woodie robot

cbot

Re: woodie robot

Also, for those who complain that backtesting is very slow, try using the Control Points model instead of Every Tick. It's not as accurate but at least you get some result. It looks like the statements that were posted were from testing using the Control Points model too, based on the red colored text.

I wouldn't do that... I've experienced major differences between the two models... And when I say major they were really major... With Control Points I would have good profits but with Every Tick my account almost gets to zero. :o

Another thing... Some EA trades the same no matter what timeframe you use and you can see that when you backtest with Every Tick Model, but when you backtest with Control Points the results differ.

So don't think you will have 1000% profit when you use Control Points... Confirm with the Every Tick model because it might be just 2%.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the website from it : http://fxtraderu.ru/ekspertss/392-woodies-the-robot-new.html

*Translated by google from russian to english :

Professional, automatic trading system is top class, designed based on well-known indicator of Woodies CCI, platform MetaTrader4.

Expert shows best results at all time intervals and in all currency pairs.

The new version added a fourth pattern of entry and exit from the market resulting in increased profitability by 20%.

The option of using money management with the interest rate risk from

free cash on deposit or switch to a fixed-size lot. Added filter. Judge not picky on the spread, the same works on a fixed and plavayuschem.Tak same and no matter in which the terminal

and from which broker to use this system, the system works everywhere.

For use in the terminals with 5 digits after the decimal point to change the setting as described in the instructions.

Currency Pair: All, select any available in the terminal (recommended in the instructions)

Time frame: All recommended 15m, H 1, H4, D 1, on a frame over H4 profit level and the level of stop-loss is better to increase by another 100-150pp.

The following is published two reports on the tests for the last month on the same instrument and for the same period of time, one was included in the settings fixed a lot at risk of another as a percentage of available funds.

The following is published two reports on the tests for the last month on the same instrument and for the same period of time, one was included in the settings fixed a lot at risk of another as a percentage of available funds.

It does indeed perform very well during that period (18.03-19.04 I believe), yet unfortunately it's the only such period, which leads me to the conclusion that its profitability during that month was caused by a lot of curve fitting. Testing it on the months before that and after that leads to rather poor results, even though it is profitable in some cases.

I wouldn't do that... I've experienced major differences between the two models... And when I say major they were really major... With Control Points I would have good profits but with Every Tick my account almost gets to zero. :o

Another thing... Some EA trades the same no matter what timeframe you use and you can see that when you backtest with Every Tick Model, but when you backtest with Control Points the results differ.

So don't think you will have 1000% profit when you use Control Points... Confirm with the Every Tick model because it might be just 2%.

I agree that Every Tick should also be used to confirm with the results that you get using Control Points.

If you check the developer's/vendor's own statements, you'll see the text in red that says "Control points (a very crude method, the results must not be considered)" but in Russian. i.e. the developer/vendor used Control Points in presenting/marketing his own product, which is a surprise given that it clearly states in bright red that "the the results must not be considered".

It does indeed perform very well during that period (18.03-19.04 I believe), yet unfortunately it's the only such period, which leads me to the conclusion that its profitability during that month was caused by a lot of curve fitting. Testing it on the months before that and after that leads to rather poor results, even though it is profitable in some cases.

You are right birt. It is highly curve fitted and when it extends past this period it performs poorly. The author "Yanin" is a very talented programmer but he has a history of producing curve fitted EAs which look good in backtest so he can sell them. Good marketing I suppose but not good for the user.

Both GBPJPY?GBYUSD?Time flame is 15M.

GBPUSD is moving much stable.

I am testing from 8/25.

20 win/6 lose. :)

I am praying this EA is not curve fitting..... ^:)^

Hey

I put it on all pairs, and it does not trade on cable at all on Alpari NZ. do you use the default settings? on which broker?

This is the same version that I modified and posted here in this thread on 24Aug ;) . The forward testing of the EA using the default settings however has not been that hot as there are too many loss trades for my comfort.

Hi guys,

are u sure someone is making it wrong?

because it made profit all the time.. already test about a week.

It generated 100% using only 0.1 lot in 7 pairs. ;) \m/

thanks

Could you please attach version you are using along with "presets" and which pairs

Many thanks in advance