Megadroid Pro (links first post)

Re: Megadroid Pro

Only started trading mdpro from 3rd September, so I cannot possibly comment.

tnx my friend

I ask again other MdPro users , is it profitable using this EA end of the months?

I still using the DON_ee dll version, and it has been good so far except it doesn't trade on 29 & 30... so if it's be profitable i would upgrade to bbrain unplugged version..

thanks alot :)>-

LAL: Laugh At Life

it's too short to be sad..

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a bug in the origina v07, this is why it is traded 01-31. The newer versions are fine.

This is the correct procedure:

bool IsTradeTime(string symb, int year1, int month1, int day1, int ofs)

{

if (day1 > 31 - ofs) return(false);

return(true);

}

if you like to trade 01-31 you should use this:

bool IsTradeTime(string symb, int year1, int month1, int day1, int ofs)

{

return(true);

}

Br.

a bit of advice from anyone consistantly making a profit with mdpro..........can you help me with settings and currencies......i've been running live with adt on originally 9 currencies and now 7 but consistantly hitting SL...soo overall a wopping loss ..in fact, at the moment mdv1.2 and the predecessors are proving far more profitable and reliable...any tips anyone?

thanks

robin

a bit of advice from anyone consistantly making a profit with mdpro..........can you help me with settings and currencies......i've been running live with adt on originally 9 currencies and now 7 but consistantly hitting SL...soo overall a wopping loss ..in fact, at the moment mdv1.2 and the predecessors are proving far more profitable and reliable...any tips anyone?

thanks

robin

I think ADT is only implied to the currency pair of "Eur_Usd" and if you want to use it on other pairs, the best way is to do a backtest before running it on live account with low risk. If I am not mistaken, the MD creator also does not recommend their users to run "ADT" on "Eur_Usd" as stated in their email.

For the best logics and settings for other currency pairs, you can refer to the previous post somewhere in this thread. :)

From my observation, Aud & Gbp are not advisable to trade with any logics as it might easily hit S/L especially nowadays .:)

thanks

robin

I'm sorry I don't have the expairence to give you advise. However some observations:

I started using shakerz settings as his fxbook account looked fantastic. I tried on a live account and was earning 20-30% per week. Then Last week it all went pair shaped. So I have reduced the trading times to 20-22gmt . That would have knocked out a lot of stoplosses. I've looked on shakerz account and his got knocked around too.

I've had trouble with all of the asian scalpers last couple of weeks. I think it's wise not to trade the last 2 nights of the month. Also I wouldn't have had much trouble at all if I had turned off during high impact news.

Also I have now turned off recovery mode and using fixed lots instead. recovery sucks, picture mdpro taking the wrong side of trade then price drops like crazy to stoploss then opens another trade at recovery levels then only for the price to drop another way to sl. Big losses.

I've see mdpro work really well and earn very well. Just when things go wrong it get's messy very quickly.

So big question is has anyone been able to run mdpro at a profit since start of last week? If so whats your setup?

regards,

I use Megadroid Pro 1.01ee and Megadroid 1.11 (for Advanced Droid Tactis only Eurusd).

Broker : Alpari UK (actually GMT+2)

Megadroid 1.11 :

4 charts Eurusd, GMT0, GMT2, GMT6 and GMT8.

Megadroid Pro 1.01ee:

10 charts

AUDUSD : 1 (Trading hours : 21-1)

EURCHF : 2 (Trading Hours : 21-1)

EURGBP : 3 (Trading Hours : 21-0)

EURJPY : 1 (Trading Hours : 21-1)

GBPCHF : 4 (Trading Hours : 21-0)

GBPUSD : 4 (Trading Hours : 21-0)

USDCAD : 2 (Trading Hours : 23-1)

USDCHF : 4 (Trading Hours : 21-1)

USDJPY : 4 (Trading Hours : 21-1)

EURUSD : 3 (Trading Hours : 21-1)

Trading Hours are in SERVER TIME !

All pairs with GBP stopped at 0 because news at 1h on GBP ! It's more safely !

Risk : 10% on each pair

Recovery : false (all pairs)

Aggressive : true (all pairs)

GMTOffset : 0

AutoLocalGMT : false

AutoServerGMT : false

OverideTradeTime : true

S1_Start_Hour1 : 21

S1_End_Hour1 : 1 (or 0)

S1_Start_Hour2 : 21

S1_End_Hour2 : 1 (or 0)

S2_Start_Hour1 : 21

S2_End_Hour1 : 1 (or 0)

S2_Start_Hour2 : 21

S2_End_Hour2 :1 (or 0)

It's exactly this version : http://www.mediafire.com/file/tjlg1ekjza0/MegaDroidPro_v1_01ee.rar

;)

Are you still using the above version and setup, please?

This months trading was a disaster pretty much. Mainly all pairs were dragged down by the GBP going crazy.

I have learnt my lesson. I now only trade the EURUSD, USDCHF, and EURCHF. No aggressive, no recovery mode, and risk sharing. I've also movede the trade time from 19-23 to 18-22. From 22-23 you often see early asian session spikes on the back of NY session news.

I also throw some other EURCHF scalpers into the mix.

The EURCHF is a relatively safe pairs to scalp on, and you rarely ever see spikes come in early asian session trading -- unlike the EURUSD, or GBPUSD actually.

The problem with MDP is essentially one of running too many pairs (some pairs being related), and having several of them hit stoplosses on the same session.

I have had no problems at all with EU, one full-stop this month but profit was made back and ended up plus 10% with the same risk and recovery OFF.

With regards to the other pairs, all backtest very well but they are more up and down. One has to run them at settings where the risk is accepted, accept the recovery mode will place trades double the size until the recovery is made back, and just ride out the bad times for a long enough period to have a decent data set.

That said I have a question. If one pair hits a stop, do the others all think it was them and also place recovery trades? Or only the pair that caused the stop out? If its the first, its a good reason to turn recovery OFF if running multiple pairs.

\m/

Regarding the last 2 weeks of Bad Trades: Here's a quote from Ben Cook (The ADT creator) email on 30th Sept:

1. Bad Timing

I have noticed in some of the commentary surrounding the recent release of MegaDroid v1.21 that many are questioning whether or not the new version is really an improvement over the old version - typically referring to losses from last week as their evidence. I think this logic is dubious, and that the release of MDv1.21 may have just been bad timing.

Last week was FOMC week in the US. Most forex traders that have been trading MegaDroid for some period of time have probably come to realize that MegaDroid and many other systems do not perform well during FOMC week, and thus shut down MegaDroid for parts (or all) of the week to avoid losses. The FOMC dates are published nearly a year in advance and you can add them to your calendar here: http://www.federalreserve.gov/monetarypolicy/fomccalendars.htm

Further, MegaDroid does not trade the 29th – 31st of each month. What this means is that MegaDroid v1.2 was released during FOMC week when MegaDroid should not be traded anyway, and MD will hardly trade at all during this end-of-month week as well.

Some MD traders went ahead and traded last week (not realizing MegaDroid is bad during FOMC week) and experienced many losses. Now this week we will get little to no trades. In general I think many MegaDroid traders get too comfortable with the high win % and do not properly understand the "gambler's fallacy" or the likelihood of consecutive losses - this then leads to gross errors in logic during losing periods.

For example, some might have the following thinking: "MD v1.2 came out last week and we got more losses than usual, and now it is not making any trades at all therefore MD v1.2 must be broken."

Obviously this logic is not complete based on my previous explanation of the FOMC week followed by the end of month black-out period. In my opinion this is a problem with trader psychology more than a problem with MegaDroid. Thus, I think the release of MD 1.2 may have had some bad timing, but I still think the system is sound and is worth trading.

So, to be honest, I think we failed to notice the FOMC and maybe we should let MDPro get its act back together before we tamper too far with our orignal (successful) settings. What do you all think?

M

Regarding the last 2 weeks of Bad Trades: Here's a quote from Ben Cook (The ADT creator) email on 30th Sept:

1. Bad Timing

I have noticed in some of the commentary surrounding the recent release of MegaDroid v1.21 that many are questioning whether or not the new version is really an improvement over the old version - typically referring to losses from last week as their evidence. I think this logic is dubious, and that the release of MDv1.21 may have just been bad timing.

Last week was FOMC week in the US. Most forex traders that have been trading MegaDroid for some period of time have probably come to realize that MegaDroid and many other systems do not perform well during FOMC week, and thus shut down MegaDroid for parts (or all) of the week to avoid losses. The FOMC dates are published nearly a year in advance and you can add them to your calendar here: http://www.federalreserve.gov/monetarypolicy/fomccalendars.htm

Further, MegaDroid does not trade the 29th – 31st of each month. What this means is that MegaDroid v1.2 was released during FOMC week when MegaDroid should not be traded anyway, and MD will hardly trade at all during this end-of-month week as well.

Some MD traders went ahead and traded last week (not realizing MegaDroid is bad during FOMC week) and experienced many losses. Now this week we will get little to no trades. In general I think many MegaDroid traders get too comfortable with the high win % and do not properly understand the "gambler's fallacy" or the likelihood of consecutive losses - this then leads to gross errors in logic during losing periods.

For example, some might have the following thinking: "MD v1.2 came out last week and we got more losses than usual, and now it is not making any trades at all therefore MD v1.2 must be broken."

Obviously this logic is not complete based on my previous explanation of the FOMC week followed by the end of month black-out period. In my opinion this is a problem with trader psychology more than a problem with MegaDroid. Thus, I think the release of MD 1.2 may have had some bad timing, but I still think the system is sound and is worth trading.

So, to be honest, I think we failed to notice the FOMC and maybe we should let MDPro get its act back together before we tamper too far with our orignal (successful) settings. What do you all think?

M

Yes I agree. Without FOMC my thoughts would be different. Although it did teach some valuable lessons.

Yes, my thoughts exactly. If FOMC had not taken place... well, we would have a whole new problem on our hands.........

As for a lesson learned, most definately. I don't think we should consider EA's as immune to news and events as much as we, or should I say " I " do. @-)

M

1. Bad Timing

M

Hi Meridian,

Should we use MD to trade today (01/10/2009)?

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Jmwaraujo... personally, I am not going to re-start trading MDPro until after the Non Farm Employment Change and other Employment data for the USD has been completed. Usually it is at the end of the month (that's why MD is programmed not to trade the last few days of each month, to protect us from ourselves!). For some reason this data is being released a bit later than usual, on Friday 2 Oct. So, effectively, my trading will not start until Monday 5th Oct.

I am hoping things will be settled by then, and also, that the great guys on this forum will have the updates educated so I can use them ! Hint hint. Haha. =D>

M

Jmwaraujo... personally, I am not going to re-start trading MDPro until after the Non Farm Employment Change and other Employment data for the USD has been completed. Usually it is at the end of the month (that's why MD is programmed not to trade the last few days of each month, to protect us from ourselves!). For some reason this data is being released a bit later than usual, on Friday 2 Oct. So, effectively, my trading will not start until Monday 5th Oct.

I am hoping things will be settled by then, and also, that the great guys on this forum will have the updates educated so I can use them ! Hint hint. Haha. =D>

M

useful notice, i think it's a good idea :)>-

LAL: Laugh At Life

it's too short to be sad..

Thanks for the Kudo Reza :">

I'm coming to learn that it's better not to trade for one or more nights, than to have to work 10 times as hard to recover from the losses. There's always another day to trade - and win - with higher probability.

Here's to getting back to solid and reliable profit with MDPro [-O<

M