[Req] Forex Cyclone

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Re: [Req] Forex Cyclone

I see that it back test's not so good. How ever in forward test it's going good. Are back test actually accurate? It seems that for some ea's that the back test and forward test info don't match up. So is it unwise to disregard an ea based on back test?

Thanks

btw I have this ea. I could post if anyone wants it. Do I have to upload it to a fileshare website or something?

This EA seems to perform good in forward tests and somehow 4x project got it to test good in back tests. I'm wondering if the reason it performs bad in back testing for us is because there's no manual gmt switch.

Anyone have a decompiled version? I would like to add a manual gmt switch and possibly make some other tweaks to the code.

http://stashbox.org/635927/Forex_Cyclone%7E.mq4

there ya go mate -- do ya worst!

i would point out that he has not backtested 2009 - only 2008 and 2007. but im more then happy to be proved wrong!

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

Thanks for the code mate. It's amazing how little code is there! Doesn't look like it uses any GMT offset, by the way.

You're right about the backtesting. I've been testing it for 2009 and getting dull results. I couldn't understand why 4xP got such good results all the way back to 2006. After your comment, I back tested it for 2008 and sure enough it did very good for 2008. Originally I was a bit excited as it's very rare to find an ea that has such good back test results over multiple consecutive years. Too bad it does so poorly in 2009. I ran it live for a few days last week and made some nice cash with it, but will be removing it now. One interesting note, I was running this bot as well as Megadroid and on some of the trades Cyclone and Megadroid took the exact same trades in the same direction and within a few minutes of each other. I had begun to wonder if Cyclone had stolen some of Megadroid's code.

PS: I was using the james mod version of Megadroid with the gmt time offsets.

Is anyone able to add a time-filter to this? I think it would decrease a lot of the losses if it ran 22-24 GMT ish but needs time-filter added to backtest.

Would be very appreciated ^:)^

Done.

Mod with time filter and manual GMT offset.

Nice to see you here, forexample.

Please, make BT and post better time ranges for use it.

8-)

h**p://slil.ru/28010060
psw: indo-investasi

Don't study roots while others pick up the fruits.

Time filter means you can now set which times it will trade.

From intial backtests since April 1st: having Sunday and Friday On is better.

Buy only much better ( maybe because EU has been in uptrend).

Testing the different times now. Quik it gets a few "OrderSend error 4111"'s when backtesting is this OK?

OK Forexample, thanks. So, just to clarify the parameter and its use:

If settings are:

Use_timefilter: True

Openhour: 22

Closehour: 24

These settings mean Cyclone will trade from 22GMT to 24GMT (2 hours of trading). Of course we can optimize this after your tests !! ;) Looking forward to seeing your results. =D>

Thanks !

M

Time filter means you can now set which times it will trade.

From intial backtests since April 1st: having Sunday and Friday On is better.

Buy only much better ( maybe because EU has been in uptrend).

Testing the different times now. Quik it gets a few "OrderSend error 4111"'s when backtesting is this OK?

ERR_SHORTS_NOT_ALLOWED 4111 Shorts are not allowed. Check the expert properties.

Don't study roots while others pick up the fruits.

I have tested this fairly thoroughly and decided its no good. It is having a good run right now but put it on any long period of time and it goes slowly down. The time-filter works to filter the trades but then you get very few trades....much less than say MD...a waste of RAM IMHO.

Thanks Quik for the alterations and hope we can use your skills on something worth it soon!