Forex trend Scalper

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: (req) Forex trend Scalper

i took out the testing restrictions: http://stashbox.org/670598/ForexTrendScalper_V1.1edu.ex4

no wonder they disallowed testing -- oh so rubbish:

http://stashbox.org/670595/forex%20trend%20scalper.gif

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

Re: Forex trend Scalper

Hi Forexpro,

I changed only lot size fixed and the left-over by default.

if you test with an another broker, y'll have another results i think,

what broker do you want test it ?

Loulou69

kudo welcome ^:)^

Thanks Loulou69,

Kudo for you \m/

I started to test it on Forex.com but it looks like not to work well there. :huh:

:-? backtesting this EA trade 0.1 rest on default I found that u can be 160 pips up & then all of a sudden u will have open trades 2 buy & 2 sell at the same time & there will be a loss of 100 -???? & all u GREEN PIPS are gone so I back tested same pair same date NEW SETTINGS fixed lot = 0.1 & max_daily_profit = 100 & so far no loss *250 max_daily_ profit just seams to high to me in a single day trading* only my thoughts enjoy :P

^:)^ have been backtesting this EA *MY CONCLUSION ONLY* if the 4 pending order 2 buy & 2 sell can be coded so that pending buy *example only* is 20 pips lower - pending sell order is 20 pips higher to stop 2 buy 2 sell orders opening at the same play as this will always result in a loss - only a thought enjoy :shand:

Having a brief look at the manual and trying to get an understanding of the strategy, I can understand why backtesting may be ineffective assessing this ea. MT4 backtest is a bit dodgy at the best of times let alone introducing "close all functions" at equity levels etc. Then what if you ran it across 3 currencies? = backtest no work :)

just some thoughts. How does this thing scalp? Does it only scalp in the direction of a trend?

happy trading!