[REQ] Can someone correct this Code?

Hello,

I have an EA here and everything is working fine, except the "PairAppendix1" and "PairAppendix3" I have added.

Tried it with BeamFX

http://www.beamfx.com/metatrader/BeamFXMT4.exe

which has the "b" added to the pairs and it does not work.

Could someone please have a look what I have done wrong?

EA is here:

http://depositfiles.com/files/k8siu9o49

Thx in advance!

regards

Newbee

Re: [REQ] Can someone correct this Code?

What exactly is not working? What error do you get?

Just in case it helps you, here's some code that I wrote a while ago to properly figure out the prefix, join elements (if any) and suffix for a currency pair:

string currencies[] = { "EUR", "USD", "CHF", "GBP", "JPY", "AUD", "CAD", "NZD", "HKD", "DKK", "NOK", "SEK", "SGD", "RUB", "RUR", "ZAR", "UAH", "RON", "MXN", "TRY", "PLN", "HUF", "PHP", "MTL", "HRK", "LVL", "CZK", "ILS", "LTL", "XAU", "XAG" };
  string prefix = "";
  string join = "";
  string suffix = "";
  string baseCurrency, quoteCurrency;
  string symbol = Symbol();
  for (int j = 0; j < StringLen(symbol); j++) {
     for (int i = 0; i < ArraySize(currencies); i++) {
        int idx = StringFind(symbol, currencies[i], 0);
        if (idx >= 0 && idx <= j) {
           if (idx > 0) {
              prefix = StringSubstr(symbol, 0, idx);
           }
           baseCurrency = StringSubstr(symbol, idx, 3);
           break;
        }
     }
     if (StringLen(baseCurrency) > 0) {
        break;
     }
  }
  for (i = 0; i < ArraySize(currencies); i++) {
     int idx2 = StringFind(symbol, currencies[i], idx + 3);
     if (idx2 >= 0) {
        if (idx2 > idx + 3) {
           join = StringSubstr(symbol, idx + 3, idx2 - (idx + 3));
        }
        quoteCurrency = StringSubstr(symbol, idx2, 3);
        suffix = StringSubstr(symbol, idx2 + 3);
        break;
     }
  }

If you run the above code on your broker's EURUSD and the pair is wickedly named "booEUR-USDeww", after you run the above code, your prefix variable will contain "boo", your join variable will contain "-" and your suffix variable will contain "eww", while baseCurrency will be set to "EUR" and quoteCurrency to "USD". If you wanted to construct the most probable GBPUSD pair from there, you'd write myGBPUSDpair = prefix + "GBP" + join + "USD" + suffix;

Nice one birt.

Since there seems only a "b" to be added as suffix, perhaps this could do the trick as well:

string Pair = StringSubstr(Symbol(), 0, 6);

It extracts the first 6 characters from Symbol(), which is the current pair in the chart.

Thanks for the kudos...much appreciated!

Can you describe the exact failure and what's needed to fix it?

The more info the faster we can work.

Perhaps it's a good idea to include the original code, and tell us what you were trying to achieve with adding new code to it. There might just be a simpler and better way....

Thanks for the kudos...much appreciated!

Can you describe the exact failure and what's needed to fix it?

The more info the faster we can work.

Perhaps it's a good idea to include the original code, and tell us what you were trying to achieve with adding new code to it. There might just be a simpler and better way....

When I add the EA to the chart of BeamFX, I always get the message: "Please enable all pairs on Market Watch Window".

But all needed pairs are shown.

Beamforex uses "b" after pairs, like GBPJPYb.

Do not know what I have done wrong here.

Newbee

It looks ok at the first sight. If I'm not mistaken, having both BuyPair1 and BuyPair2 set to false (which is the default) will result in the same error so you might want to check those.

If at least one of them is set to true, temporarily add a "debug" print at the end of the init routine such as:

Print ("Pair1 is " + Pair1 + " while Pair2 is " + Pair2);

When you did that, run it and check the experts log, see if the Pair variables have the expected values. If they don't have the correct values, add similar Print lines everywhere and use them for debugging.

It looks ok at the first sight. If I'm not mistaken, having both BuyPair1 and BuyPair2 set to false (which is the default) will result in the same error so you might want to check those.

If at least one of them is set to true, temporarily add a "debug" print at the end of the init routine such as:

When you did that, run it and check the experts log, see if the Pair variables have the expected values. If they don't have the correct values, add similar Print lines everywhere and use them for debugging.

Sorry but the problem is not the BuyPair1 and BuyPair2, this works well.

I only have the problem after I have added the Appendix1 and Appendix3 strings

Newbee

In your init function, you have the following piece of code:

{
     CloseBuyOrders(MagicNumber);
     CloseSellOrders(MagicNumber);
     return(0);
  }

You're aware that return(0) will prevent further execution of the init function, thus it won't even reach the part of the code where you're adding the appendix to the pair, right?

Are you also aware that you would've been able to quickly figure out the problem if you bothered trying what I said with the prints?

This code does not solve the problem. Still get the message: "Please enable all pairs on Market Watch Window".

First of all, that Print thing wasn't supposed to solve the problem, but to help you figure out what the problem was.

Second, are you even reading what I'm writing? In my previous post I described how that extra return (0); at the beginning of the init() function is most likely what makes it not work. Did you try removing that?

I downloaded the BeamFX terminal, installed it, copied your EA, commented out the return(0); I mentioned above and guess what? It works. My conclusion is that you're either someone who doesn't really want to be helped or you're simply not very good at following instructions and don't want to admit it. I am done trying to help you, my patience supply has run out.

I downloaded the BeamFX terminal, installed it, copied your EA, commented out the return(0); I mentioned above and guess what? It works. My conclusion is that you're either someone who doesn't really want to be helped or you're simply not very good at following instructions and don't want to admit it. I am done trying to help you, my patience supply has run out.

Hello birt,

I tried it and it again, but it does not work on my platform. Do not know what the problem is.

I will reinstall it and see what happens.

thx a lot for your answer, that it works on your platform.

newbee

-- 22 Mar 2010, 21:54 --

Hello birt, after new installation of MT4, it works on my plattform as well.

Thx a lot for your help ;-)

Gave you kudos on all your posts here.

newbee