Range/trend indicator

victor21

Re: Range/trend indicator

Thanks for the advice i 'll try, but seems that it doesn't show range only the trend ..

Which timeframe buddy ?

However as i know, Aroon Indicator, will be show to us when the Market trending, when the market sideways.

So can you explain or describe, what market range did you mean ? a Trading Range, Sideways Market or Choppy Market ?

Besides Aroon, the Choppyness Index can show the Sideways Market too iMo. ... :)

Re: Range/trend indicator

Hi,

I'm looking for an indicator that shows when the price range and when it trend, something like ADX or Ravi but better than those two (two slow)..

Any advise ?

Thanks a lot !

Mate, this is utopia. There is no such indi which can show that current trend or flat will continue. They will show you just analysis of what was in the history till the current moment. They will tell you it was flat or it was trend. But they will not tell you what will be on the next candles.

However if you believe in one of the tech analysis principle - current tendency tends to continue rather than to change - it can give some more confidence on the market, but I personally prefer to use other methods in making assumptions of where price tends to go:

- support and resistance

- key levels

- pivot point

- daily range

- options levels

Some others, like increases in momentum and volume, but you'll get your own feeling of the market once you've observed many charts on a continuous basis.