared.com/file/hOxFtq7e/Forex.html

Ā 

Note that i have removed all yen pairs because the EA refuses to trade .01 lot and the calculation is wrong on all yen pair (dont see why)

anyone still having success with this one ?

Ā 

well look up my post just above yours it is not that old, it is ? Now account is 22000 but demo... I have to find a broker that accept more than 2 lots opened at a time and with minimum of 0.01 lot... Alpari micro account will not authorise bigger than 2 lots opened at a time.