Fractals4 -- new Fractals from Fx H0pe

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Fractals4 -- new Fractals from Fx H0pe

I've downloaded the latest vers. I could find but when I run backtest MT4 crashs.

Is there any fix for this?

Try changing a parameter value, then change it back. That seems to prevent the crash for me. I'm not sure why it crashes, but it seems to be related to the parameter settings.

What baffles me is that their live statement is looking so damn nice:

[url]http://fractals4.mt4live.com/[/url]

While I'm running two demo forward tests for a while that seem to be straight up losers:

Fxopen (ECN) - [url]http://www.myfxbook.com/members/birt/ft/392[/url]
ForexMeta - [url]http://www.myfxbook.com/members/birt/ft/393[/url]

On top of that, around a certain hour, the ECN version is opening some trades and closing them immediately, basically losing the spread. If they didn't have such a nice forward test, I would've never even thought about this EA twice.

Perhaps the DLL is not correctly "educated"? If anyone gets the Forex Bling package, I would very much like to take a look at the latest untouched copy of Fractals4.

Here's my forward test equity curve from 2009.08.26 using GoMarkets broker:DetailedStatement_2009.08.26to2009.09.04.gif[/attachment:2y7q9ar1]

Here's the official live test equity curve over the same period:profitcurve_from2009.08.26.gif[/attachment:2y7q9ar1]

You can find the original files in the same archive as Fractals4-908b_1.02.rar.

I fail to understand why your forward test has an equity curve that looks almost like theirs, while both my forward tests seem to be happily headed for the ground level. I'm using your 1.01 with the settings described in the PDF, but I don't think the version is a problem, I thought all you changed was some speed-related stuff and the backtest GMT offset, right?

Anyway, thanks, I browsed back a few pages and downloaded 1.02, I'll look a bit more into it whenever I have some free time.

I fail to understand why your forward test has an equity curve that looks almost like theirs, while both my forward tests seem to be happily headed for the ground level. I'm using your 1.01 with the settings described in the PDF, but I don't think the version is a problem, I thought all you changed was some speed-related stuff and the backtest GMT offset, right?
I wrote all the changes at the top of the file. Version 1.01 doesn't have many changes. 1.02 has a lot of changes. The DLL did not need to be patched at all.

Did you enter the correct UTC offset of the broker for the parameter Broker_OffsetHour?

around a certain hour, the ECN version is opening some trades and closing them immediately, basically losing the spread.
This seems to be a common problem with ECN brokers in general. e.g. icemaneu experienced it with the Dragon Pips EA: http://www.indo-investasi.com/viewtopic.php?p=51650#p51650

Did you set ECN_MarketOrder = true?

Did you enter the correct UTC offset of the broker for the parameter Broker_OffsetHour?

Yes, I did.

This seems to be a common problem with ECN brokers in general. e.g. icemaneu experienced it with the Dragon Pips EA: http://www.indo-investasi.com/viewtopic.php?p=51650#p51650

It has to be a failure in the EA code, but I don't really wanna look for it unless I ever decide to run fractals 4 on an ECN.

Did you set ECN_MarketOrder = true?

Did that, too, of course only for the ECN broker.

I upgraded both forward tests to 1.02, let's see if anything changes...

:-bd 5 digit broker fix from members area uneducated :shand:

i always thought 5 digits had something wrong with it. it always performed very differently to my 4 digit test.

i cant see the file attached though. am i missing something?

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

Pfft, now I think I know what's wrong with my Fractals forward test. I probably used the broken indicators from the original and both brokers have 5 digits...
In Fractals4-908b_1.02.rar you can see two versions, the original one (PivotWizard_Original.mq4) and the modified one (PivotWizard.mq4).

It has been mentioned before in this thread that the PivotWizard indicator had not been programmed to handle 5 digits.

The broker that I'm using is a 5 digit broker and it has been doing Ok with the modified version.

I wonder though, and I've mentioned this before, whether the vendor themselves were (or still are) using the original flawed version in their backtests and forward tests. Maybe it actually doesn't make much difference.

" Demo for this account is expired or not listed. Trade Disabled "

i got this error msg, any idea? :o

It's probably because you downloaded the uneducated 909 version.

I made a quick version with removed account validation and enabled backtesting (basically, it thinks it's backtesting), get it at

http://sharebee.com/bc87a70b

If Hyperdimension is going to edit 909, you should use his version.