(req) Magicbreakout

Re: (req) Magicbreakout

just did a backtest again on both usd/jpy and gpb/usd with data from 2000.1.1 to 2009.12.31 with $10000 deposite.

the results show that usd/jpy has a much smoother graph than gpb/usd and more profitable (10 times more!).

but both have very big drawdown and it seems that only from mid 2008 the system starts to make money consistently. the account balance was cut down to less than $500 for gpb/usd somewhere in jun 2002 and less than $2000 for usd/jpy.

with true money management, any system with win rate over 50% will make money for sure as time goes by. but the problem is the london breakout strategy doesn't guarantee more than 50% win rate all the time.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi iceage,

Thank you for your great input. The UJ is the most profitable pair. Actually i coresponded with the creator, he claims its been traded live since it was released two years ago. In regards the drawdown it depends on the amount risked on each trade. If the system is profitable in the long run and you have a broker who allows very small lots say micro or even better nanolots you can even risk 10% or 15% per trade and come out way ahead. You jut need to avoid the risk of ruin and if the system has a positive expectancy you're way ahead of the game. Lets say for illustration sake the system has a positive expectancy and you start out with say $500 (just an example) and risk 15% a trade. From your back test you need to find the max losers in a row and multiply that by 1.5. Now if after this number of losers your broker has a lot size small enough so you can take the next trade you should be ok. What I mean to say if the system has a positive expectancy and ur broker allows very small lot sizes (you're not put out of business) then you'll come out a winner and a very big winner at that the more you risk.

From ur backtest can u please tall us the max losers in a row for the Uj pair please.

hi hermanhess,

here is the test results.

Hi Iceage,

Well as per what you said it appears profitable for the last two years, well that seems ok for the current time. i think if we were to start with a small account and risk 10% a trade on a broker who allows nanolots it may just work out ok.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

shocked that no one has shared. It's not like it costs $3000 like some of the other ones...

Oh well, I guess we will never know the secret to the amazing 5400% per year... too bad; I coulda used that 5400% per year to become a billionaire. :-(

;-)

I got this one Diesel, needs to be Educated though.

System looks like it has promise but still alot of false breakouts, which is what its meant to avoid ho hum.

Rapidshare limit reached.......... no good.

please repost on 4shared.

also, what is the method their student used to make 5400%???

The Magic Breakout System Plus with indicators has been shared at the following post

http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/6991-share-m4g1c-breakout-plus?p=79893&viewfull=1#post79893

And mirrored for the future at the following location along with the True Management PDF.

http://www.4shared.com/file/LreiyYNH/M_B__plus.html
http://www.4shared.com/file/WwPAPB81/True_Money_Management.html

Edited by synergy