range bar charts

dpat30

Re: (REQ) r@nge bar charts

actually the above is a tick (1 tick is when a new price comes out) chart indicator: each bar has the same tick count (for example with every 20th new price data, another bar is formed and will be modified until the next 20th price tick comes in) -- the height of the bar can be different. The original requested one is range bar: each bar has the same height, for example 20 pips but it can contain 20 or 200 ticks and time of bar can be also very different. for example in ranging market if the market moves in a 20 pips range for hours. This would be just 1 bar on a range bar, as the market didnt step out of the boundary of that 20 pip range of bar no matter how many ticks came in or time passed.

The range bar indi was available in the indo-investasi if I remember correctly.

Here:

http://www.indo-investasi.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1861&hilit=range+bar+range+bar&start=10

Re: (REQ) r@nge bar charts

actually the above is a tick (1 tick is when a new price comes out) chart indicator: each bar has the same tick count (for example with every 20th new price data, another bar is formed and will be modified until the next 20th price tick comes in) -- the height of the bar can be different. The original requested one is range bar: each bar has the same height, for example 20 pips but it can contain 20 or 200 ticks and time of bar can be also very different. for example in ranging market if the market moves in a 20 pips range for hours. This would be just 1 bar on a range bar, as the market didnt step out of the boundary of that 20 pip range of bar no matter how many ticks came in or time passed.

The range bar indi was available in the indo-investasi if I remember correctly.

Here:

http://www.indo-investasi.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1861&hilit=range+bar+range+bar&start=10

Right know the difference between range and tick chart was mainly going by the picture of the chart of their system top left hand corner of chart has !EgvGBPUSD,M25 thats the exact same as my chart using EqualVolumeBars Ea, but i've been wrong before and i'm sure i'll be wrong again.