Forex Cash Protector

Looking at the code, it does use a magic number everywhere. It doesn't use a comment. It works with 4/5 digit, but not ECN.

I see.... the problem is with ecn brokers.

I'm not a coder but my guess that will be some additional codes to work with ecn brokers. I wish experience coders can look into it so it can works seamlessly with other EAs and ECN brokers.

n.b. halcyonn above run back test this EA on FXOpen ECN and looks good.

Edited by PIPHORE

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FXCP wit Magic.

http://www.multiupload.com/VARMJ00M90

Cheers

thanks expat, but stevodude said the problem is that this EA can't run on ECN broker and he might be right coz i test this EA on FXDD (non-ecn broker) combining with other EA and it's working, but not on JadeFx (ecn broker).

can you make additional codes so it can also work with ecn brokers?

thanks expat, but stevodude said the problem is that this EA can't run on ECN broker and he might be right coz i test this EA on FXDD (non-ecn broker) combining with other EA and it's working, but not on JadeFx (ecn broker).

can you make additional codes so it can also work with ecn brokers?

Try to set the slippage from 3.0 to 30 for 5 digit broker. From what I see, the slippage is not linked to automatically set to the broker digits. all other settings e.g. SL are... If that cures it we can change.

Cheers

Try to set the slippage from 3.0 to 30 for 5 digit broker. From what I see, the slippage is not linked to automatically set to the broker digits. all other settings e.g. SL are... If that cures it we can change.

Cheers

I just checked my journal tab on FXDD, yeah this EA send instant order to broker server including Stop Loss which off course is not acceptable on any ECN broker. In order to work with ecn broker EA must send marker order and at the next tick modify the order with stop loss and take profit.

I believe slippage matters too much on ecn brokers.

Edited by PIPHORE

I just checked my journal tab on FXDD, yeah this EA send instant order to broker server including Stop Loss which off course is not acceptable on any ECN broker. In order to work with ecn broker EA must send marker order and at the next tick modify the order with stop loss and take profit.

I believe slippage matters too much on ecn brokers.

The slippage matters for 4 and 5 digits. If you have set it on 3.0 slippage on a 5 digit broker the order might not execute/close if the price have moved more than 0.3 pips instead of the intended 3. Let me check the EA, I have not tried it properly yet.

http://www.multiupload.com/MF6846AXFH

from sept 9th.i thought i had posted it.here it is anyway!

many thanks.... please experience coders in this forum educate this and make it run on ecn brokers ( i don't know if the author has fixed this issue with ecn brokers or not in this latest version)

Edited by PIPHORE

Stove and others.yes it needs settings found through optimisation.Use version posted by Didier which does not require dll or education as such or the one posted on this page.for Didier's posted version use larger input like 30 pip for the slippage input.

It trades infrequently as can be seen from the backtested period and total trades taken up during that period.

No, my version is originally from Didier. It does use 2 standard dll's which are probably already in your Windows folder (if you don't have any errors, you already have them).

I see.... that you educated the previous version not the latest one.

Please educated latest updated version shared by halcyonn post #62

Edited by PIPHORE