What is the Best VPS server to run your EA

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: What is the Best VPS server to run your EA ?

Hej Abdulisback, here a 2 VPS Hoster with good Price and i have run both - are very fine for me.

VPSland from 18$/Month

UnitedHoster (German) from 7,90 Euro/Month

On both i have running 4-6 MT4 Stations at the same time with EA´s and so on - very good in my Eyes. Hope this helps a little bit.

Re: What is the Best VPS server to run your EA

We use Commercial Network Services. We use their NYC server farm due to it's proximity to our broker servers.

They also have a farm in San Diego and a new one in London.

Serious business.

Price is higher but, since one half-decent trade more than pays for it, no big deal.

They are not just a Forex VPS Company which I view as a plus.

The key reason for choosing one vps over another, imo, has to do with LATENCY. See the article at:

http://helpdesk.commercialnetworkservices.net/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=177

Hope that helps,

Merlin

Hi friends,i am using vps service by Boston Technologies.It is for 50 USD a month with only one mt4 but my client for whom i manage the account wanted this one despite the price.It is working fine for past many months.

For my own forex trading live and demos i have forexvps.com for 35 usd a month.i currently run 4 MT4 platforms and its working fine.i might be soon upgrading it to 65 USD a month as i intend to run upto 10 MT4 platforms then.the support is available in form of 24/7 livechat from main home page and i have found them very good with all and any questions with ready solutions.In forex MT4 VPS service 24/7 support in live format of chat is highly valued by me as a client.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If your scalping the best VPS is going to be the one with the lowest latency (ping time) to your broker's trading server.

Here is a real life example using my VPS servers:

VPS 1 has a 1 ms latency to the server because it is on the same LAN in NY. VPS 2 has a 15 MS latency because it is in a centrally located large data center in the USA. VPS 3 has a 35 ms latency because it is located in Europe. All are trying to trade with the broker with the server in NY. We will assume that all 3 have the same computing power (which is not true).

A tick is generated by the server and here is what happens:

VPS 1 receives the tick price info and issues a buy. The buy is sent and executed. Elapsed time 2 ms. 1 MS to receive the tick and 1 ms to send the buy order.

VPS 2 receives the tick and issues a buy. The buy is sent and executed but there were 3 pips slippage. The total elapsed time is 30 ms. 15 ms waiting for the tick to arrive and 15 ms to execute. All of the orders originating on VPS 1 were executed before this VPS even received the price so it gets the table scraps.

VPS 3 receives the tick and issues a buy. The buy is rejected for a requote and does not get executed. Total elapsed time is 70ms. The order is never placed because VPS 1 and VPS 2 took all available quotes.

Don't believe me? Well, 3 weeks ago my EA on VPS 2 executed a large lot buy market order to the broker on VPS 1. The order was filled but at a 7 pip slippage while the same exact order on VPS 1 was filled at the ask price. Since the EA has a 5 pip take profit, the order was doomed to a loss at the time of execution. Lesson learned!

Fortunately I didn't have the same broker / ea combination running on my European VPS.

Yes, there are other factors like reliability, customer service etc. but, in my opinion, when it comes to order execution for scalpers there is nothing that beats latency.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest trance

My experience: VPS land down 15 days - no excuses.

CNS down 4 days - full month free

Now I'm on Black Box VPS $45 - Hyper-V technology, no crashes, no problems.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
I had SWVPS (South West VPS) and VPSLAND and both servers were good but due to regular reboots my EA was often offline so I had to check the server status everyday. I never had that problem with FOREX VPS. More money for the server ($35) but no reboot so far. Edited by Astarfleir

• 4 weeks later...

Someone already mentioned Hyper-V technology. This is the best because you are 100% assured of getting the resources you pay for. Most of the others use Virtuozzo technology which allows them to oversell their resources in the hope that not all compartments will require 100% resources at the same time. Sure they make claims of guaranteeing 'minimum resources' but I'm not sure you can believe them, besides which server is going to be more reliable - the one that has been oversold and is operating at 90+% capacity all the time or the one that is operating at 50% capacity or less most of the time? I have tried some of the 'cheapies' such as SWVPS and I can assure you the performance is chalk & cheese.

I use vpswebserver.com and have had a good experience. They have online chat support and nearly evey time I have needed someone they are available online to chat.

Someone else mentioned proximity to brokers server. This is also important for scalpers but I'm not into them as they all seem to fail in the long run.

• 3 weeks later...

http://swvps.com/

Windows® Server 2003 Virtuozzo™ VPS

Superior Performance over Hyper V VPS

Cost effective Windows VPS

Windows® Server 2003 Edition

Virtuozzo™ Power Panel for easy management

* Max of 12 VPS per Server

* Guaranteed Resources for each VPS

18$ + about 5$ for UK server for 700 MB RAM. Excellent performance.

Working perfectly. I tried too many. This is the best.

http://swvps.com/

Windows® Server 2003 Virtuozzo™ VPS

Superior Performance over Hyper V VPS

Cost effective Windows VPS

Windows® Server 2003 Edition

Virtuozzo™ Power Panel for easy management

* Max of 12 VPS per Server

* Guaranteed Resources for each VPS

18$ + about 5$ for UK server for 700 MB RAM. Excellent performance.

Working perfectly. I tried too many. This is the best.

Is swvps reboot frequently?