Fusion v1.1a

CDaeda

Re:

Wow, where can I , or others, get Bling's THUNDERBOLTS and THUNDERSTORM?....the stats sound great! :-bd

start with the 'search' function up the top.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re:

Wow, where can I , or others, get Bling's THUNDERBOLTS and THUNDERSTORM?....the stats sound great! :-bd

Watch out for these EAs though. If you're unlucky and start off with a few bad trades then it'll damage your account greatly. The winning percentage is good but one bad trade takes away three days worth of wins. The EAs enter multiple positions all at once. Last week i lost $600 on 2 trades. :-(

Re: Fusion v1.1a

Curve Fitting is like shooting at a barn door and then drawing bull's eyes around each one afterward. I've heard a good way to see if a system is curve fitted is if trading rules are different for each currency. If a system has the same system across all currencies, then it's probably not curve fitted.

Now, if that is true, how do we know if HiRider is Curve Fitted? I guess since you can only trade 1 currency with it, that might be an indicator?

true. i think this robot is curve fitted, because it has a very large stop loss and not a logical stop loss, like highs and lows or s/r areas, because the strategy simple fails using that kind of stop, so the guy needed to optimize a stop loss for it to work, that's why most ea's have random numbers of stop loss and not dynamic stop loss in strategical areas, random stop loss number in manual trading is foolish, you must have your stop in a area where the price if breaks this barrier you consider your trade lost, random number is just luck.

look, some of you guys are weird. As with birt, I fail to understand you.

Let me ask you a question, if you stick your hand into fire and you get burned (happens to most of us) you know not to stick it again. Of course that does not mean you know whether there is a hole in the ground where you are stepping next, but at least you know how to stay away from fires.

Through this analogy i hope to explain curve fitting. At least they know how to avoid certain mistakes in the future, by being able to backtest well. does that makes sense to you, or are you gonna start to flame again?

Is there anny robot on the market that can PREDICT the future as nostradamus did? NO

Are there systems which have been backtested well enough and "curve fitted" well enough to be able to produce 100% winners? YES, and no i will not tell you which they are. No they cannot be purchased and yes, they may phail eventually but for one year so far so good so steady win.

SO my fellow experienced traders to put simple: unless you fit to a curve and unless you learn from the past, you cannot know anything about the future - you can quote me on that - so yes, good backtest will give a very good hint of what the personality of the robot is. While it is not a 100% indicator of performance it will tell you a lot. That being said, if you hate backtesting, pls stop looking at graphs and tell us what you think of a robot by .... umm? i dunno, live test? Oh yeah i forgot, no black swan in live test for hirider.

damn.

got lucky.

onemore i agree with that of what you said, curve fitting has many levels, it depends on what you curve fit it too much or not, if the strategy is dependent from a very particular market or not, that's why complex systems fails because they are built in too much data of the past, simple rubust systems does not, because they are not so dependent, so curve fitting depends on how its made, like neural robots that needs to learn from the past, the key is how you do it, and we dont know with these robots, i will tell you how you can test this robot so, imagine if you access of the parameters of the robot, optimizite it the way the onwer did in last years and backtest the future, if the results are good, then you may have a good robot. im curious about that robots you said, because i know that robots exists and is possible. But what i can tell you is that this robot has a bad RR and that means the strategy is inificiente, its like having no stop loss, is just luck, if you hit too many time that stop, bye bye to account and the strategy must have good win ratio, it needs to win 20 times to cover the stop loss.

my point was that it does seem to win 20 times and it does seem to cover losses. For some reason on one broker it fails. but all others tested and it gives high equity return and most people on this forum agree with that. That being said, if you have 5k and you put this robot as it is now on that account you will end up in big profit in one year regardless of whether you hit that stop loss or not.

recommend to switch off all scalpers this night. After the FED announcement the market will be volatile. Poisen for most scalpers...

Thanks chemie262, but i completely forgot about that and it was too late. At 21:36 GMT MD hit a SL. Funny but one hour later made a small winning trade using the other strategy. :?:

Ca sa ajutam si alti oameni.

This is a classic problem with most commercial packers. Due to the antidebugging and other tricks they employ (morphing code, encrypting etc.) some antivirus packages with a low threshold will flag them as potential virus via the heuristic scanning mechanism. The coders don't have much to do with it besides selecting the packer. I have the original setup files (they were posted here if you want to check it yourself) and installed them in a VM with an up to date NOD4 running, which didn't complain about any of the files.

I understand, thanks. I have bit defender set to very sensitive, so it removed the DLLs as they were put into MT4.

When mind lingers in one place efficiency is lost

On the subject of backtesting:

I don't like it and try to avoid it partly because slippage is static throughout the testing period (in the MT4 tester). This is unrealistic for forward and live testing.

I had a quick look at HiRider and slippage is given as an array in the openOrder function:

gia_372[ai_0][2] * gd_288

It might be better to watch what happens on a nano live account. \m/

When mind lingers in one place efficiency is lost

Hi people, why care so much to backtest? We are suppose to let the ea trade on current market condition, focus on live test then. Stop saying this and that, this ea gonna burn account etc...

Come on be grateful that Birt has given us the whole package of $999, if you think hirider will blow your account or the ea's strategies are not good, why even be here, why even bother to use the ea? Go grab some ea that will make you 100% winners, with no drawdown, and guaranteed profits, if it makes a loosing trade, you will be angry and throw it away.

I guess people just don't wake up. How long have you been testing hirider, a day, or 2? and you are starting to say it is trash? If you think this ea is not right for you then move on, find ea that you are happy with, that will will make you smile, don't be so negative, life is cool, win or loose enjoy the ride. If you are so scared to loose, you really should not be in forex trading. Understand the risk and manage them well. That is what i do at least.

I am happy that I have the opportunity to use the ea that cost $999, a lot out there wanted to try but they did not get any chance, they have to pay $999 with their hard earn money to even use it. I don't believe in BACKTEST, they suck. I am already using it in real account, I don't even bother to demo testing it.

I don't care what the results will be in my real account, or like some people say here, you are going to loose like, ? 2000 pips? What? backtest again? oh give me a break.

For God sake, just shut up and put the ea in LIVE MARKET CONDITIONS for a couple of months and see if it really will hammer your account hard with 2000 pips losses.

I am already using it in my real account and it already earned me good money. only 1 day, in a day that market is unstable, all winners, DD? I forgot because I don't see any of that.

rider is optimized for 2009 data. for 2008 it crashes. the market has somewhat stabilized in 2009. the conditions of 2008 will soon repeat themselves as the global debt bomb explodes.

those who want to trade hirider will give reasons for doing so. those who don't want to trade it will also give their reason. to each their own.

the sky is blue.

Here is a funny fact, if you reload your fusion ea on the account (change setting for example) Highrider build into will open a new pair of trades (even it one pair was open recently) and will ignore the previous trades.

[spoiler:26ukmy10]Never trust, never fear, never beg[/spoiler:26ukmy10]

Here is a funny fact, if you reload your fusion ea on the account (change setting for example) Highrider build into will open a new pair of trades (even it one pair was open recently) and will ignore the previous trades.

That means the EA was not solidly written, as it should use Magic number or comments or Global variables or file with its trades recorded on harddrive to remember that trade was opened, and read that info back from either source and keep managing its trades even in case of system crash or terminal rebooting.

That means the EA was not solidly written, as it should use Magic number or comments or Global variables or file with its trades recorded on harddrive to remember that trade was opened, and read that info back from either source and keep managing its trades even in case of system crash or terminal rebooting.

look at the splash page of the frwc. "the ea lab" is comprised of a bunch of 20yearolds with ambition but probably little skill. I doubt their fusion is much more than a copy/paste job done on the fly. And pls notice - it took them 11 days to copy paste. HAAAAAAAHAHAHAAAAAAARD work done on their part.

Well they did convert it into a C library, add their own protections and modify the code so that it could work from a C library instead of MQL4.

The flaw in HiRider is probably part of the original design. It was likely never intended to be commercial quality if its a private EA.

Birt; I am looking for good reference books on coding that will put me on par with your coding skills; Do you have such reference? :huh:

If by coding you mean reverse engineering, then google tuts4you. If you actually mean programming, then the range of available documentation is so wide that I wouldn't even know where to start.