Forex Robot World Cup

enodr

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Forex Robot World Cup

Similar concept to the Surefire challenge, the organizers reserved the rights to sell the EA or system at the end of the contest.

Expect a big sales pitch if you sign up to any email list.

As a matter of fact we should place all commercial EA under similar Real money challenge as well, it will immediately expose those selling crap EAs which should be the majority. >:)

There should be another category for all those commercial trainers to compete in a Real money contest. At the end of which, you can identify who are the real mccoy. :-bd

I thought this was a big joke.

All EA's submitted become the property of the site.

Until they changed the rules - no EA could ever be used by anybody else except what the site distributes.

The sites rules state all sales of EA's in the future are for profit of the site only.

It was delayed and delayed and I got the impression that no one submitted.

That the guy did not know that getting code was possible from a place like this.

I rate it as highly suspicious.

i.e. anybody who is dumb enough to expect all ownership to be give up - is dumb enough to stage a scam.

I'm not saying it is a scam - just that it appeared very very amateurish. "Hey i know howto get some code...." appearance.

check out the rules page- it may have changed a little now - but man it was just a big joke at one stage.

All EA's submitted become the property of the site.

Well that's not exactly what they say. The winner gives the selling rights for 6 months. Given the fact the winner is awarded 100.000$ it's a fair deal. After 6 months he's free to sell the rights or market it himself.

That's pretty cool because we will finally maybe see a good EA on the market after the competition is finished!

Quote from the rules:

B(14) - Should the entrant of a submitted EA be announced as a winner of any prize category, said entrant (as the acknowledged owner), hereby agrees to unconditionally grant to the FRWC organization sole, exclusive rights to market the EA as it sees fit and for its own exclusive benefit for a period of 6 (six) months from the end of the competition - this is deemed to be 14 days from the end of the live trading phase.

B(15) - If, at any stage during the exclusivity period, it is discovered that a finalist has attempted to sell or cede the rights to their winning EA then the prize awarded to that finalist will be forfeit and must be repaid.

B(16) - At the end of the 6 month exclusivity period, the FRWC organization shall acquire the non-exclusive rights to market the EA for its own benefit in perpetuity. With the commencement of the non-exclusive period, the owner shall thereafter be free to do with the EA as they wish (sell it, market it, license it), save that the owner may not sell or dispose of any rights to the EA if such sale or disposal would infringe, in any way, upon the rights previously granted to the FRWC organization - for example, the entrant of a winning EA could provide marketing rights to a third party on condition that such provision would not restrict the FRWC organization from continuing to commercialize the EA.

I noticed one thing about LMD-Multicurrency-it opens deals exactly at 00:00 and closes it at 00:00 of the next day-if it is in profit,and closes loses in the morning. That should not be a difficult algorithm behind this EA,should it ? Even if it so proffitble...

Hi All,

Good day,

Did you even think how big cheaters can steal our EAs with small amount of money??

If your EA can make consecutively say 3K a month from 1K, that means your EA is profitable. Do you think that your EA worth only 100K?? You can make more than that whenever you reach high equity.

I guess only idiots who submit their private EAs to those scammers so they make Billions of dollars.

Can you imagine if they get really high profit EA. I mean if that EA make about 3000% a month. They can deposit 1M and get it 3000% x 1M = 3B -----> 3 Billion dollar from one good EA.

what do you think now??

I hope people are aware of this type of scam.

Best wishes and regards.

a New Year 2011 has come, and the challenge has just started 8-)

scarface I think you are right, but anyway if someone is stupid enough to post a profitable EA at this contest (LMD?) then we can be happy because we will profit of it.

I really hope we will be able to grab a copy of this LMD EA, so far it looks very interesting.

• 1 month later...

Will be on sale in 21 days...HiRIDER would be my choice too...

After trying the utterly disappointing crap UsdBot, I really look forward to this HiRider.

the setting is very conservative with a drawdown of 3.46%. If its entry is as wild as the leading LMD-multicurrency, HiRider would most likely be in the lead.

looking thru the statements of hirider you can conclude it uses 2 methods:

- buy or sell with a sl of 210 pips and a tp of 12 pips

- buy and sell on the same time with a sl of 100 pips and a tp of 7 pips

all the losses during these 2 months come from the second method, and this method is almost NOT profitable

i do not mind buying a profitable EA, but when 2 expensive it will not be for me

Hello everybody,

After Yarman's out of the game I can start posting again.... without fear to be banned.

Anyway, that's allready past. What I wanna point your attention to are the "whois" results for:

fapturbo.com(http://www.whois.net/whois/fapturbo.com)

and

forex-robot-world-cup.com(http://www.whois.net/whois/forex-robot-world-cup.com)

Guess what, same registrant of the domains. Quite a surprise.

looking thru the trades of hirider of method 1 (sl 210 tp 12) ,

the first you notice that it had no losses at all within these 2 months

(all the lossses of the not profitable(at least during these 2 months) method 2 (sl 100 tp 7)

and finally you will catch a loss. just one loss in method1 would have wiped out all the profit of 2 months.

what me interests is if you can improve it by:

- reducing the sl of 210

- improve tp (will it perform better with a trailing stop. for example when 12 in profit secure 10 and set trailing stop)

but it is certainly an interesting one

maybe the losses occured thru high impact news (certainly the one on dec 4th nfp news);

so further improve by skipping entry during or just before high impact news.

or just continue profitable manual trading :-)

i think fapturbo and megadroid are behind this or are working with them. I received email from megadroid folks which redirects directly to the championship cup website. i got another email from the fapturbomike that does the same. here is the megadroid link

http://www.forex-megadroid.net/official-frwc-presentation.html

http://www.whois.net/whois/forex-megadroid.com

MD, Fap and FRWC's site owners are one and the same person/company.

Now they will get their hands on these good robots and turn them into crap in the near future.

It's obvious that MD and Fap are facing allready a dead end and these guy/s are ready to do whatever it takes to promote something new on the market.

looking thru the trades of hirider of method 1 (sl 210 tp 12) ,

the first you notice that it had no losses at all within these 2 months

(all the lossses of the not profitable(at least during these 2 months) method 2 (sl 100 tp 7)

and finally you will catch a loss. just one loss in method1 would have wiped out all the profit of 2 months.

what me interests is if you can improve it by:

- reducing the sl of 210

- improve tp (will it perform better with a trailing stop. for example when 12 in profit secure 10 and set trailing stop)

but it is certainly an interesting one

maybe the losses occured thru high impact news (certainly the one on dec 4th nfp news);

so further improve by skipping entry during or just before high impact news.

or just continue profitable manual trading :-)

if that strategy is like that, is a very poor one, because it fails in it signals and are very inaccurate so that he needs a very large stop loss, a good strategy has a proper stop loss in a logic way, not in a rondom number, that 's a strategy. F*ck this robots they dont know how to trade the markets, anyone, that's why they are for selling because they are nothing special, the owners knows the robots will fail eventually, no trader gives a really good robot to a competition to be sold, even if the price is 100k, that nothing, a good robot will make 500k.

MD and Fap are doing fine as far as i know, if they introduce something new, i will look forward to it.

Had traded both of them(Fap on live account) and never got them to be profitable. Fap had lost me bunch of real money and the Fap team had proven it doesn't care about it's users, poor support, no updates of the best setting and pairs. They show fake or manipulated forward tests on their sites just to blind the visitors. I wouldn't be surprised if this whole event known as Forex Robot World Cup is fake too and they just try to draw the attention back to them since their robots are losing ground lately. Just imagine how easyly they will sell these robots now, especially HiRider. Can we be sure it's all real only because behind the scenes there's also FXCM simulating real account forward tests ??? I'm not sure it's like that but I look at this option as well. Time will tell. These guys are really smart and sly. If they were able to sell more than 50k copies of Fap now they're gonna sell 100k+ copies of these robots.... ~150$/license = you name it because it's hard to think of the ammount. Moneymaking machine(not the robots, the Fap and MD team). Afterwards they will sell the manual how to use them, then the special settings which will optimise their trades, then I don't know what.... they're gonna invent something new to sell to the crowd.